Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 03:43 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,059,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Fred says you still have not cleaned the fish we caught.

I'm going to go up and drown that Fred! I think you taught Fred some very bad ways while the pair of you were fishin. He's still in the tub - don't dare try to force him out (you get the picture)! Just got an idea - I'm gonna do some fishin of my own - get the biggest, nastiest hook I can find and we'll see how long it takes ole Fred to get movin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 04:06 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,035,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN2CO View Post
I'm going to go up and drown that Fred! I think you taught Fred some very bad ways while the pair of you were fishin. He's still in the tub - don't dare try to force him out (you get the picture)! Just got an idea - I'm gonna do some fishin of my own - get the biggest, nastiest hook I can find and we'll see how long it takes ole Fred to get movin!
This really isn't all Fred's fault. After working 20 years as a roadie for a traveling circus he found himself unemployed. Not having any other real job skills he went to the Karla with a K Employment Center for the Unskilled. Fred said Karla told him he was a natural for the Honey-do Fairy position. Fred thinks Karla was really just looking anyone willing to pay her 2 months wages for the job regardless whether or not they had the skills needed for the job.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:21 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,059,416 times
I got the neighbors pitbull to guard the bathroom (and Fred). Meanwhile, I have some chores to do here (worthless Fred) and then Mr Mutt - I'll catch up with you later. My mother always told me "You gotta watch the quiet ones!" Now you have Karla, I and a host of other ladies ready to "clean your clock" - so to speak!

Later~~~

Old 11-03-2009, 04:26 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,359,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
This really isn't all Fred's fault. After working 20 years as a roadie for a traveling circus he found himself unemployed. Not having any other real job skills he went to the Karla with a K Employment Center for the Unskilled. Fred said Karla told him he was a natural for the Honey-do Fairy position. Fred thinks Karla was really just looking anyone willing to pay her 2 months wages for the job regardless whether or not they had the skills needed for the job.

Now we know the whole story!

Old 11-03-2009, 04:28 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,359,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
ok am I the only one wanting to know what The potato omelette sandwich is !!!
I'll tell you tomorrow... if you're nice!

Old 11-03-2009, 05:48 PM
bjh

60,403 posts, read 30,593,490 times
Here I am late to the party again. (hangs head in shame)

Today's Question(s):
I can't believe I forgot to ask Did any of our QOTD family do or plan to do the big " Fall cleaning" ? What is your biggest "Fall cleaning project" ?
Plan to do a couple of big chores in a few weeks. I don't want to think about it until then Karla. Sorry.

Bonus Question:
I just realized Thanksgiving is only 23 days away !! Will you be having Turkey Day at your home or will you be going somewhere?
At home. A few weeks ago we had Thanksgiving with some friends who are now overseas. They will miss turkey day on American soil.

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of National Sandwich Day What was the last sandwich you ate ?
Nothing spectacular, just a slice of cheese and mustard on white bread.

What is your all time favorite sandwich ?
Meatball sub.

Today in History:
1953 - 1st live color coast-to-coast telecast (New York City) interesting!
1973 - Good Morning America premieres on ABC (David Hartman and Nancy Dussault) I remember Hartman in the late 70s early 80s when I was growing up.

Today is:
National Sandwich Day
National Housewife's Day honey, I got you a new iron to celebrate....j/k

Old 11-03-2009, 06:01 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,797,097 times
I'm such a looser... I just answered yesterdays question.. thinking it was Monday

Today's Question(s):
I can't believe I forgot to ask

Did any of our QOTD family do or plan to do the big " Fall cleaning" ? no

What is your biggest "Fall cleaning project" ? rearranging a couple rooms

Bonus Question:
Will you be having Turkey Day at your home or will you be going somewhere? haven't planned anything yet

Extra Credit Question:
In honor of National Sandwich Day

What was the last sandwich you ate ? peanut butter and banana

What is your all time favorite sandwich ? Peanutbutter and jelly

Today in History:

1896 - J. H. Hunter patents portable weighing scales
1952 - Frozen bread was offered for sale for the first time. A supermarket in Chester, New York featured the stuff. It was an invention of a local baker who used the quick-freeze technology developed by Clarence Birdseye (of Birdseye frozen foods fame).
1953 - 1st live color coast-to-coast telecast (New York City)
1956 - "Wizard of Oz" 1st televised (CBS-TV) my favorite
1973 - Good Morning America premieres on ABC (David Hartman and Nancy Dussault)

Old 11-03-2009, 06:14 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,894,442 times
Sacre bleu!!!

Today's Question(s):

Did any of our QOTD family do or plan to do the big " Fall cleaning" ?

Not this year. Sacre bleu!!!

What is your biggest "Fall cleaning project" ?

Bonus Question:
I just realized Thanksgiving is only 23 days away !!

Will you be having Turkey Day at your home or will you be going somewhere?

If we follow recent tradition; family at a local restaurant.
Sacre bleu!!!

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last sandwich you ate ?

Quiznos Classic Italian.
Sacre bleu!!!

What is your all time favorite sandwich ?

I think BLT when fixed correctly.
Sacre bleu!!!

Today in History:
1952 - Frozen bread was offered for sale for the first time. A supermarket in Chester, New York featured the stuff. It was an invention of a local baker who used the quick-freeze technology developed by Clarence Birdseye (of Birdseye frozen foods fame).

And just how many color TV's do you think were in existence then? Sacre bleu!!!

1956 - "Wizard of Oz" 1st televised (CBS-TV)

Word of the Day:

sommelier \suhm-uhl-YEY; Fr. saw-muh-LYEY\ , noun;
1. To involuntarily repeat a particular response, such as a word, phrase, or gesture

Sacre bleu!!! Sacre bleu!!! Sacre bleu!!! Sacre bleu!!!

Today is:

National Sandwich Day
Cliche Day Sacre bleu!!!
National Housewife's Day
Scale Day
Give Someone a Dollar Today Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Babble

Day of CD/DVD burning!
Sacre bleu!!!

Once in a while things line up. Today I burned DVD's on the work PC and CD's on the bench PC.

Broke my old HP D145 multi function printer today. Time for a new one. It was probably going to be replaced anyway as the print heads were shot and new ones were going to cost more than a new printer. Looks like it will be the Canon Pixma MX860. Copy, scan, print, fax, legal size. What more can a guy ask for?
Sacre bleu!!!

Is
sommelier French for Turrets?

Everyone have a
Sacre bleu!!! evening!

Old 11-04-2009, 01:01 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,622,592 times
Today's Question(s):
I can't believe I forgot to ask Did any of our QOTD family do or plan to do the big " Fall cleaning" ? Far behind on this chore. I need assistance, where is Fred?
What is your biggest "Fall cleaning project" ? All of these @#$%& windows. Split level home with clerestory windows on the upper level!

U]Bonus Question: [/u]
I just realized Thanksgiving is only 23 days away !! Gee, thanks a lot for the reminder...

Will you be having Turkey Day at your home or will you be going somewhere? Here at our home and/or possibly at one of our son's In-Laws.

Extra Credit Question:
What was the last sandwich you ate ? Almost hate to admit this but it was a crispy chicken sandwich from the golden arches company!

What is your all time favorite sandwich ? My Mother's comfort food sandwich: bologna, Miracle Whip, lettuce, tomato, sharp cheddar on good old white bread! Or a barbeque pork or beef on wheat bread.

Today in History:
1956 - "Wizard of Oz" 1st televised (CBS-TV)

Word of the Day:

sommelier \suhm-uhl-YEY; Fr. saw-muh-LYEY\ , noun;
1. To involuntarily repeat a particular response, such as a word, phrase, or gesture [b]Are you sure about this????? Definition: A sommelier is a wine steward who is an expert in the wine industry and understand the pairing of wine with all food courses. [/B]

Hope that everyone enjoyed their day and Karla with a K's QOTD

Old 11-07-2009, 05:55 AM

25,449 posts, read 11,775,380 times
Suncoast is playing catch up... I'm sorry!

Today's Question(s):

Did any of our QOTD family do or plan to do the big " Fall cleaning" ? Plan to do, probably Thanksgiving weekend when I have a long weekend.

What is your biggest "Fall cleaning project" ? Closet.... again.

Bonus Question:
I just realized Thanksgiving is only 23 days away !! Oy! Yay!

Will you be having Turkey Day at your home or will you be going somewhere? Going somewhere else most likely.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last sandwich you ate ? PB&J Yesterday

What is your all time favorite sandwich ? I love sandwiches, I really do like the Italian Meat Sandwich that you can get at Subway, Publix, and what have you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics