Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 10:20 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,352,743 times

Advertisements

On a day like today I need to stay in bed---15 outside with a wind chill of 2.

The last time I wanted to say I told you so was to my roommate who is very narrow-minded and I did.

Nebbish best describes my roommate.

If anyone is tossing fruitcakes today, toss them this way. I really enjoy fruitcake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 10:31 AM

44,646 posts, read 61,684,084 times
Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to relax and watch some football, maybe run an errand..?

Bonus Question:
Since the QOTD folks are so well mannered & polite here is your chance to say here what you couldn't in person.

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ? Yesterday, no comment...

Did you ? Yes, no comment...

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend? Watch the football playoffs, go out to dinner with friends.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:35 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,549,022 times
Ok...it's 12:30 and only 31...what is up with this????
I did see some snow but it's not sticking to the ground so no pictures...boo hoo.
I'm in for the day, gonna make a big pot of chili!!

Old 01-09-2010, 10:36 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,312,384 times
[quote=Karla with a K;12367026]Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday

lol So much for our warm-up I think "Ma Nature" was just teasing us. We are back to 31 degrees with a "feels like temp" of 21 this morning.
Because of the wind at least there wasn't any frost.

Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to ____________ ? Well, I may need to answer that question later. Just barely got up.

Bonus Question:
Since the QOTD folks are so well mannered & polite here is your chance to say here what you couldn't in person.

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ? Earlier in the week. It was something that my co-worker did that put her on the S-List for a long time, if not for good.
Did you ? No. I didn't encourage her, but she'll know soon enough when she whines about the repercussions. Not feeling at all sympathetic for her.

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? Stay home. I've caught a bad bug.

Today in History:
1493 - 1st sighting of manatees by Christopher Columbus He probably wondered what those big ugly blobs in the water were. (I don't find them cute at all.)

Today is:
National Clean Off Your Desk Day This, I plan to do today!
Where's the Beef Day On my plate for dinner! [quote ] Have a good Saturday.

To those of you in Florida, I feel your pain. That wind has got to feel horrible. When it warms up to a still 40, it's going to feel like 50 ~ I promise.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:47 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,186,540 times
Ya know I show up early and nothing...come back several hours later and there is 5 pages of responses. I knew I had it bad looking for this darn question everyday but y'all have made me feel better about myself

Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to just set back and relax now we have two good playoff football games coming on today. So I'm gonna grab me something to drink and perhaps eat me some good food and enjoy what the day has to offer

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? I'm gonna do some painting inside and not get real excited and when the football comes on I'm gonna set back in my home like I'm the king and relax and just enjoy each day!

Word of the Day:
nebbish \NEB-ish\ , noun;
1. A weak-willed, timid, or ineffectual person.

Today is:
The day that all your sports broadcasters will be talking about when the Eagles finally on there third try will defeat the Cowboys!
Heck they'll even be showing it and talking about it next week and up through the super bowl
Off to the grocery here soon to grab somethings before the game begin.

Hope y'all have a wonderful day

Old 01-09-2010, 11:17 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,463,033 times
On a day like today I think I need to go to the spa. ?

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ? Yesterday when my husband didn't have lunch with his friend from work.

Did you ? Hell yeah...LOL...I told him, you men are so different from us women. We plan lunch weeks ahead then follow through.

What are your plans for this weekend ? Already fulfilled one of those plans...to go to the 'Starving Artist' sale here in Baltimore. We went this morning and got a beautiful sofa size oil painting for 59 dollars. Taking a break now, but later on hubby and I will go to the Home Depot to get the materials needed to make our own frame. He's a real handyman and the frames he makes are so much prettier/nicer/cheaper than the ones you buy already made. I digress.

Later on today we will be going to visit my Dad...help him take down and put his Christmas decorations away. Since it's so cold outside, we aren't going out. We'll hunker down under the covers and watch TV.

Sunday....sleep in then go to the grocery store. Ravens play at 1. Might watch the game at our favorite sports bar. GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come home, take the dog for a walk, relax and get ready for work on Monday.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:30 AM

1,539 posts, read 3,193,724 times
Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to be grateful I live in an area with fantastic weather. A lot of times I get irritated at how warm it is in January, but instead, today I need to be grateful!

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ?
When a very close friend of mine moved from one location to another, and of course, wants to go back to the original location, which I knew was going to happen.

Did you ?
No...that would just be mean!

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ?

Well, I drove down to San Diego yesterday afternoon after meeting my Mom for lunch. Now just hanging out in SD with my cousin, having a girls weekend! If it was the summer we'd probably be going to the beach as it's fun & free and we are both college students on a budget!!

Today in History:
1493 - 1st sighting of manatees by Christopher Columbus
1793 - 1st hot-air balloon flight in the U.S. lifts off in Philadelphia
1956 - Abigail Van Buren's "Dear Abby" column 1st appears in newspapers
1984 - “WHERE’S THE BEEF?” Clara Peller was first seen by TV viewers this day in the famous and successful commercial campaign for Wendy’s fast-food chain.

Word of the Day:
nebbish \NEB-ish\ , noun;
1. A weak-willed, timid, or ineffectual person.

Today is:

National Apricot Day
National Static Electricity Day
Fruitcake Toss Day
Word Nerd Day
National Clean Off Your Desk Day
Where's the Beef Day

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 01-09-2010, 11:33 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,028,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyVT View Post
My chore of the day too!! Procrastination at it's best!! Pine needles EVERYWHERE!!!! I MEAN EVERYWHERE!!
Remember - if you vac the pine needles, they can blow up your vac if left in there too long - it's a gas that builds up. True trivia!

Old 01-09-2010, 11:57 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,203,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I don't think Disney will feel all that 'magical' today.
Oh yes it would be missy to us northerners that are use to colder temps it would be a light jacket day.

Disney World rocks no matter the weather.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:58 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,905,197 times

Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to __stay focused on chores ____ ?

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ?

Did you ? ~ Don’t even get me started on what I really want to say!

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? ~ take down the tree, clean the house, work on photos that need to be added to the album and make some adjustments in those of the photoshop. Update the other pc and get it ready for a new year. Go shopping with Mrs. Aks for some things she wanted. And last try to relax and enjoy the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics