Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 09:36 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times

Advertisements

oh I can't imagine leaving early! During The Fray the sound wasn't great but it improved. I have 2 complaints - they didn't play New Years Day. And they didn't do a real encore. We probably sat there for a full 5 minutes while the lights came on and they started taking instruments off the stage, refusing to believe it was over.

hey! I have 2 stars now!

Old 05-23-2011, 07:35 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
As for music, hmmm....I think I'm going to peg you as a metalhead, close?
lol! You got it.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:45 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Hey all! I tried to read through all the pages, but skimmed, so sorry if I missed something. We had a very lovely weekend - using the Social Living Deals and Groupons was great because we went to a couple of places we never would have.

We've decided we wish we could retire to a condo down on the Platte in downtown Denver. It's so wonderful down there. Denver really is a great city.

rkb - glad you had fun. Every where we went Saturday, we kept getting asked if we were going! So a lot of people were downtown Saturday for that concert. U2 is not my thing - and you all would probably freak out if I told you who were, so I'll decline! Anyway, DH saw a post on facebook that someone he knew left the concert early because the sound was so horrible, so it must have really mattered where you were.

We saw Bridemaids Saturday - omg. That is hilarious. And slightly disgusting.
Glad you had a fab time, coop.

Pssst, you can tell me who's your thing. I am positively unshockable in that dept.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:57 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Good Morning All!

My DD hates me right now. I know, it's just the beginning. She has been procrastinating with her ongoing reading assignments all year, and I have had to make sure she was up to date, sort out her books, etc. So the last one I decided to take a step back, and still remind and encourage her, but she just never did step up and take responsibility for it. So today most of her class are having a party to celebrate their success, and she and a few others didn't make the cut. Sucks to be her. The teacher knew what I was doing, and was on board. Tough love, rather she learn now.

By the way I had no idea that heroin was making such a big comeback. Apparently it's really rife right now in the south. Friends of ours have a college freshman daugher, a real over-achiever. She has always done well academically, a bit of a geek. Anyway they hadn't heard much from her for the last few months, she said she was busy studying. She got home last week, and has developed a nasty heroin habit. Very scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
lol! You got it.
At least it wasn't polka. I have pretty bizzaro music tastes myself, much more so than metal. The only music I would judge people for listening to is "rape rap" or "hate rap".

Last edited by Zimbochick; 05-23-2011 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: typo - I'm an idiot!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:02 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Morning all....

Zimbo - good for you - stick to your guns. And yes, it's only just starting (how old is she, I forget?)....DD hated me many a time over the years but it's all good now.

That is horrible about heroin....I cannot imagine.....

Old 05-23-2011, 08:09 AM

Whoa Zim, you've a lot on your plate this morning. Sounds like you did the right thing with DD.

I am the world's worst procrastinator, though. I think sometimes it's embedded in your personality, and you always have to stay on top of it. Took me a long time to learn that.

Yuk, heroin. Always knew I'd be a lost puppy if I went that route. My dad was a junkie, apparently, so I always had a healthy respect for the dangers of that one. Hopefully she'll find the way out. How sad for her and her family.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Zimbo - good for you - stick to your guns. And yes, it's only just starting (how old is she, I forget?)....DD hated me many a time over the years but it's all good now.
She's 8 going on 15!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:14 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
She's 8 going on 15!
The fun begins....

DD wasn't bad until about 15. But the years between 15 and 18/19 were not wonderful. My coworkers and I all have daughters. We all joke about it. I do feel bad for the one coworker whose olders daughter is just finishing Kindergarten. I think we scare her. Although, she sees the signs already. Mostly we joke about daughters judging their moms...."you're wearing....THAT?" kind of things. Daughters are a mixed blessing. They are wonderful but you earn it that's for sure.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Whoa Zim, you've a lot on your plate this morning. Sounds like you did the right thing with DD.

I am the world's worst procrastinator, though. I think sometimes it's embedded in your personality, and you always have to stay on top of it. Took me a long time to learn that.

Yuk, heroin. Always knew I'd be a lost puppy if I went that route. My dad was a junkie, apparently, so I always had a healthy respect for the dangers of that one. Hopefully she'll find the way out. How sad for her and her family.
I'm a bad procrastinator too, so I'm trying to be a better example for the kids, and nip it in the bud with them. It's so counterproductive.

Sorry to hear that about your Dad. Very tough.

Quote:
The fun begins....

DD wasn't bad until about 15. But the years between 15 and 18/19 were not wonderful. My coworkers and I all have daughters. We all joke about it. I do feel bad for the one coworker whose olders daughter is just finishing Kindergarten. I think we scare her. Although, she sees the signs already. Mostly we joke about daughters judging their moms...."you're wearing....THAT?" kind of things. Daughters are a mixed blessing. They are wonderful but you earn it that's for sure.
I have nieces that are 20 and 22, and it was a wild ride watching them grow up. One was fine, one had/has issues. I have learned a lot seeing them grow. I was a very naughty teen, I think karma may be in play here!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
The fun begins....

I have to admit, some of the things I read on this forum are pretty scary for a mom of a daughter. But I think being forewarned is forearmed, or whatever that saying says.

At least I'll have you lot to whine to, and gain the benefit of all your collective wisdom. Besides, Zim has to go through it first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.