Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 12:12 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
There's parental control software you can purchase that allow you to do this. I'm not aware of anything through Facebook itself that allows you to. Parental control software has really come a long way, there's all kinds of tools for parents now that we didn't even have 3 or 5 years ago. Norton is a good brand that we've used.

Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 12:44 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Exactly. And then there are the families who have gotten themselves into a situation where both mom and dad must work to afford their lifestyle/mortgage/debt/bills/two car payments/name brands lifestyle/etc.
In a situation where both parents are working to keep up the appearence of wealth, wealth does not exist. Debt exists in that situation. Also sure many of those that have it use it to spend their time doing things away from the kids. I am on a board myself so I know the possibility is there to use your time for things that are not conductive to a wholesome family life. Still my point is that those that are strugling have to spend more time away making ends meet than those that have money.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:58 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Well good thing my facebook is locked down tighter than a prison after riot.
And any of my pictures that may or may not be used in a bad way wouldn't be ON my facebook, they'd probably be on some trashy website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to monitor the instant messaging on Facebook ?
If you feel the need to monitor that deeply either you have some serious trust issues when it comes to your kids or they obviously don't need facebook if you have to do that.

Watching what kind of pictures your kids post and watching who they add is one thing but to read what they talk about or look for bad language IMO is OTT.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:20 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,488,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to monitor the instant messaging on Facebook ?
Check this site out - it gives instructions for logging and clearing facebook chat history.

Facebook Chat History -- How to Log Facebook Chat History
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting