Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:30 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,326,775 times

Advertisements

Do people in stadiums really have to have something to watch when the teams are not playing? Do they really need to be entertained all the time?
Maybe people could just have a conversation with people around them. When I used to go and see professional soccer games back in France when I was a college student, there were no cheerleaders or anything. So we spoke with people around us. When we started going, it was just my brother and I. We eventually ended up being a group of a good 20 people!
As for cheerleaders... if you love your team, you don't need anybody to cheer it! They are just part of a show, but for me they are not supporters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 09:33 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,580,229 times
I love football. The cheerleaders don't bother me. Heck, let the guys have a little bit of visual fun. Men are visual, ya know. Of course we don't go to the games any more. Just stay home and watch on TV. So maybe I'm missing something here. I bet the girls are having fun and in reality it can't last too long for them anyway. Who would want to see an old lady out there making a fool of herself???

But getting back to the 'Peeve', nope, they really are not necessary. Just a little added 'attraction' or distraction, however you feel.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:02 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,877,356 times
If cheerleaders are taken out of football, men like myself will take our shirts off, dress up in skimpy outfits, and we'll stand on the sidelines to cheer for the home team...

There! Now you might reconsider your position on taking cheerleaders out of football!

Old 02-22-2010, 12:04 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,334,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Following yesterday's "sports" theme-

Cheerleaders in the NFL-are they really necessary?
Wow... Cheerleaders a peeve? Wow... I love it!!! I really don't have a problem with this so much. I think guys love it and it is BIG BLING... Now cheerleaders in the NBA - r totally useless. They're just the first-line gold-diggers who get the first crack at the players. I really tried to be peeved, I hope it showed

Old 02-22-2010, 01:12 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,309,153 times
My husband always grumbles about the "useless bimbos". And while he enjoys scantily-clad pretties as much as any man, for some reason cheerleaders have truly become a pet-peeve of his.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:39 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,748,072 times
Seems like the only ones that care about it is them.......you can never see them or hear them the crowds are so very loud.

Funny peeve as I was thinking after watching a game recently that these players are all so stuck on themselves and already think they are God do they really need any more cheering?

Old 02-22-2010, 01:42 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,377,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Get the men out there and have male cheerleaders! Why is it always a woman? No use for them lol...No purpose for cheerleaders!
Agreed---absolutely no purpose. You are there for one thing and one thing only--watching your team clobber the other team!!! I get much more pleasure watching controversial hits!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
If cheerleaders are taken out of football, men like myself will take our shirts off, dress up in skimpy outfits, and we'll stand on the sidelines to cheer for the home team...
Actually, I would get enjoyment out of watching that!!

Old 02-23-2010, 01:34 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,876,403 times
Cheerleaders?? These days they're probably better to watch than the teams!! I've no use for either these days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics