Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 07:54 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,689,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Today's Question(s):

Is the chair you use while on the computer adjustable ?
How many adjustable chairs do you have in your home ?
Hmmm... adjustable chairs? Thanks for reminding me Karla, I'll have to saw the legs on the chair to adjust the height on it... - I have 2 chairs in my home office and they are adjustable, however my laptop is on a coffee table in the living room, and I don't think the couch is adjustable..
Have you grown since you bought them. At this point I could mention that you grew through your hair but I' above cheap humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 08:05 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,906,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
Have you grown since you bought them. At this point I could mention that you grew through your hair but I' above cheap humor.
LOL.. Don't worry StudeDude, I am a good sport and there's nothing wrong with cheap humor, it's better than expensive humor!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:08 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,456,304 times
OMG, it is SO COLD here! Brrrrrrrrr

Today's Question(s):

What was the reason the last time you stayed up way later than normal ? I stumbled upon a thread here at City Data that sucked me in like a good book and I literally "couldn't put it down". I started reading in the early evening and stayed up reading all night long.

This was the teaser that caught my attention and had me going back to the beginning of the story to find out what happened. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Breath

Well, almost one year ago, my fiancé’ and I made the decision to live without electricity. The entire first year of ups, downs and the tragic ending can be found HERE. I am today making the choice to move this adventure to a new thread in a new forum. For a quick update, as I hope to move this forward into our life at the new home, as opposed to dwelling on the current legal situation. For those familiar with the thread and what has occurred this past year, we have not yet reached a settlement, I am hoping it ends soon and we continue the legal battle. BUT…this thread’s focus will be on the choices we have made for our future and what true life is like in a non electric home. I appreciate all of those who have sent thoughts and prayers my way during this ordeal and I look forward to sharing this new road with all of you. So….with that being said…
The story. . .

Part 1
Part 2

lol ok I gotta ask

Was it worth being tired the next day ? Absolutely. It was riveting and fascinating.

(Remember we are a family thread )

Bonus Question:

What was the most unusual "not normally on your shopping list" thing you have bought recently ? Bricks.

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of Forest products Day

How far away from your home is the nearest Forest or wooded area ? We live 1.3 kilometers from Hopkins Wilderness Park and love to picnic there.

Just for Fun:

Is the chair you use while on the computer adjustable ? The one at work is, the one at home is not.

How many adjustable chairs do you have in your home ? None.

Here's to everyone having a great day!!

younglisa!!

Last edited by Jill61; 10-20-2009 at 08:25 AM..

Old 10-20-2009, 08:10 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,158,680 times
Good Morning!
Today's Question(s):

What was the reason the last time you stayed up way later than normal ?
Working the midnight shift from 12midnight to 8AM...

lol ok I gotta ask

Was it worth being tired the next day ? Uggh no...but it's part of the shift work that I have to do...

Bonus Question:

What was the most unusual "not normally on your shopping list" thing you have bought recently ?
Sparkling apple cider, plant lights...pretty mundane...

Extra Credit Question:

How far away from your home is the nearest Forest or wooded area ?
Got a half acre next to the house, parks are a couple miles in any direction...

Just for Fun:

Is the chair you use while on the computer adjustable ?
Yup

How many adjustable chairs do you have in your home ?
2 recliners that came from my mom's house are downstairs.

Aiangel~I just got back from the dentist!

Happy Birthday young lisa!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:11 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,672,216 times
[quote=Karla with a K;11264649]Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday

Another chilly start here in NE FL I have the heat on and my fuzzy robe but it is suppose to go up to 78 today and even into the mid 80s the next couple days so I guess our taste of fall was just that lol

Well it is Tuesday so that means I have to be out of here by 8:30 so I better hurry with

[b]
Today's Question(s):

What was the reason the last time you stayed up way later than normal ? I can't remember. We are in the bedroom watching primetime TV and usually fall asleep before 9:30PM
lol ok I gotta ask

Was it worth being tired the next day ?

Bonus Question:

What was the most unusual "not normally on your shopping list" thing you have bought recently ?

Extra Credit Question:

How far away from your home is the nearest Forest or wooded area ? At our house we are surrounded by the Prescott National Forest and BLM.

Just for Fun:

Is the chair you use while on the computer adjustable ? Yes, at my desk. I'm usually on the couch with the laptop.

How many adjustable chairs do you have in your home ? Two

Happy Cork your Bat Day!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:11 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,372,755 times
What was the reason the last time you stayed up way later than normal? Last Friday. I had to pick my hubster up from work.

Was it worth being tired the next day? Heck no, 'cause I wasn't partying.

What was the most unusual "not normally on your shopping list" thing you have bought recently? A tree stand.

How far away from your home is the nearest Forest or wooded area? About 50-60 yards at the back of the house.

Is the chair you use while on the computer adjustable? No and I really need it to be.

How many adjustable chairs do you have in your home? None. Not even a recliner... much to the hubsters dislike.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:14 AM

18,966 posts, read 11,623,260 times
Happy Birthday Lisa!

Congrats to our newly starred QotD family - BS on number 1 and aiangel on star 5!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:20 AM

18,255 posts, read 25,929,548 times
Good morning! Question of the day:

What was the reason the last time you stayed up way later than usual? Last Wednesday night i was in a "Dances With Wolves" mood. It's a four hour plus movie but I popped the ol'dvd in. hadn't seen the movie in years and it was worth it!

Was it worth being tired the next day? Yep, and the good news is I wasn't really that tired.

Bonus question: What was the most unusual "not normally on your shopping list" thing you have bought recently? Night crawlers! City Market carries a few fishing items, and there is a worm farm maybe 15 minutes from my house that they get them from.

Extra credit question: In honor of forest products day, how far away from your home is the nearest forest or wooded area? Not far at all, maybe 15 minutes from the house.

Just for fun: Is the chair you use while on the computer adjustable? No, but it works ok! I am planning on getting an adjustable chair.

How many adjustable chairs do you have in your home? None. Am saving up for one of those orthopedic "riser" recliners, though. They ARE nice and comfy!

Love that word-milieu!

National forest products day; our forests our a special resource. Please respect them!

Have a great Tuesday!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:22 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,039,322 times
HAPPY BIRTHDAY younglisa!!! 43 is as good as any. But, you must be more careful about your back now. People use to tell me this and I didn't pay any attention to them - there are times I wish I would have listened but I really still don't.

The trash man just came and picked up all the bags of leaves I raked up the last couple of days. When I looked out the window this a.m. I saw more leaves on the gound now then when I started raking. There are a lot more yet to fall (OK - this is when you all say "Get over it!")

Today's Question(s):

What was the reason the last time you stayed up way later than normal ? I have no normal. I am a night owl - that's my natural inner clock and I battled that my entire working career. I am trying to change that because mornings have always been my favorite time of the day (doesn't make sense, does it). Love a short nap in the afternoon to get me over that late afternoon slump -I really should take up coffee.

I gotta ask

Was it worth being tired the next day ? Yes and no.

Bonus Question:

What was the most unusual "not normally on your shopping list" thing you have bought recently ? Moth balls - haven't bought moth balls ever. I remember the nasty smell from when I was a kid but it's been recommended that I fill old socks with moth balls and put them under and around the car I store during the winter.

Extra Credit Question:

How far away from your home is the nearest Forest or wooded area ? My front & back yards!

Just for Fun:

Is the chair you use while on the computer adjustable ? No

How many adjustable chairs do you have in your home ? 2 recliners in LR

Old 10-20-2009, 08:28 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,770,195 times
Today's Question(s):

What was the reason the last time you stayed up way later than normal ? Normal for who.

lol ok I gotta ask

Was it worth being tired the next day ? Most likely..............

Bonus Question:

What was the most unusual "not normally on your shopping list" thing you have bought recently ? A bottle of Wasabi.

Extra Credit Question:

How far away from your home is the nearest Forest or wooded area ? A mile or so.

Just for Fun:

Is the chair you use while on the computer adjustable ? Yes

How many adjustable chairs do you have in your home ? Two

Today in History:
1873 - P. T. Barnum Hippodrome featuring "Greatest Show on Earth," opens (New York City)
1910 - A baseball with a cork center was used in a World Series game for the first time. The Philadelphia Athletics vs the Chicago Cubs. (Philadelphia won the series 4 games to 1.)
1955 - Harry Belafonte records "Day-O" (Banana Boat Song) "Day-O. Day-ay-ay-ay-o!"
1978 - Police's 1st U.S. concert (NY's CBGBs)

Word of the Day:

milieu \meel-YUH; meel-YOO\ , noun:
1. Environment; setting.

Today is:
National Brandied Fruit Day
International Adjust Your Chair Day - A must.
National Character Counts Day - Did anyone tell....
National Forest products Day - Thank goodness for Charmin...
Massage Therapy Day - I'm ready.
Suspenders Day - I've got 'em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics