Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 10:48 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,509,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
1872 - J. S. Risdon patents metal windmill
Don't have time to answer questions right now, maybe later. Just wanted to let you know we went to the Mid-America Windmill Museum in Kendalville, Indiana last week. When I get a chance, I will post some pictures.

Have a great day everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 11:07 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,456,721 times
Quote:
Good afternoon everyone
Happy Thursday

Today's Question(s):

So how many of you though or even said "ewwwww" when reading some of the "wild weird food" some of our QOTD family has tried ? Don't remember any that were too far out there...

How many said "wow I may have to also try Oh, I'd like to try moose, bison, and a few more.

Bonus Question:

If you notice a name in your email address book and can't remember who it is do you

Rack your brain till you remember ?
Oh well hopefully they will send a email soon that will remind you ?
Delete it ? Been known to do this after a few months of still not remembering anything about them.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that might have folks calling you a "hermit" ? Not leaving the campground for a few days in a row this past summer. Was enjoying myself inside too much with what I was working on.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever

Been on a Hay ride ?
Gone bobbing for apples ?
Coached anyone or anything ? Coached while mentoring my staff and coached my daughter and her team in the ABA mock trials for Massachusetts middle school students.

Today in History:
1863 - The Red Cross was founded in Geneva, Switzerland by Henry Dunant.
1872 - J. S. Risdon patents metal windmill
1945 - The first commercially-made ballpoint pens went on sale -- at Gimbels Department Store in New York City. The pens sold for $12.50 and racked up a tidy profit of $500,000 in the first month! Did I mention this was 57 years after it was patented
1966 - The National Organization for Women (NOW) was formed. They're as useless at teats on a bull imo.

Today is:
National Oatmeal Day
Hermit Day
Coaches Day
Red Cross Day
Popcorn Poppin Day

Old 10-29-2009, 11:17 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,679,549 times

Today's Question(s):

So how many of you though or even said "ewwwww" when reading some of the "wild weird food" some of our QOTD family has tried ? eww

How many said "wow I may have to also try _______ "?

Bonus Question:

If you notice a name in your email address book and can't remember who it is do you

Send a "who might this be" email to them ?
Oh well hopefully they will send a email soon that will remind you ?I usually do this
Delete it ?

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that might have folks calling you a "hermit" ? I doubt if anyone would call me a hermit.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever

Been on a Hay ride ? yes
Gone bobbing for apples ?yes
Coached anyone or anything ?
no

Old 10-29-2009, 11:24 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,631,678 times
Today's Question(s):

So how many of you though or even said "ewwwww" when reading some of the "wild weird food" some of our QOTD family has tried ? Yes, I said EEWWW to Lutefisk. That crap looks nasty. Rather eat haggis

How many said "wow I may have to also try _______ "? The chocolate oven sound pretty good

Bonus Question:

Delete it ? THIS

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that might have folks calling you a "hermit" ?

Just for Fun:

Have you ever

Been on a Hay ride ? Yes
Gone bobbing for apples ? Yes
Coached anyone or anything ? Yes

Old 10-29-2009, 11:27 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,614,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post

Today's Question(s):

So how many of you though or even said "ewwwww" when reading some of the "wild weird food" some of our QOTD family has tried ?
Someones eating of "domestic rat" didn't do my stomach any good!

How many said "wow I may have to also try _______ "? Nope, not a one!
Hey, I have a freezer full of rats!! come by any time!!The snakes will share!!!

Old 10-29-2009, 11:36 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,027,606 times
All you Colorado people had quite the snow storm! Wish I was there (no more leaves). Believe it or not, I'm ready for snow, Christmas and then I want spring starting 1/3/10.

Today's Question(s):

So how many of you though or even said "ewwwww" when reading some of the "wild weird food" some of our QOTD family has tried ?

All of it - the only thing I want to try is alligator - just one bite - kind of payback for all the people/pets they have chomped on.

Bonus Question:

If you notice a name in your email address book and can't remember who it is do you - Usually these are from email I receive from companies rather than friends. I just determine if I want their email to come through next time - if not, I delete it from my address book and they end up in the slammer (spam folder) next time.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that might have folks calling you a "hermit" ? When I'm working on a home project I become a hermit - want to get it done and hate interruptions. Also, when we get heavy snow - like CO just did, I really appreciate that I am retired and have all day to take care of the snow. Doesn't bother me to be a hermit for a day or two - take long baths, read, watch old movies. Where is that snow?

Just for Fun:

Have you ever

Been on a Hay ride ? Yes
Gone bobbing for apples ? No - gross
Coached anyone or anything ? I was manager and did that frequently - did I say I am retired?

Today in History:

1945 - The first commercially-made ballpoint pens went on sale -- at Gimbels Department Store in New York City. The pens sold for $12.50 and racked up a tidy profit of $500,000 in the first month! Did I mention this was 57 years after it was patented $12.50 in 1945 was a hugh amount of money

Today is:
National Oatmeal Day - Love this
Hermit Day
Coaches Day
Red Cross Day
Popcorn Poppin Day Went to the store to pick some up - picked up everything BUT that - Great stuff for hermits!

Old 10-29-2009, 11:41 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,311,322 times
Quote:
Good morning everyone
Happy Thursday

Today's Question(s):

How many said "wow I may have to also try _______ "? Nothing looked alluring to me. Maybe snake . . . someday.

Bonus Question:

Rack your brain till you remember ? I'll try this first.
Delete it ? Next step if memory fails.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that might have folks calling you a "hermit" ? My nephews know that I will never answer the door if I don't know who's there; they also know that I'm highly unlikely to answer the door, even if I know who's there. (I often don't want people in my house.)

Just for Fun:

Have you ever

Been on a Hay ride ? Yes.
Gone bobbing for apples ? Yes.
Coached anyone or anything ? Nope.

Today in History:
1863 - The Red Cross was founded in Geneva, Switzerland by Henry Dunant.
1872 - J. S. Risdon patents metal windmill He'd be proud if he could see how it's evolved.
1945 - The first commercially-made ballpoint pens went on sale -- at Gimbels Department Store in New York City. The pens sold for $12.50 and racked up a tidy profit of $500,000 in the first month! Did I mention this was 57 years after it was patented
1966 - The National Organization for Women (NOW) was formed.

Word of the Day:
stentorian \sten-TOR-ee-uhn\ , adjective;
1. Extremely loud. Interesting word. Probably hasn't been used in decades.

Today is:
National Oatmeal Day Ha! Am eating some right now.
Hermit Day
Coaches Day
Red Cross Day
Popcorn Poppin Day Nope. I'd rather smell it than eat it.
Good day, everyone!

Old 10-29-2009, 11:57 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,186,540 times

Today's Question(s):

Nothing anymore really surprises me very much at all

How many said "wow I may have to also try"? naw

Bonus Question:

Delete it ? NoRMALLY THIS WOULD BE ME AS I do not communicate with many people that way in my personal life so I wouldn't miss it either way

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing you did that might have folks calling you a "hermit" ? never..

Just for Fun:

Have you ever

Been on a Hay ride ? yes
Gone bobbing for apples ? yes
Coached anyone or anything ? many a time yep

Word of the Day:
stentorian \sten-TOR-ee-uhn\ , adjective;
1. Extremely loud.

Today is:

Hermit Day

Old 10-29-2009, 11:58 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,038,533 times
Today's Question(s):

A few times.

Not me, I'm not very adventuresome when it comes to "weird" food. I would try some things but some I would not. I can't stand anything that's slimy (octopus, eel, etc.) so anything like that would be out of the question!...LOL.

Bonus Question:

usually this one.
Delete it ?

Extra Credit Question:

I've been spending a lot more time at home lately so I'm certain many of my family and friends think I'm a hermit right now....LOL.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever

Been on a Hay ride ?
Yes, I was a teenager so it's been a long time.
Gone bobbing for apples ? never tried that.
Coached anyone or anything ? As much as I love sports I've never coached any team. I have, however, served as a mentor in my work.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:04 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,009,482 times
Today's Question(s):

As long as I do not think about it too much while eating it, I can handle most weird things.

Some of the things listed have possibilities. I like wild game. Therefore any of the "wild game" items would be tasty.

Bonus Question:

Delete it ?
I have very few names in my address book. It is easy to remember who they are.

Extra Credit Question:

Can not think of anything. While I do not socialize much, I do not sit at home much either. I get out as much as I can.

Just for Fun:

Have you ever

Been on a Hay ride ?
Nope
Gone bobbing for apples ? Nope
Coached anyone or anything I have coached a person or two on the fine art of Trick or Drinking. It is not wise to go Trick or Drinking without proper training.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics