Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2011, 03:18 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times

Advertisements

thanks everybody. I think it is pretty normal mid-life stuff. He spends too much time thinking about work, and not enough thinking about me and the kids. I'm sure I'm not fully without fault, but from my side, he's tuned out, and needs to tune back in.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
thanks everybody. I think it is pretty normal mid-life stuff. He spends too much time thinking about work, and not enough thinking about me and the kids.
If it makes you feel any better this is really, really, really, really normal. Last night I tried to get all cozy with DH and watch a movie. Since it's his business he started complaing about the lousy green screen work. Then he got up and sent an email to someone he works with about a current project which I'm assuming involves green screens.

Mood killer. Happens all the time. One reason I like to watch movies all by myself. I know he's going to critique the camera work. Or the lighting. Or the sound.

So, I totally understand rkb. Totally. One more thing: Men are wired to think about PROVIDING for their families. If he's thinking about work he's probably also worrying about doing his job well and bringing in the paycheck to provide for you and the kids. Make sense?

Old 06-28-2011, 04:07 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Families and finances....big stressors.....

Just got back from seeing The Green Lantern. I wouldn't recommend it. Not horrible horrible but certainly nothing special....and of course, during the movie, DH had to leave to take a phone call (phone vibrated). From work. Even though he's still technically on vacation.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:08 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
thanks everybody. I think it is pretty normal mid-life stuff. He spends too much time thinking about work, and not enough thinking about me and the kids. I'm sure I'm not fully without fault, but from my side, he's tuned out, and needs to tune back in.
Oh I feel you RKB0305...

Six months ago Mr. X was working for a company making excellent money but the company itself was really really crap. He would come home every day complaining about work, thinking about work, talking about work in his sleep. He never put aside any time or effort with me and Toddler X without mentioning work. It became increasingly frustrating and lead to plenty of fights. Not only that but he was juggling both his own business and work with this company. He had too many fingers in the pie instead of focusing on one specific thing. He dissolved his company and found another company to work for.

Mr. X happy and less talk about work. He makes more time with me and Toddler X and we make do with what we have. He has now tuned back in and focusing on rebuilding a new business with less stress and working in his new company.

I know it is not the same circumstance but you both have to discuss that you can only discuss work for xyz amount of time and that is it, do not bring work to the dinner table and do not discuss work when you are about to do the Boom Chick Wa Wa...life is too short to be all about work.

I wish you all the best! Tons of hugs!

Dew--- have you ever asked him lets do it in front of a green screen so we can record it and look like we are doing it in midair?

Old 06-28-2011, 04:14 PM

Oh meant to mention - stopped at the grocery store on the way home and bought some Chobani yogurt since you all were speaking so highly of it....Yummy! I like the Fage too - which I have bought plain and added my own fresh fruit....I like the texture of the Greek yogurt much better. Definitely feels like more of a treat.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Dew--- have you ever asked him lets do it in front of a green screen so we can record it and look like we are doing it in midair?
What? You've never seen "Dew Does Superman"?

Old 06-28-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Oh I feel you RKB0305...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What? You've never seen "Dew Does Superman"?

Wondering how I missed this ..I'm obviously out of practice being online....

Macie's stomach is still on Central time. She thinks it's time to eat. Of course, when you're with family in the midwest, it's always time to eat. Gonna take a week or two to recover from this trip. Fish and salad for dinner tonight.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:33 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,232,303 times
I don't post here much, but just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your replies, thoughts and opinions here on the Parenting Thread. Alot of times, I just rep one of you because you responded to a post the way I would.

Also, I had a post deleted on the Three Meals a Day thread due to a personal attack. In all honesty, it was late, I was tired, and I can't even remember what I typed. I already apologized to Julia and just wanted to make sure I didn't offend anyone. Teach me to post past my bedtime.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I don't post here much, but just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your replies, thoughts and opinions here on the Parenting Thread. Alot of times, I just rep one of you because you responded to a post the way I would.

Also, I had a post deleted on the Three Meals a Day thread due to a personal attack. In all honesty, it was late, I was tired, and I can't even remember what I typed. I already apologized to Julia and just wanted to make sure I didn't offend anyone. Teach me to post past my bedtime.
Dang...I miss all the good stuff....

I'm sure we all understand that - and said things that sounded ok in our heads at the time....or came out in a way that really was not what was intended....I know I have.

Nice of you to stop in!

Old 06-28-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Not to worry. I get a little hot sometimes myself. There were times Mattie's thread nearly drove me over the edge. I think we've all been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting