Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:40 AM

73 posts, read 284,005 times

Advertisements

My son don't sit well with the type of chair we adult usually sit. I think the chair is a bit of too low for him. I am thinking of buying an new one for him.

I wonder if anyone knows an nice place to buy a kid's chair? He is 6 years old. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 11:42 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Are you talking about your regular dining room or kitchen table? Or do you want a child's chair and table he can write, draw, etc. at? My grandchildren have an inexpensive folding table with child size chairs - they are 7 and 8

Old 01-04-2011, 11:59 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,232,303 times
When I taught preschool, I bought a nice little table and 2 chair set at Target to put a computer on for the children.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:01 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,943,381 times
My grandmother had a similar chair to this when we were kids. We all used to love to sit in it at the "grown ups" table

Cosco Retro Chair with Step Stool - Black : Target

Old 01-04-2011, 12:02 PM

1,173 posts, read 4,753,560 times
If you want your son to sit at the dining room table but he's a little short I would suggest a booster or if he's already "too cool" for one then maybe a couple of seat cushions stacked on top of each would do the trick. You can buy those at Bed Bath and Beyond or similar stores.

If what you are looking for is more of a personal table for him that is child height then you can look in toy stores, Ikea, craft stores or even craigslist. On craigslist you can probably find a child table or even a coffee table that would work. My son's playroom table is an old coffee table we inherited when we bought our house, I really like it because it's bigger (not higher) than most children's tables so there is enough room for 6 seats.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Has the OP checked Craigslist under the children's section? Lots of folks get rid of their baby, children and youth furniture there. You might ieven post under "want to buy" and describe what you are seeking.

Have you done an online search? Even Costco has quite a selection of youth furniture. http://www.costco.com/Common/Categor...whse=BC&topnav=

You have your location as Chicago and there are a number of Costco stores in the Chicago area. Hope that helps!

Old 01-04-2011, 12:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
My grandmother had a similar chair to this when we were kids. We all used to love to sit in it at the "grown ups" table

Cosco Retro Chair with Step Stool - Black : Target
Growing up every house on my block had one of those. We used it for sitting, climbing up to reach the top shelf. 1,000 uses.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:14 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Growing up every house on my block had one of those. We used it for sitting, climbing up to reach the top shelf. 1,000 uses.
OMG I remember those things! My babysitter had one.

Something like this?
Euro II Grow With Me Chair - One Step Ahead Baby

ETA some kids just will not sit still in any chair. My year old is like this.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:04 PM

73 posts, read 284,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icibiu View Post
If you want your son to sit at the dining room table but he's a little short I would suggest a booster or if he's already "too cool" for one then maybe a couple of seat cushions stacked on top of each would do the trick. You can buy those at Bed Bath and Beyond or similar stores.

If what you are looking for is more of a personal table for him that is child height then you can look in toy stores, Ikea, craft stores or even craigslist. On craigslist you can probably find a child table or even a coffee table that would work. My son's playroom table is an old coffee table we inherited when we bought our house, I really like it because it's bigger (not higher) than most children's tables so there is enough room for 6 seats.
Thank you guys for all your input! I am looking for the chair surrounding dinning table. I guess icibiu's idea of using cushion might work. By doing this way, I don't need to continue to buy chairs for him while he grow up every 3 months.

Happy New Year!

Old 01-04-2011, 01:47 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
OMG I remember those things! My babysitter had one.

Something like this?
Euro II Grow With Me Chair - One Step Ahead Baby

ETA some kids just will not sit still in any chair. My year old is like this.
oops. I meant my 7 year old can't sit still at the dinner table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting