Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Ottawa-Gatineau
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 10:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill hummingbird View Post
... and could not relate to any other kids because of the pressure around tv and computers and toys
LOL. How did you end up there in the first place
Did you read anything about Waldorf before enrolling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 10:43 AM

3 posts, read 2,910 times
If you would like to learn about alternative schools in Ottawa such as ottawa private schools, montessori schools, special needs....etc. The Ottawa Private School Expo is a great opportunity. Meet with all the schools in one day, plus there are information sessions with expert speakers.

View a list of schools + speakers and schedule here: Ottawa Private school Expo

Last edited by ourkidsnet; 08-26-2014 at 11:30 AM..

Old 08-26-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Our Kids is a catalog of Canadian private schools, it is published once a year as a free magazine inside Globe and Mail.

Their website is www.ourkids.net; specifically Ottawa schools link is Ottawa Private Schools

I was researching special ed. schools and OurKids list only 2 in Ottawa; looking elsewhere on the internet I found that Ottawa has 4 more. This makes me think that OurKids is not as comprehensive as the glossy pages make you believe. But it is a good start, especially for those schools with solid reputation and not upstarts.
Hi Nuala! The number of schools we list depends on which schools decide to become our members and we are working with more special needs schools in Ottawa this year. We are also excited about our new Ottawa Private School Expo on November 9th, which is a good opportunity to come speak to many of the area schools in person and attend information seminars. Pre-registration admission is 50% off: Ottawa Private school Expo | Nov 2014 | Meet the best private schools and preschools | www.ourkids.net

Old 08-26-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Overall I think the schools are fine. I don't have time to look but the Fraser Institute or an organization calls OISE do rankings of schools in Ontario. If you google a bit you should be able to find something.
The Fraser Institute released its annual report for Ontario Elementary schools and High Schools for 2014 if you wish to read about them further here:

Fraser Institute 2014 Ontario Elementary School Rankings
Fraser Institute 2014 Ontario High School School Rankings

Old 06-04-2015, 05:23 AM

1 posts, read 635 times
I know this is an old post,but I'm wondering where you ended up? I'm in Orleans with two kids about to switch into a French alternative-style learning school in the public system. I have some information as well about an initiative you may be interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Ottawa-Gatineau