Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 09:01 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times

Advertisements

IME, gardeners love to talk to other gardeners about their gardens. Whenever I see someone outside working in a great garden, I'll stop my car and compliment them on how pretty their garden looks. (I've seen some amazing gardens this way!) We usually gab for a few minutes. If they're dividing when I stop, they usually give me something. A few times we exchanged phone numbers and made arrangements to trade in the fall when we divided. Aside from neighbors and friends, most of the people I share with are parents of my children's friends. For example, I traded with TK's mother for years. If gardeners are that limited in your region (sounds like it's hard to grow things), maybe a garden club would be a great idea for you. Hey, maybe our other CD coloradoans garden too! All it takes it arranging a dividing weekend and having a meetup to trade!

Old 06-28-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Hopes- You are right about Cindi having fun on your dime. Hopefully TK will do what he is suppose to do?
We'll see soon enough. Cindi is coming home in an hour, away at the girlfriend's since Friday while we were out of town.

It will be interesting to hear if he started trying to make arrangements for a place to live at the end of the Summer.

He wants to get an apartment with his girlfriend. Should be interesting to see if the girlfriend is on the same page regarding their relationship.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:12 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
We'll see soon enough. Cindi is coming home in an hour, away at the girlfriend's since Friday while we were out of town.

It will be interesting to hear if he started trying to make arrangements for a place to live at the end of the Summer.

He wants to get an apartment with his girlfriend. Should be interesting to see if the girlfriend is on the same page regarding their relationship.

Oh boy! That will be interesting. Keep us posted.

Lord I am having a stressful week.

First I had to change ob/gyn's for the third time.

Then my FIL calls and wants us to come back to the UK for a year regarding the family business and Mr. X is considering it.

Which would make me six months pregnant if we do decide to go.

The plus side--I do not have to worry about the health insurance problems.

The down side---moving while pregnant....

Old 06-28-2011, 09:29 AM

I didn't know you were pregnant. How far along are you now?

Old 06-28-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
I didn't know you were pregnant. How far along are you now?
7 weeks pregnant...This pregnancy has me stressed. When it should be a happy time it seems like everything is going haywire.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:36 AM

Congratulations!

My advice is to just purging junk now. Even if you don't end up moving, you'll feel so much better to have your house decluttered.

I was always stressed during my first trimester. I was the calmest during my last trimester. Hang in there.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Congratulations!

My advice is to just purging junk now. Even if you don't end up moving, you'll feel so much better to have your house decluttered.

I was always stressed during my first trimester. I was the calmest during my last trimester. Hang in there.
Thank you! We have a lot of paper work for some reason that needs to be shredded.

It just a crazy year in the X household.

I am in the process of finishing my romance novel, I have to do the last few chapters and start editing so I can get it ready for publishing.

Then this pregnancy which was quite unexpected is causing more problems health insurance wise than anything else. I have my first doctors visit and they still won't tell me how much it is going to cost and most doctors want money upfront for the c-section regardless of insurance.

Now FIL is begging for help business wise because it has seems to expanded overnight and he is getting too old for it. It is Mr. X inheritance along with his two other siblings but they do not want any part of it unless it was sold. I told Mr. X while it would be good to go back just for the birth alone, dealing with the business is going to take a lot out of us.

In the past three years we moved so many times from the UK--NY--TX and now the possibilty of going back to the UK again.

I told Mr. X I am on the verge of moving to Australia without him and staying put! I feel like a nomad!

Old 06-28-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Then this pregnancy which was quite unexpected is causing more problems health insurance wise than anything else. I have my first doctors visit and they still won't tell me how much it is going to cost and most doctors want money upfront for the c-section regardless of insurance.
I have never heard of doctors requiring payment up front for a c-section from patients who have health insurance.

Do you have health insurance? Did you know that you can go buy health insurance now even with a pre-existing condition? The rates might be high, but it will be cheaper than paying for the full pregnancy and delivery out of pocket.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:55 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
OK - got about 1/2way done with weeding...it's 85 already and I'm done for a bit. I think we're going to catch a movie this afternoon being as we're technically still on vacation.....DH and DS have been wanting to see The Green Lantern. Also just found out we got our 2 night hotel stay comped so maybe we'll splurge and get popcorn. We noticed that the room had a bit of an odor but we also noticed a wet spot on the carpet and the room looked otherwise clean and was a hotel chain that we're familiar with and have had good experiences with in the past. We figured someone earlier had spilled something and the wet spot was just because the carpet had to be shampooed and the odor was the result of the wet part of the carpet. We had a lot going on in a short period and really didn't spend that much time in the room to complain - besides, the hotel was full and we knew there was an entire high school softball team staying on another floor....The smell didn't go away though and as we were checking out DS pulled the pullout sofa away from the wall to make sure nothing had fallen back there and there were no chargers of any kind left plugged in...and there were a bunch of old newspapers that were wet and covered with mold. DS said he also saw some bugs. Of course it's taken us 2 days to get a manager to return our call (and a call to corporate HQ)....but we were assured that the situation has been resolved, there were no bedbugs (we took precautions anyway), and our CC will be credited the full amount of our stay.....

Old 06-28-2011, 11:56 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
MrsX - here's hoping for a less stressful pregnancy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.