Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 10:36 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,086,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yeah, that's true, they are all in San Bernadino. My mistake.
Also, I'd be less worried with Riverside and more worried about Hemet and Moreno Valley. Those cities have gotten pretty bad. Hemet in particular was extremely bad last year at least. However, I don't know if it is covered by sheriffs or city police.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:43 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I could go to police academy this August as planned...I have like idk 3-4 more weeks before I have health insurance, find a doctor who takes it, get my physical done and send in my application with my physical done.

During that time I am going to look for another full time job and make sure I am employed somewhere better atleast 3 months before police academy.

In the mean time I'll deal with my stress in ways that make me feel less stressed.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:36 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,643 times
Txt you are quite possibly the most immature 21 year old I have ever witnessed. You are now mad at your Mom for not paying for soccer for you???? Sweet Jesus. You have less than zero business becoming a cop. Seriously.

Might I suggest searching for a full time job at Gymboree or Chuck E Cheese? I think you will find the conversation stimulating and right up your alley.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:10 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I don't like credit cards. If I don't have the money why the hell should I be spending it....
No, I don't like looking at stuff and thinking I hate that I can't buy that or look at my dirty ass socks and think gawd damn I need new ones but not able to buy them, but hey i'll wait for my next paycheck and see if I can manage it....
No you don't, you call Grandma and say "oh yeah life is swell - would be better if I had a car, but no it's great.." and heave that granddaughter sigh you KNOW will manipulate grandma into feeling sorry for you..and voila - you have something you need and didn't have to pay for it!

Quote:
Yeah they have student credit cards, I'm not a student, usually there are good grade requirements. I know I can't do that.
You know so little about personal finances and anything else related to "being a responsible adult" that you should be locked away in boarding school and not let out til you're 35.

Quote:
You're comparing credit cards to a gun???
Because there totally comparable right???
Ya know....guns...credit cards....yeah I see the correlation.....
Yes; they both require some amount of personal responsibility. The gun requiring MORE responsibility than the credit card. If you lack the self-restraint to handle a credit card, then you have no business anywhere near a firearm.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:56 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Another cold and overcast day here. I went to work for a few hours yesterday, then came home, wrapped up in a blanket, turned the fireplace on (LOL) and did nothing but read all day and into the night. I did take a break to fix dinner for DS and DH. I finished the book though...So good....The Help...I've been meaning to read it but just now got around to it. Anyway, got so into it that I never did clean up the kitchen after dinner . I'll have to do that before I leave for work this morning. There isn't much since I tend to clean as I go but still. DH or DS often will do it but for some reason none of us did it last night...just one of those days I guess.

Txt....I don't even know what to say to your posts anymore. Honestly. How you continually find someone else to blame for all your problems and refuse to take any responsibility for yourself. I have no idea how one can be 21 years old and not get the connection between your life and the choices you make for yourself but...apparently you don't. Once you do, then your life will start changing. Until then, it will most likely stay status quo. But again, that is your choice.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:08 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
I don't enjoy starting the day by cleaning the kitchen from last nights dinner, but it happens. Everyone has the blahs in our house too. I think we need spring. We had a teaser last week with temps in the high 70's, but it's been cold since then. It's encouraging to see all the plants blooming, so it won't be long before things warm up.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:13 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
My goodness you ladies were cookin' with gas last night. Reps to each of you brave enough to try and talk some sense into her. I've retired from that particular battle. It's a shame and a pity she won't listen because y'all are wonderful, smart women with a heck of a lot of common sense.

DS called last night all excited about the new job. They gave him a brand new laptop but he seemed to be more excited about the Swiss Army back pack it came in. And the free snacks and coffee in the break room. And the fact that the new boss took his whole group out to lunch to get everybody introduced. Knowing him he sat up all night reading the tech manuals and learning the new computer and operating system. Yeah, I'm proud.

Hope everyone has a very nice day!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:13 AM

Yeah Zimbo...I usually get it cleaned up after dinner but every now and then it just doesn't get done. I think the problem was, was that before dinner I was reading downstairs, then when everyone came home and after dinner, I moved upstairs because they were watching TV. Plus, I had eaten a snack earlier and wasn't really hungry for dinner so I didn't eat. Once I went upstairs, I just totally got reabsorbed in reading and totally forgot. Eh...life will go on....

Old 03-08-2011, 08:14 AM

Dew - meant to say congrats to DS on his new job - how exciting! Good for him!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:16 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Thanks, MM. Sounds like The Help lives up to it's hype. (And best seller listing.) I've been looking for books to put on my Kindle. Think I'm going to go with it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting