Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 01:20 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,694,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, they are. Kids and adults are human. Recognizing that and respecting that is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from putting them on a pedestal.

I don't even know where you would get that idea from, TBH.
No, kids do not equal to adults. They never have, they never will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Its funny because I can tell EXACTLY who was put on a pedestal as a child at my work. And these are girls in their mid twenties.
I speak the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 01:22 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
How do you figure NoExcuses? What makes children so much less than adults?

Old 07-09-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Its funny because I can tell EXACTLY who was put on a pedestal as a child at my work. And these are girls in their mid twenties.

Really? I've seen this Holy Child syndrome more in the older, richer women who've waited til their 40s to bear children. Huh.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:24 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
Putting kids on pedestals does them no favors. They grow up arrogant, narcissistic and boorishly unbearable to be around. Kids are NOT equal to adults.
There we go. Those are the feelings I was referring to.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:34 PM

I think it's disingenious at best and downright ignorant at worst to say that kids turn out X because we disagree with a parenting philosophy. Quite frankly, there are kids that are bad and good from EVERY type of family imaginable.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:35 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,694,020 times
Quote:
But WHY should my kids, who were there first, have to listen to a total stranger? Because she is an adult? Sorry, that old fashioned thing doesn't fly with me.

Actually, since my children would be acting in an age appropriate manner in an acceptable place, the OP would be picking the fight, not the kids. Big NO.
Quote:
How do you figure NoExcuses? What makes children so much less than adults?
You answer your own question. Children are children, adults are adults. If we are all the same, we would call everybody adults.

If your children equalled adults, their AGE APPROPRIATE MANNER would be as that of an adult.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:35 PM

9 posts, read 10,730 times
New Flash - Children will act like children. It is not unusual for kids to try to have fun. A suggestion would be to be more tolerant. By and large, kids today behave as well, or as badly, as kids always have behaved.

Absentee "parents" think lame excuses are an acceptable substitute for parenting.

If you allow your kid to grow up believing he has the perfect right to make himself a nuisance to strangers, one day your kid is going to run into the wrong kind of person, inflict this snotty attitude-- and your kid will end up in jail, hospital or morgue. And it will be nobody's fault but yours.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
You answer your own question. Children are children, adults are adults. If we are all the same, we would call everybody adults.

If your children equalled adults, their AGE APPROPRIATE MANNER would be as that of an adult.

Different doesn't mean unequal.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoneo View Post
New Flash - Children will act like children. It is not unusual for kids to try to have fun. A suggestion would be to be more tolerant. By and large, kids today behave as well, or as badly, as kids always have behaved.

Absentee "parents" think lame excuses are an acceptable substitute for parenting.

If you allow your kid to grow up believing he has the perfect right to make himself a nuisance to strangers, one day your kid is going to run into the wrong kind of person, inflict this snotty attitude-- and your kid will end up in jail, hospital or morgue. And it will be nobody's fault but yours.
Yet it's ok for a grown adult to believe they have the perfect right to tell perfect strangers what to do.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:40 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,905 times
Quote:
Different doesn't mean unequal.
In this case it means that the child has no business picking a fight with the OP over a couple of words. It does not empower the child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting