Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 05:35 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,375,580 times

Advertisements

I think I have seen that feature before today but never paid it any mind....

I clicked on it this morning and WOW... I am liking it...

It's down at the bottom of the page. So way faster than using the back button... hmm... maybe my freak out was a good thing... heehee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 05:38 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
I think I have seen that feature before today but never paid it any mind....

I clicked on it this morning and WOW... I am liking it...

It's down at the bottom of the page. So way faster than using the back button... hmm... maybe my freak out was a good thing... heehee
Methinks Cinderobyn+ Coffee = CrAzY!!! LOL! I personally have used this feature before and do find it to be quite beneficial as well. Talk to you later; I'm headed out now for a new photo tour. Enjoy your newfound little toy! LOL!

Old 06-15-2007, 05:45 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
I never noticed it! Wow, no more scrolling. Thanks!

Old 06-15-2007, 06:55 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,781,279 times
Use it all the time.

Click around there's a couple other cool things here to check out.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:41 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,894,490 times
Lightbulb Good info

http://www.airamericaplace.com/boards/style_emoticons/default/coffee2.gif (broken link)
We all tend to miss the simple easy things in life and that “jump†button at the bottom is one of them. However I have been using for some time now, mainly because the first time I just jumped and almost knocked over the coffee cup and messed the pc keyboard when I “jumped†,,,,, then I realized that I actually needed to “click†the jump button and it worked sooooo much better.

Another little item that maybe missed is the “blue forward arrow†at each topic posted. When you click that arrow it takes you to the first message that you have not seen in that subject area. If you click the “title†of the topic you’ll always have to view things that you already have seen.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:49 AM

797 posts, read 2,993,073 times
I have always mostly used the jump to browse all the forums, it's actually how I landed in OT one day and then Travel and then Pets, and if your not careful you too will accidently jump into a random city. Interesting stuff out there. I also just started using the quick links to keep on top of some of my favorite threads.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:00 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,165,726 times
I've been using that Jump thing for a while. What I just picked up on the other day were the "Page Up" and "Page Down" buttons on the keyboard. I used to use the little wheel on the mouse or the up and down arrows and it was sooooooo much slower.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Methinks Cinderobyn+ Coffee = CrAzY!!! LOL! I personally have used this feature before and do find it to be quite beneficial as well. Talk to you later; I'm headed out now for a new photo tour. Enjoy your newfound little toy! LOL!
HEY NOW! Don't go messing w my coffee man! Thats not even cool!

Old 06-15-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
I've been using that Jump thing for a while. What I just picked up on the other day were the "Page Up" and "Page Down" buttons on the keyboard. I used to use the little wheel on the mouse or the up and down arrows and it was sooooooo much slower.
OMG! I use page up/down at work all the time but I never thought to use it here! Should this be in the dork alert thread? OMG

Old 06-16-2007, 05:26 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,165,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
OMG! I use page up/down at work all the time but I never thought to use it here! Should this be in the dork alert thread? OMG
I think you are correct! We should have put this on the Dork thread. I use Up and Down for everything else and it never dawned on me to do it here until just the other day.

Maybe the runner under my name should be changed to "Dorkette of the Obvious" or, as someone suggested the other day, "...of the Oblivious".

"Dorkette of the Oblivious"... there's a thought!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics