Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 09:00 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times

Advertisements

Ooh...Greek chicken sounds really good....may have to think about that later this week....

Yeah, I'm leaning toward the pie. That cobbler was good but way way rich to have again so soon. Plus, I loooove rhubarb pie. And I'm a purist: hold the stawberries.

rkb - have fun at the soccer game. That is a really nice facility up there. We've only been for lacrosse tournaments but the pro field looks really nice.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:03 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Ah, mm: The CCR reminds me of a radio station I used to listen to on LI - every time we had rain, they'd play it.

Wow- lots of birthdays coming up! Good luck prepping and happy celebrating!

And all I have to say about these dinners is YUM!!

On an unrelated and completely whiny note, I was just struck by a wave of what I am assuming is hormone fluctuation but could also be insanity. I am not a big fan of feeling emotionally dyscontrolled and bursting into tears at the slightest provocation. Urg. Cranky mommy.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:06 AM

Oh ewag...that is no fun. At least there don't seem to be an overabundance of Hallmark and Kodak commercials at this point. LOL....those were always killers when I was in that state. I'm not a fan of feeling out of control either.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:08 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
On an unrelated and completely whiny note, I was just struck by a wave of what I am assuming is hormone fluctuation but could also be insanity. I am not a big fan of feeling emotionally dyscontrolled and bursting into tears at the slightest provocation. Urg. Cranky mommy.
((((((eweag)))))) This too shall pass. You're not insane.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Oh ewag...that is no fun. At least there don't seem to be an overabundance of Hallmark and Kodak commercials at this point. LOL....those were always killers when I was in that state. I'm not a fan of feeling out of control either.
Or the ASPCA/abused animals commercials! When I was pregnant with DS the one with the Sarah McLoughlin song was popular and I used to sob uncontrollably every time I saw it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
((((((eweag)))))) This too shall pass. You're not insane.

Thanks, Hopes! Ha - we should probably tell that to DH, poor guy!

Old 08-27-2011, 09:12 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,168 times
FR (I think it was you) when you bring in potted plants, especially before a storm, make sure you check them for snakes. I have heard of dozens of stories down here where people bring in their plants for a storm and later a poisonous snake slithers out. It is like they can feel the storm coming and take shelter in potted plants. Check the plants.

So, everyone wish me luck. I have decided to tackle DD's room today. She has a small room, but she has so much stuff that now we can't even put everything away. We now have paths from her door to her bed and dresser. I am going to take EVERYTHING out of her room including the furniture and start from scratch. Only approved items will go back in. Her toy box/bench alone should take me an hour. If you don't hear from me in a few days, send help because I may be trapped in a toy avalanche.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:17 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Thanks, Hopes! Ha - we should probably tell that to DH, poor guy!
Naw, he'll be fine. It will make him stronger. God made pregnant mothers crazy to prepare husbands for fatherhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
So, everyone wish me luck. I have decided to tackle DD's room today. She has a small room, but she has so much stuff that now we can't even put everything away. We now have paths from her door to her bed and dresser. I am going to take EVERYTHING out of her room including the furniture and start from scratch. Only approved items will go back in. Her toy box/bench alone should take me an hour. If you don't hear from me in a few days, send help because I may be trapped in a toy avalanche.
I remember those days! Good luck! We'll send out a search party if we don't hear from you!

Old 08-27-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Or the ASPCA/abused animals commercials! When I was pregnant with DS the one with the Sarah McLoughlin song was popular and I used to sob uncontrollably every time I saw it!

OMG. We change the channel here whenever one of those comes on....can't have those in our house.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:24 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Coop - sounds delish!

Kibbie - We are doing small sleep-over parties this year. DS's is going to be a nerf war. They divide into 2 teams, and when it gets dark, they go outside and try and shoot one another with nerf guns. Keeps them busy for hours.
that sounds fun!

Old 08-27-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
May the force be with you, num!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Naw, he'll be fine. It will make him stronger. God made pregnant mothers crazy to prepare husbands for fatherhood.
Ain't that the truth! No, he's really good with temporary insanity, I just feel marginally bad for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
OMG. We change the channel here whenever one of those comes on....can't have those in our house.
Us too - faster than I changed the channel when I heard Anne Hathaway trying to rap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting