Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 05:24 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,729,361 times

Advertisements

Me too! ^^^...well, with the exception of this...You need to leave these people alone, or you could be facing charges. Remember what I said about "harrassing messages being saved on an answering machine, to be used against you later"? Yes, OP, that could be you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 07:19 PM

2,719 posts, read 5,361,017 times
I believe the OP also posted here asking for advice on getting the children-- in whose home he will be a guest-- to obey his rules and what have you once he moves in.

Edited: I was close. https://www.city-data.com/forum/paren...in-moving.html

Old 01-01-2011, 07:30 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhammerman2003 View Post
In my case the urgency is that I need to know last minute answers to questions in regards to terms and agreements as the person who I've been trying to get in communication with is the only one that can answer those questions.

What I want them to resolve is the fact that their son should have picked up the first time and told me what I wanted to hear but inside he was being a little $%& and being rude to that person.

Do you call it harassment when the person that you are trying to reach is also someone that you are moving in with in a week and you needed answers as you are leaving in a few days and if you don't get those answers then you can't leave or find out half-way you are there that they changed their mind and don't want you to stay either?
Quite frankly your posts show that you have the problem with manners. Seriously scary that you cannot see your calling pattern as harrassing and selfish. Project much or do you simply not play well with others unless you get your way, when you want it and how you want it?

Old 01-02-2011, 12:06 AM

235 posts, read 465,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
I couldn't figure out why I had this poster on 'ignore' until I got to this post. Now I remember. Talk about a brick wall! 5 pages and people are actually responding.

The cousin (not uncle) and his wife told him MONTHS AGO that he is not welcome and cannot move in with them and should make other arrangements. In addition to the ridiculous excuse above as to why he feels the cousin should take him in, this poster has also stated that because his cousin is now taking care of the poster's father, he is also obligated to support HIM. His mother told him to leave them alone, his aunt told him so too.

I hope the cousin has contacted the authorities in anticipation of the OP's attempt to barge into their home.

Thanks Kobber for the post and the reminder of what is REALLY going on here!
Barge nope not when I'm paying rent.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:14 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,874,686 times
Email works for me.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:05 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,357,106 times
DH and I still screen our calls through the answering machine. Our friends/relatives know this, and they identify themselves right away when they call, knowing that if we are home we'll pick up. If it is a telemarketer, solicitation call, (or, sometimes, a bill collector), we don't answer. If they don't identify themselves, either, we don't answer. 75 percent of our calls turn out to be unidentified "hang ups".

Old 01-02-2011, 06:02 AM

1,279 posts, read 4,773,022 times
Agree with the others that your behaviour in calling so often was out of line. Honestly, if I was 7, it would probably have scared me. I read your last thread- about moving in with the cousin- and in the rules you posted you were given, it clearly states that you are not to interfer ( 2) Don't smother the kids ... 4) What we say goes. If the kids ask us and we say "no" then it's a "no" if they say "yes" then it's a "yes".)l you are already breaking these rules and you haven;t even moved in yet!

One thing came to mind though... do you mind sharing what your cultural/ racial background is? Ie are you originally from a different country, even a generation or two back? Reading over these two threads, I just have a feeling you don't "get" American/ Western culture about parenting and social conventions.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:29 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times
whatever his culture, he just doesn't "get" anything, especially what we are trying to tell him.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:29 AM

235 posts, read 465,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_ie View Post
Agree with the others that your behaviour in calling so often was out of line. Honestly, if I was 7, it would probably have scared me. I read your last thread- about moving in with the cousin- and in the rules you posted you were given, it clearly states that you are not to interfer ( 2) Don't smother the kids ... 4) What we say goes. If the kids ask us and we say "no" then it's a "no" if they say "yes" then it's a "yes".)l you are already breaking these rules and you haven;t even moved in yet!

One thing came to mind though... do you mind sharing what your cultural/ racial background is? Ie are you originally from a different country, even a generation or two back? Reading over these two threads, I just have a feeling you don't "get" American/ Western culture about parenting and social conventions.
My cultural background is Polish/American and I'm white. I'm from the Generation Y era. And how am I already breaking the rules when we haven't signed anything yet? I'm still waiting on a phone call and if I don't hear back from them then I will unpack my things. Keep in mind my cousin's wife said yes.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:35 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhammerman2003 View Post
Keep in mind my cousin's wife said yes.
And you need to keep in mind that she has every right to change her mind. Which it sounds like she's done. I'm sorry, but just reading how you come across on here to us....I wouldn't want you living with me. You might want to evaluate how you come across to people. It's possible it's affecting you being able to find a job as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting