Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 08:24 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,721,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday

lol So much for our warm-up I think "Ma Nature" was just teasing us. We are back to 31 degrees with a "feels like temp" of 21 this morning.
Because of the wind at least there wasn't any frost.

Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to DRESS IN LAYERS WHEN I GO OUT.

Bonus Question:
Since the QOTD folks are so well mannered & polite here is your chance to say here what you couldn't in person.

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ? Last Thursday.

Did you ? Yes

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ?
The usual......laundry,grocery shopping,cleaning and trying to stay warm while watchimg a movie or two after I'm done checking things out on City-Data of course.

Today in History:
1493 - 1st sighting of manatees by Christopher Columbus - I wonder what he thought when he seen them?
1793 - 1st hot-air balloon flight in the U.S. lifts off in Philadelphia
1956 - Abigail Van Buren's "Dear Abby" column 1st appears in newspapers
1984 - ?WHERE?S THE BEEF?? Clara Peller was first seen by TV viewers this day in the famous and successful commercial campaign for Wendy?s fast-food chain.

Word of the Day:
nebbish \NEB-ish\ , noun;
1. A weak-willed, timid, or ineffectual person.

Today is:

National Apricot Day - YUM!
National Static Electricity Day
Fruitcake Toss Day - Wasn't that the other day?
Word Nerd Day
National Clean Off Your Desk Day
Where's the Beef Day
Have a good weekend everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 08:38 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,228,744 times
Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to hibernate!!! Brrrrr...too cold to leave the house.

Bonus Question:
Since the QOTD folks are so well mannered & polite here is your chance to say here what you couldn't in person.

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ? I can't come up with any prime examples right now.

Did you ? Not sure...but probably not...cause I wouldn't want someone saying it to me.

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? Working on the iceskating rink later today.....temps are perfect for "freezing" things.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:40 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,228,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue View Post
Good Morning! Happy Birthday ton hdinia's DH!

Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to take down the Christmas tree. I will be working next weekend , so it's now or never!

Bonus Question:
Since the QOTD folks are so well mannered & polite here is your chance to say here what you couldn't in person. Shout Out a BIG thanks to all the mods for keeping this place so well mannered!

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ? When DD's friends were petting our cocker spaniel, Molly. She gives terrified yelps & promptly pees..

Did you ? Well, not in front of her friends....

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? Christmas decorations coming down today, DH wants to go shopping & we will go out for dinner. Sunday it's over eldest sister's house for Russian nChristmas for homemade pierogi!

My chore of the day too!! Procrastination at it's best!! Pine needles EVERYWHERE!!!! I MEAN EVERYWHERE!!

Old 01-09-2010, 08:50 AM

23,027 posts, read 34,436,211 times
On a day like today I think I need to get outside and enjoy the cool air, because it will gone too soon
I am off this weekend for the first time in a long time and my plans are to do some much needed cleaning.

PS Believe or not my mother's fruit cake is GOOD, everyone who has ever said they hate fruitcake, loves hers. I made it this week and it actually turned out good. Yes there is such a thing as a GOOD fruitcake!

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 01-09-2010 at 09:28 AM..

Old 01-09-2010, 09:39 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,464,303 times
Default nebbish? NOT!

Today is a good 'literary' day.

I need to finish the book, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, for Book Club, the first of February. (I promised this copy to another member.) I'll snuggle-up on the sofa, under a nice throw I like, with Toto. Give him a chance to finish his book, too -- Obedience & You. He's taking notes for the JRT.

If it weren't soooooo daggone cold, I'd be out putting more straw in the beds in the yard. The holiday decorations, at least, are down and put away until next Christmas. I seriously thought about leaving some of the red and white lights up for Valentine's Day.

I really can't think of any I told you so, which is so unlike me.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:47 AM

18,135 posts, read 11,785,189 times
Default Happy Weekend to ALL :)

I just wanted to wish you all a good weekend.

Stay warm,
2G's

Old 01-09-2010, 09:50 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,233,226 times
Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to make some hot chocolate!

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ?
To hubby about an investment, but I was good and did not

Did you ?

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ?
To stay warm

Today in History:
1493 - 1st sighting of manatees by Christopher Columbus
1793 - 1st hot-air balloon flight in the U.S. lifts off in Philadelphia
1956 - Abigail Van Buren's "Dear Abby" column 1st appears in newspapers
1984 - “WHERE’S THE BEEF?” Clara Peller was first seen by TV viewers this day in the famous and successful commercial campaign for Wendy’s fast-food chain.

Word of the Day:
nebbish \NEB-ish\ , noun;
1. A weak-willed, timid, or ineffectual person.

Today is:
National Apricot Day
National Static Electricity Day
Fruitcake Toss Day
Word Nerd Day
National Clean Off Your Desk Day
Where's the Beef Day

Old 01-09-2010, 09:57 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,598,475 times
Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to stay in where it's warm ? (12 here this morning)

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ? Right before Christmas

Did you ? Of course!

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ?See Question #1.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:58 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,550,176 times
Good morning Karla and QOTD friends...
Happy Saturday!

It's a nice sunny day today in Southern California and the highs should be in the upper 70's. Soooo.....

On a day like today I think I need to open up the house and let the fresh air in!

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? Nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe go to the Mall today and church tomorrow.

Have a Super Saturday everyone...see you Monday!

Old 01-09-2010, 10:15 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,622,038 times
On a day like today I think I need to ____________ ?
Pour a glass (or 3) of bubbly, wrap myself in a blanket and watch movies all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics