Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 01:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Hot damn, the actor who plays Thor, Chris Hemsworth, is incredibly easy on the eye!
Maybe I need to take in a matinee!

Old 07-14-2011, 01:30 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
We actually never watched Fringe - can't get away from Joshua Jackson as Pacey from Dawson's Creek - kinda ruined it for me
That's funny - I never watched Dawson Creek - so I had no clue!

So I finally got the swamp mowed - just in the nick of time as it's thundering and getting ready to rain. Once again they have blown the forecast since today we were to start drying out the the storms wouldn't start until later! Instead, they are starting earlier.

This humidity is midwest humidity!

It took me an hour and much cursing to get the mower started. I hate that thing. I guess I finally wiggled something correctly. Why is it that the person who does the least mowing (aka DH) insist that it was a certain type of mower, engine, etc.?

Right now I'm in one of those moods where everyone better stay out of my way - even the dog.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:05 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post

Right now I'm in one of those moods where everyone better stay out of my way - even the dog.
Uh oh.... coop on the loose!

Put on your loudest Marilyn Manson, coop, and bang it out. Works wonders for moi.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Why is it that the person who does the least mowing (aka DH) insist that it was a certain type of mower, engine, etc.?

Sorry, Coop. I know exactly how that goes. Every man I know does this.

"You need this one."

Never mind that it's too big/loud/ugly/expensive/uncomfortable/hard-to-use/has a big stripe down the side that screams "I have testosterone!!"

Old 07-14-2011, 03:28 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Put on your loudest Marilyn Manson, coop, and bang it out. Works wonders for moi.
I was going to go with a Smashing Pumpkins or Black Sabbath rec, but MM could work too.

Feel better coop (and run and hide, dog of coop!!)

Old 07-14-2011, 03:34 PM

711 posts, read 1,512,056 times
There is nothing better than kicking puppies and breaking rabbitt paws when i,m angry.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:40 PM

Somebody doesn't get a cookie.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:53 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
I was going to go with a Smashing Pumpkins or Black Sabbath rec, but MM could work too.
Actually, my absolute favorite is March Of The Pigs, NIN.

I have a Billy Corgan story. A friend and I were in NY, and we had arranged to meet a guy friend of ours in a bar. This guy friend was really tall, and bald. So we get to the establishment, and it's really dark. I see my friend at the bar, and go running over and give him a thump on the back and a big bear hug, and say something (I forget what, exactly but probably something very inappropriate).

You all know where this is headed. The guy turns around, all PO'd, and it wasn't my friend, of course, it was Billy Corgan. And he wasn't happy. And if you've ever gone up to a rock star and said "oh I'm really sorry, I thought you were someone else" ... well you know they think you're just full of it.

I never did like him. Dude has no sense of humor.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I just took the kids to see Thor. Hot damn, the actor who plays Thor, Chris Hemsworth, is incredibly easy on the eye!

Old 07-14-2011, 04:15 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

You know me so well! Slipknot works wonders too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Sorry, Coop. I know exactly how that goes. Every man I know does this.

"You need this one."

Never mind that it's too big/loud/ugly/expensive/uncomfortable/hard-to-use/has a big stripe down the side that screams "I have testosterone!!"
What's up with that!? The worst is the stupid weed whacker. We had one that I could operate - but it was corded. The few times he used it, he had had it. Got rid of it and insisted on getting a big gas one. Not only is it too big for me to use, but it's hard to start.

So hard to start that now he can't get it started. The yard is in desperate need of trimming. But he certainly won't admit it was a bad choice!

And the dog - on my last nerve. She will not stay out of my landscaping. She is a smart breed, but is not getting this. And she's digging. We even have a spot for her to do her own digging - but she uses other places.

On a good note though - the pumpkin plants that we did not plant but came up from seed thrown in the pile, are getting quite large. I think I watered them once. If I had tried to plant these the way they are planted they would never have survived. It will be funny if we end up getting a pumpkin or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting