Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 07:58 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times

Advertisements

Good Morning All! TGIF!

Woke up this morning to news that there is a young black bear roaming the neighborhood raiding bird feeders. Teenagers! I was leery of the news until a close neighbor posted a pic on FB of said bear standing on his deck! Our neighborhood is very wooded, and we have a lot of open spaces nearby. I hope he wanders off home before someone does something stupid.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:01 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Good Morning All! TGIF!

Woke up this morning to news that there is a young black bear roaming the neighborhood raiding bird feeders. Teenagers! I was leery of the news until a close neighbor posted a pic on FB of said bear standing on his deck! Our neighborhood is very wooded, and we have a lot of open spaces nearby. I hope he wanders off home before someone does something stupid.
Poor kid doesn't know what he is doing.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:05 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,029 times
ok. I think I may need to have a day of complete silence from me. So far, I have gotten my head bitten off by 6 people today because of miscommunication. Some was verbal and some was written. I am giving up and am switching to silent mode (which I am sure someone will mistake for me just being a b****). I am exhausted from fighting all morning. I just want to go home and crawl into bed.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:25 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
Getting on here in the morning reminds me of the Monty Python thing when all the fish are in the tank and swim around saying, "Morning!" to each other. From The Meaning of Life....

Found it on youtube (ignore subtitles!):

YouTube - ‪Monty Python's Fish Tank‬‏

Old 06-10-2011, 08:38 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Getting on here in the morning reminds me of the Monty Python thing when all the fish are in the tank and swim around saying, "Morning!" to each other. From The Meaning of Life....

Found it on youtube (ignore subtitles!):

YouTube - ‪Monty Python's Fish Tank‬‏

DH is in the dog house today. That doesn't happen very often.

It is too hard to explain why. Lack of communication, basically, that kept me awake, worrying for nothing.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:44 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Lack of communication is a typical guy thing that needs to be addressed by the dog house on occassion to keep them on their toes! Hope he comes to his senses soon, jbk!

Old 06-10-2011, 08:48 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Bears in the neighborhood = not good.

Sorry numnum and rkb. Hopefully things will get better.

Good morning to you
I've put on my shoes
I can't wait til 4 o'clock
When we can have some booze

(Best I've got before I've had my coffee.)

Old 06-10-2011, 08:48 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Lack of communication, basically, that kept me awake, worrying for nothing.
For some reason things magnify in the middle of the night as well. My mind can really take things to the extreme as I lay there and stew wide awake. You get up in the morning ready for bear - and it ends up being nothing....

Yes, I've been there!

Old 06-10-2011, 08:52 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Bears in the neighborhood = not good.

Sorry numnum and rkb. Hopefully things will get better.

Good morning to you
I've put on my shoes
I can't wait til 4 o'clock
When we can have some booze

(Best I've got before I've had my coffee.)
LOL - I'm running slow this morning. Really over work this week. Glad it's Friday - and I have a good reason to leave work early (A/C repair guy -even if it's butt-crack boy instead of hot god, I'll be happy to just not be at work). Plus DH and I are meeting friends for dinner out tonight....should be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
For some reason things magnify in the middle of the night as well. My mind can really take things to the extreme as I lay there and stew wide awake. You get up in the morning ready for bear - and it ends up being nothing....

Yes, I've been there!
OMG - this is the story of my life. Laying awake at night, worrying about one thing or another - that turns out to be fine once daylight hits. If anyone discovers a cure, please let me know. It has gotten better over the years as the kids have gotten older but still....

Old 06-10-2011, 08:58 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

OMG - this is the story of my life. Laying awake at night, worrying about one thing or another - that turns out to be fine once daylight hits. If anyone discovers a cure, please let me know. It has gotten better over the years as the kids have gotten older but still....
I do this a lot. In the light of day, I'm still pissed about the lack of communication. This is different than most random things I lay awake worrying about. I didn't even know about the non-communication until this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting