Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 09:28 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,801 times

Advertisements

Hello and greetings

Can someone please tell me the difference between, what are signs and wonder, and what is worshiping witchcraft, and what are the instruments of witchcraft? And if all of this is to pleases or to give pleasure or desire to the flesh!

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 10:24 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Can someone please tell me the difference between, what are signs and wonder, and what is worshiping witchcraft, and what are the instruments of witchcraft? And if all of this is to pleases or to give pleasure or desire to the flesh!
If you take into account the general rudiment or the general practise of the occult: it is by seeking another spirit to receive. Mediums do it by seeking contact with the dead: Wizards & voodoo priests do it by seeking after familiar spirits: American Indians do it by dancing and chanting for the Great Spirit to come: American Indians do it to conatct their animal spirit guide: all of this is by seeking another spirit to receive.

In Christianity, the simplicity of the Gospel has rendered the practise of seeking another spirit to receive vanity because all believers have received the Holy Spirit as promised for coming to and believing in Jesus Christ. Indeed, by seeking to receive the Holy Spirit again, they are departing from faith and giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.

There is only one hope of our calling as there is only one baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

There is only one drink of the One Spirit:

1 Corinthians 12:13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

So beware those that preach on receiving the Holy Spirit again.

2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2 Corinthians 13: 5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 Tiumothy 4:1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Old 10-10-2010, 10:58 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Moderator cut: edit I'm not a Wiccan but I know that Wiccan is a religion that some people follow who call themselves witches. I don't believe that it has anything to do with desire or pleasure of the flesh. I think it is more about getting in touch with our inner energy and the energy around us. But I'm no expert.
Here is the wikipedia page.
Wicca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by june 7th; 10-10-2010 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: Agreed

Old 10-10-2010, 12:44 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
[quote=Enow;16207986]If you take into account the general rudiment or the general practise of the occult: it is by seeking another spirit to receive. Mediums do it by seeking contact with the dead: Wizards & voodoo priests do it by seeking after familiar spirits: American Indians do it by dancing and chanting for the Great Spirit to come: American Indians do it to conatct their animal spirit guide: all of this is by seeking another spirit to receive.

In Christianity, the simplicity of the Gospel has rendered the practise of seeking another spirit to receive vanity because all believers have received the Holy Spirit as promised for coming to and believing in Jesus Christ. Indeed, by seeking to receive the Holy Spirit again, they are departing from faith and giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.

There is only one hope of our calling as there is only one baptism of the Holy Spirit.

This is a typical response from someone of the Christian faith who knows absolutely nothing of native cultures and beliefs, no disrespect but this is what you were taught by Christianity and it is completely wrong. Before making comments or assumptions about beliefs other than your own, educate yourself or say nothing at all and that way you won't show your ignorance to the rest of us.

Wicca or witchcraft, if that's what you want to call it, is getting in touch with the inner self, the natural energies of nature and the energies within yourself and to have them come together as one within yourself, it centers all of those energies within you and brings you to a place of calmness and peace. There is nothing malevolent or self-centered about Wicca, it is being at one with the natural universe and doing no harm to others.

Last edited by ptsum; 10-10-2010 at 12:53 PM..

Old 10-10-2010, 02:51 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
This is a typical response from someone of the Christian faith who knows absolutely nothing of native cultures and beliefs, no disrespect but this is what you were taught by Christianity and it is completely wrong. Before making comments or assumptions about beliefs other than your own, educate yourself or say nothing at all and that way you won't show your ignorance to the rest of us.

Wicca or witchcraft, if that's what you want to call it, is getting in touch with the inner self, the natural energies of nature and the energies within yourself and to have them come together as one within yourself, it centers all of those energies within you and brings you to a place of calmness and peace. There is nothing malevolent or self-centered about Wicca, it is being at one with the natural universe and doing no harm to others.
The OP reference to "signs and wonders", and this thread being originally in the Christianity section is the reason why I had posted what I did.

And I have heard that mediums are considered witches.

Although you are well versed in Wicca dynamics, witchcraft and those being called witches are not limited to Wicca.

It is because of the reference to signs and wonders in relation to witchcraft when the thread was in the christianity section that I had replied the way that I did.

Old 10-10-2010, 03:01 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
The OP reference to "signs and wonders", and this thread being originally in the Christianity section is the reason why I had posted what I did.

And I have heard that mediums are considered witches.

Although you are well versed in Wicca dynamics, witchcraft and those being called witches are not limited to Wicca.

It is because of the reference to signs and wonders in relation to witchcraft when the thread was in the christianity section that I had replied the way that I did.
Don't want to seem disrespectful, but you sound like you were placating to the Christians with your response because it was in the Christianity Forum to begin with.....hmmmm, now why would you do that ? If I don't know anything about a particular subject, regardless of where it is being posted, rather than making an assumption I would ask a question to learn a little more about the subject, now I'm not a Wicca, I'm a Native American but my favorite niece, who is very close to me, is Wicca and has taken the time to tell me about it so that I may know more about the belief, that's how you learn.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:01 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Some Sign and Wonders are from The Lord Jesus and all sign and wonder must be discerned through Gifting of the Holy Spirit, .... But other strange fire and Hindu kundalini serpent demon spirit can move through people into convulsions, by yoga transcendental meditation ideas..... Other demon spirit called gnosis and occult and familar spirit demons can bring visions that can deceive New Coverts to Jesus Christ , where Jesus is reaping through HIS harvest, and these New converts must get more Word of God and water Baptised and Baptised in the Holy Spirit and cleaned more to rid them of these spirits that can bring confusion..... The defination of witchcraft on believer in Christianity is the rebellion against God and HIS Word and purpose.... for example when King Saul the Benjamite rebeled against the Word of God from the prophet Samuel, and Samuel called that witchcraft, another idea is unforgiveness is the same as murder and called the rebellion of witchcraft by Apostle Paul in the Word of God.....Jesus Spirit will bring redemption of all these spirit and sin through repenting and praying the Blood of Jesus over these people and entire churches... Pastors have the authority to clean their church with Jesus Blood prayers which is the will of God so Jesus can do other things in these churches

Old 10-10-2010, 06:46 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
........... American Indians do it by dancing and chanting for the Great Spirit to come: American Indians do it to conatct their animal spirit guide: all of this is by seeking another spirit to receive.
Surely one of the less insightful comments I have ever encountered. You really should speak ONLY to your own faith and try to avoid comments concerning other faiths. I really don't believe you have the knowledge to speak with authority on NDN (or any other) faiths or beliefs.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:06 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,146 times
I am a Wiccan and yes, I do practice witchcraft. I became dissatisfied with Christianity and wanted to find a faith that made more sense to me, I also wanted a more interactive faith. Maybe because I am part Native American, I've always had a great reverance for the natural world which is often demonized in Christianity. Witchcraft is so misunderstood and maligned when all it really is is like prayer mixed with ritual. I'm still fairly new to this path so I'm certaintly no expert and I'm sure there's others on here who are much more well versed.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:54 PM

430 posts, read 583,585 times
I have several Wiccan friends who have related to me the wildly creative and persistent comments they receive from outside observers, mostly nosy Christians who cannot contain their criticisms of this supposed demonic and evil heathen practice.

Those backwards, ill-informed folks seem to think there are perhaps baby sacrifices or human beheadings or live goat bakes or... well, you name it. These mostly reveal a huge misunderstanding of the basis for Wiccan and it's essential peaceful nature and intents. Intentional ignorance spawns a lot of humorous or very sad conclusions, mostly based in blind hatred.

Wicca indeed presents a huge focus on the natural world that pays homage to Mother Nature and her evolved beauty. however, since Wicca is not inherently anthropocentric (i.e.: human-focused, and relying on a super human to create and then control it all), why then, heck: it must be wrong, right? Oh, and evil.

That's too bad. It's such a peaceful and meditative practice!

Last edited by Shibumi; 10-10-2010 at 09:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism