Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:27 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,213,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Good morning all. It is a beautiful morning here and it's my 43rd Birthday. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. 43 seems kind of blah for a Birthday, lol. Anyway, we are busy today so hubby is taking me to Red Lobster tomorrow night. Yum.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a wonderful day and a delicious meal tomorrow night!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 07:28 AM

591 posts, read 666,081 times
Good morning to everyone. Wishing you all a great wake up day.

What was the reason the last time you stayed up way later than normal ?
Watching one of my favorite t.v. shows BROTHERS AND SISTER.

lol ok I gotta ask

Was it worth being tired the next day ?

YES, because I only stayed up until 11:00.

(Remember we are a family thread )

Bonus Question:

What was the most unusual "not normally on your shopping list" thing you have bought recently ?

Nothing comes to mind...that's what happens when you are a senior.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Forest products Day

How far away from your home is the nearest Forest or wooded area ? A little further north east about 60 miles.

Just for Fun:

Is the chair you use while on the computer adjustable ? No

How many adjustable chairs do you have in your home ?
None

Old 10-20-2009, 07:31 AM

591 posts, read 666,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Good morning all. It is a beautiful morning here and it's my 43rd Birthday. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. 43 seems kind of blah for a Birthday, lol. Anyway, we are busy today so hubby is taking me to Red Lobster tomorrow night. Yum.

What was the reason the last time you stayed up way later than normal ? A couple of nights ago I stayed up late reading a good book.

lol ok I gotta ask

Was it worth being tired the next day ? Yup.

(Remember we are a family thread ) Ah no fair, lol.

What was the most unusual "not normally on your shopping list" thing you have bought recently ? I'm usually pretty good about buying what we need and our lists lately have been fairly unusual since we are remodeling. "But" hubby went to Home Depot by himself and came out with the biggest 18v Dewalt set they sold. That wasn't on any list that I saw, lol.

Extra Credit Question:

How far away from your home is the nearest Forest or wooded area ?
Right now I have no idea. We are always working. TN, all I have to do is walk out my door.

Is the chair you use while on the computer adjustable ? No.

How many adjustable chairs do you have in your home ? None.

National Brandied Fruit Day Never had any.

International Adjust Your Chair Day Hubby likes those.

National Forest products Day I use way too many napkins.

Massage Therapy Day I could use one of those. My back is killing me.

Suspenders Day I had to wear those years ago in a Restaurant that I worked at.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FRIEND. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY WITH THE FAMILY. Ladybee.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:38 AM

54,505 posts, read 33,950,461 times
Today's Question(s):

lol ok I gotta ask
LOL.. Karla, is that "family thread" note a reminder with me in mind? - The last time I stayed up way later than normal... it's been years, and no it's not what you think.. - The only reason was probably because I couldn't fall asleep.

Bonus Question:

What was the most unusual "not normally on your shopping list" thing you have bought recently ?
Everything on my shopping list is "not normal"..

Extra Credit Question:
Hmmm..... I don't know, I forgot to measure the mileage the last time I went.. - Actually, it's about 55 miles away, around the town of Crown King, Arizona, elevation 6,000 feet, in the Bradshaw Mountain Range north of Phoenix, the highest point in which rises to an elevation of 7,800 feet.

Just for Fun:

Is the chair you use while on the computer adjustable ?
Hmmm... adjustable chairs? Thanks for reminding me Karla, I'll have to saw the legs on the chair to adjust the height on it... - I have 2 chairs in my home office and they are adjustable, however my laptop is on a coffee table in the living room, and I don't think the couch is adjustable..

Old 10-20-2009, 07:41 AM

149 posts, read 229,028 times
Good Morning everyone!!!! Hope you have a fantastic day!

1. a) I stayed up late last night. b) I got almost 7 hrs of sleep, I am doing fine.

2. Hmmmm Progresso Green Pea Soup

3. We have a beautiful park near by (Mill Creek Park), it's 2,600 acres.

4. a) Nope that one broke. b) zero

Old 10-20-2009, 07:44 AM

821 posts, read 2,016,871 times
Today's Question(s):

my normal bedtime is 1-2 am, but staying up later than that would have been a few weeks ago looking for airfare

lol ok I gotta ask

I slept in later the next day so wasn't tired

Bonus Question:

my shopping is at the grocery store, wal-mart or tractor supply for feed, if I can't buy it there, then usually I don't need it.

Extra Credit Question:

we have a large wooded area on the farm and I can see the trees from my house

Just for Fun:

I sit in a wooden straight back chair

How many adjustable chairs do you have in your home ? none

have a great day everyone

Old 10-20-2009, 07:47 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,321,508 times
Reason I stayed up too late the last time?
Playing YoVille, Farmville and Cafe World on Facebook.

Was it worth it?
No!

Closest wooded area?
about 5 minutes away

Unusual item on my shopping list?
Amdro (ant problem recently)

Adjustable chair at work?
Yes.

Happy birthday, younglisa! May you have a good day and a very blessed year ahead!

Old 10-20-2009, 07:50 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,704,884 times

Today's Question(s):

Three rain delays at the track. We raced until almost midnight, 45min drive home.

lol ok I gotta ask

Don't get tired, I'm retired. I just slept later.

Bonus Question:

Pepper Jack cheese.

Extra Credit Question:

About 1 mile.

Just for Fun:

Do you consider a Lazy Boy adjustable?

If you include above, 3.

Today in History:
1873 - P. T. Barnum Hippodrome featuring "Greatest Show on Earth," opens (New York City)
1910 - A baseball with a cork center was used in a World Series game for the first time. The Philadelphia Athletics vs the Chicago Cubs. (Philadelphia won the series 4 games to 1.)
1955 - Harry Belafonte records "Day-O" (Banana Boat Song) "Day-O. Day-ay-ay-ay-o!"
1978 - Police's 1st U.S. concert (NY's CBGBs)

Word of the Day:

milieu \meel-YUH; meel-YOO\ , noun:
1. Environment; setting.

Today is:
National Brandied Fruit Day
International Adjust Your Chair Day
National Character Counts Day
National Forest products Day
Massage Therapy Day
Suspenders Day[/quote]

Old 10-20-2009, 07:53 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,690,862 times
[quote=Karla with a K;11264649]Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday

Today's Question(s):[/u]

LOL, my normal can range from 1 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. so I am afraid if I stay up way later than normal, I might not need to go to bed at all! And actually yesterday morning I went to bed at 5:45 a.m. Reason? I had a horrid headache (too much rain, up and down temps, and being at sons football game in windy, cold conditions) and had to go to bed Sunday at 1:00 p.m. Meds knocked me out, and I didn't get up till 8:30 Sunday night. Soooo, I was up for the night, sigh...

lol ok I gotta ask

Was it worth being tired the next day ? welll I didn't have a choice in the matter, but I don't get the up all night hangover till the next day (today for me and I feel lousy!)

Bonus Question:

What was the most unusual "not normally on your shopping list" thing you have bought recently ? oh, , this will be interesting to read!!! hmm, a set of duplex plans....

Extra Credit Question:

How far away from your home is the nearest Forest or wooded area ? Well, I can look thru my bay window at my back yard, less than 20 feet from that is 23 acres of wooded area belonging to my father in law. We have many wooded areas around here, but state/govnt owned would be 12 miles from me. Trace State Park, we used to go there and picnic and fish a lot, back when we had the children smaller.

Just for Fun:

Is the chair you use while on the computer adjustable ? oh yeah! Since I work from home and am in my chair the majority of the day, I have a good one. It is soft leather, reclines back and swivels. It has armrests and posture control. High end office chair for sure.

How many adjustable chairs do you have in your home ? three office chairs, two recliners and one loveseat w/duel recliners and one rocking chair.

[/b]
Wishing everyone a great day today. I have a dentist appointment and I hate going to dentists. Luckily it is for cleaning. Have fun and find something to smile about, you'll feel better.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:53 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,931,719 times
Morning!!!

Ugh, payday came and already my money is going fast Grrr...

Today's Question(s):

What was the reason the last time you stayed up way later than normal ? I've been staying up late, lately. The latest was around 3am

lol ok I gotta ask

Was it worth being tired the next day ? I'm always tired so this is kinda moot, lol

Bonus Question:

What was the most unusual "not normally on your shopping list" thing you have bought recently ? Um, a Halloween costume for the kiddo? (hey it's not on my shopping list as a regular, lol)

Extra Credit Question:

How far away from your home is the nearest Forest or wooded area ? I'm surrounded by it given the name of this state (Natural State). They're everywhere!

Just for Fun:

Is the chair you use while on the computer adjustable ? Yes

How many adjustable chairs do you have in your home ? One

Today is:
National Brandied Fruit Day--All I see is brandy . Aw, heck, who am I kidding? I talk about liquor on here all the time and I'm usually drunk by 3 beers or 2 shots...lightweight.

International Adjust Your Chair Day--What if it's not adjustable? Can they just use stack of books?

National Character Counts Day-- And good judgement added to that

National Forest products Day--Sure..is it the magical hair forest?

Massage Therapy Day--YES!

Suspenders Day--Paging Urkel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics