Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 05:35 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
As for angry music, love it. Most of my favorite angry songs are not sung in English, such as anything by Rammstein, and lots of African stuff. MM - The Beautiful People is also good for me when I am pissed.
Glad I'm not the only one. When I'm really in a mood or things are just not good (like when DH was unemployed), headphones on, very angry music and a long walk. I wish I had friends that could stand what I listened to. My husband and son are about it. We never have anyone that wants to go to concerts with us.....

Old 07-14-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
One was broken but he thought repairing it would be a good rainy day project.
There are rattan chairs in the basement that have holes in them. I mentioned throwing them out because they are really in the way. Oh no! The frame is perfectly good and he wants to redo them.

Me smarting off and mumbling under my breath, "yeah, what, in 15 years?" didn't help the situation.

They are still in the basement closet.....

Old 07-14-2011, 05:58 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Ewww, Billy Corgan does indeed sound like a douche.

As for angry music, love it. Most of my favorite angry songs are not sung in English, such as anything by Rammstein, and lots of African stuff. MM - The Beautiful People is also good for me when I am pissed.

I vowed I wouldn't do it, but have spent the last 2 afternoons at the pool tiring out the spawn. Seems to be working.
Rammstein . You are hardcore, my dear.

Beautiful People is great. I really like Lunchbox. Good stuff for anyone who has a kid getting bullied at school.

Just a note re MM - their keyboard player, Pogo, was profoundly autistic (I'm thinking that's what it was, although it wasn't so commonly known about then), and a musical genius. Anyone messed with him, or made fun of him, while the rest of the band was around, they ended up in deep poo. They had endless patience and respect for him. It was really heartwarming.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:14 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Good evening all!

DS's pictures are done. The proofs should be available online in 24 hours - that should be fun.

Our garage really needs cleaning out. I need to wait for perfect weather and no one to be home. Then I can pitch, clean and organize. If anyone else "cleans" the garage it pretty much means they move crap around and sweep the middle OR they throw everything away without looking at it or asking what it is or if there's a reason we have it.....and sweep the middle.

Ever had one of those weeks were you're mentally a day off? Very annoying. I need this weekend to hopefully recalibrate.

Hope your day improved jk....

5 weedwackers? Got an extra edger anywhere? We have a perfectly good one. Well, perfectly good except neither Lowe's nor HD carry the replacement blade for it anymore.....I think I can order it online...and pay as much in shipping as the piece costs...I hate that.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:24 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
My husband and son are about it. We never have anyone that wants to go to concerts with us.....
DH and the kids are very long-suffering with my bizarre music tastes. There's only one band that they all absolutely object to me listening to when they are around. You, me and Fin will have to check out a Rammstein concert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Just a note re MM - their keyboard player, Pogo, was profoundly autistic (I'm thinking that's what it was, although it wasn't so commonly known about then), and a musical genius. Anyone messed with him, or made fun of him, while the rest of the band was around, they ended up in deep poo. They had endless patience and respect for him. It was really heartwarming.
That's great. I have heard many on the Autism Spectrum have a great affinity for music.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:28 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
I listen to stuff like Blink-182 or 3OH!3 when I am angry.
Anything loud and fast and hard, I wish I knew where my iPod was at right now because I really wanna listen to it.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:32 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Nvm, found it. Its almost dead though.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Awwww....I wish I had a famous person story to tell

Sadly, my life is pretty boring.

Perhaps I have had brushes with famous people and just never recognized them.
My problem is I'm way too paranoid to tell my really good stories. So I stick to the people who are past their prime. (And, consequently, no one today has heard of.)

One "bumping into" story: Once, when I was stuck in traffic on the 405, I looked over and there in a Benz convertible was Bill Cosby. Looking just like himself. He was smoking a cigar too. I'm sensing a pattern.

I've decided I don't have any angry music. Maybe a little Beethoven's 5th?

Old 07-14-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Rammstein . You are hardcore, my dear.

Beautiful People is great. I really like Lunchbox. Good stuff for anyone who has a kid getting bullied at school.

They play some Rammstein on our radio station here.

Lunchbox is a great song. I always picture one of those metal lunchboxes like they had when I was a kid. He has a lot to say in his music.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:07 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
We haven't had any music in a while, so for the CD Mamma's here's something from "Big Mama".

‪Big Mama Thornton - Rock me (Oregon 1971)‬‏ - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting