Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 06:22 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,213,490 times

Advertisements

Good morning.

Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to
__do whatever/go wherever DH wants (it's his birthday)__________ ?

Bonus Question:
Since the QOTD folks are so well mannered & polite here is your chance to say here what you couldn't in person.

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ?
don't remember

Did you ?

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? stay warm, find a car, spoil DH, cuddle Bubba, read...

Word of the Day:
nebbish \NEB-ish\ , noun;
1. A weak-willed, timid, or ineffectual person. I feel that way often.

Today is:

National Apricot Day pass
National Static Electricity Day went to kiss DH's forehead last night and got a big shock on my lip! It hurt!
Fruitcake Toss Day It might break something!
Word Nerd Day I am sure that I know some.
National Clean Off Your Desk Day not at work so can't do that today! The desk here at home, well.... it's not my stuff!
Where's the Beef Day Sure - that just gave me the idea to make a Prime Rib Roast (roast that has the flavor of prime rib but not the cost!). Problem is DS is not a fan of roast.

Have a good day and stay warm all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 06:31 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,699,305 times
Good morning and IHOP pancakes are making me drool Karla....

Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to ____stay warm________ ?

Bonus Question:
Since the QOTD folks are so well mannered & polite here is your chance to say here what you couldn't in person.

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ? Actually it was monday

Did you ? yeah.....like to rub thing in.

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? got a Birthday lunch in a very nice restaurant then DD is coming for the weekend. Can't wait to see her

have a great day everyone......now time to look for the beef.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:37 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,386,306 times
Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to I always have a ready long list of things to do - it doesn't matter what the day is like

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ? With DS

Did you ? No

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? Well - that depends on what my son who only has two days with us before returning to college wants to do. We had planned a trip to Culebra yesterday but it rained all day and then we discovered they don't allow cars to return on the ferry on weekends in order to promote the rental car business on the island , so ... we may see if it is possible to go to a small unihabited island near where we live which has a submerged wreck or tour a coffee plantation.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:38 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,352,356 times
Good morning!

Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to drink loads of coffee

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ? Last time I heard the song

Did you ? Sing? I can't. LOL

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? If it doesn't rain we are going to spend most of the day downtown - there are celebrations for the town's anniversary

Today is:
National Apricot Day
National Static Electricity Day
Fruitcake Toss Day
Word Nerd Day
National Clean Off Your Desk Day
Where's the Beef Day

Have a safe day!!

Old 01-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,169,319 times
Good Morning! Happy Birthday ton hdinia's DH!

Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to take down the Christmas tree. I will be working next weekend , so it's now or never!

Bonus Question:
Since the QOTD folks are so well mannered & polite here is your chance to say here what you couldn't in person. Shout Out a BIG thanks to all the mods for keeping this place so well mannered!

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ? When DD's friends were petting our cocker spaniel, Molly. She gives terrified yelps & promptly pees..

Did you ? Well, not in front of her friends....

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? Christmas decorations coming down today, DH wants to go shopping & we will go out for dinner. Sunday it's over eldest sister's house for Russian nChristmas for homemade pierogi!

Old 01-09-2010, 06:46 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,069,016 times
On a day like today I think I need to stay inside and stay warm.

Bonus Question:
Since the QOTD folks are so well mannered & polite here is your chance to say here what you couldn't in person. When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ?

Well, actually it was in person, though I didn't shout it. I visited two 55+ communities in November with my son and on the trip home, called my wife and told her that I was starting to have a change in heart about which one would be the best fit. She could not believe what I was saying - until the next month when we went to both together. She and I agree now fully - and I did say, "I told you so". (and in truth, I can't believe it either.)

What are your plans for this weekend ?

At 4:30 this afternoon I'll be camped out in front of my television watching the New York Jets in an actual playoff game with all the appropriate accoutrement, including crossed fingers, rabbits foot, horse shoes, four leaf clover, Lucky Charms cereal, etc. Other than that, we'll probably be doing a little cleaning, a little laundry and making baking bread and thinking warm thoughts.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:51 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,726,438 times
Good Saturday mornin' to y'all !!

Today's Question(s):
On a day like today I think I need to _just stay in and day dream it is summer time.... _ !

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ?

Did you ? No....never did like taking pleasure in wanting to put salt on someone else's wound.
Though I have at some point and time thought it....but never have done it !!

Extra credit Question:
What are your plans for this weekend ?
My plans are to just park my body inside this home, as it is snowing.... Too dang cold to try and enjoy being out and about.
So I have resolved my plans to reading a good book!!

Today is:
Fruitcake Toss Day..... I can soooo understand this...!! Isn't that actually what fruit cakes were made for...

Have a wonderful day.....

Old 01-09-2010, 06:51 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,580,678 times
So it's 30 as I write this...not gonna help when.....

Today I really need to get some groceries and dog food.

I DID do this while traveling with my in-laws to Ohio. A certain turn just made sense...we took it, they didn't and they got lost. I love it when a plan comes together. lol

Today's plans are getting some groceries..I might meet friends at a Chili Cookoff....chances are slim that will hapen lol.
I am working registration at a bike run in the morning. I won't be one of the freezing ones on the bike at least lol.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Old 01-09-2010, 06:58 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,203,764 times
Today's Question(s):

On a day like today I think I need to stay home and relax. Unfortunately, I have to go into the office to work.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ? Last month.

Did you ? I did not have to. My look said it all.

Extra credit Question:

What are your plans for this weekend ? Work, work, work!

Old 01-09-2010, 07:04 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,483,225 times
Brrr!!!! Good morning everyone. It is a nasty day today.

On a day like today I think I need to ____________ ? Make a big pot of Chicken Soup.

When was the last time you wanted to shout out "I told you so" ? My stepdaughter's husband kept getting extended unemployment and we told her to start pushing him to find a job. We knew when he went off he would wheedle in on her housecleaning business. She said "no way, he'll get a job" Nope he didn't even look and he cleans one house for her per week. That's enough for him. The absolute slug.

Did you ? Absolutely not. She's already paying the price. We tried to warn her and that's all you can do with kids. You can't live their life for them but we will always be there when she needs us.

What are your plans for this weekend ? Make a big pot of soup. Go over to the other house and finish it. We have to do some paint touch up, clean up, and take everything out of the house. We list it on Monday. Woo hoo. This felt like the never ending house.

1493 - 1st sighting of manatees by Christopher Columbus Love them.

Last edited by ylisa7; 01-09-2010 at 08:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics