Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 10:16 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,504 times

Advertisements

My older 3 were hangin' with their friends tonight (am I the only one who has a smaller social life than my kids? ) so I made popcorn and watched a movie with my 8 y.o and 6 y.o. We watched Benji- one of our favorite older movies! Such a nice night

Old 03-26-2011, 10:19 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,086,413 times
Hubby is watching "Sherlock Holmes" right now. Oh my goodness, this movie is so boring.

Strawflower, I have an extremely small social circle. I'm one of those people who doesn't like friends if they aren't really close friends. Also, I'm not trusting of people due to my childhood. Those two things means that I don't have a lot of friends, but I don't care. Well, combine those two things with the fact that it's extremely difficult to find people my age out here who don't think I act like a grandma.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:47 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Well, combine those two things with the fact that it's extremely difficult to find people my age out here who don't think I act like a grandma.
Some people are just closed-minded that way. I always think it's a pity when people judge before getting to know a person. I have friends of all ages, different political and religious persuasions, different family situations. Some of my closest friends are polar opposites from me.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:28 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Hubby is watching "Sherlock Holmes" right now. Oh my goodness, this movie is so boring.

Strawflower, I have an extremely small social circle. I'm one of those people who doesn't like friends if they aren't really close friends. Also, I'm not trusting of people due to my childhood. Those two things means that I don't have a lot of friends, but I don't care. Well, combine those two things with the fact that it's extremely difficult to find people my age out here who don't think I act like a grandma.
Was that the newer one? I fell asleep when it was being watched here. Last night we watched The Switch. Stupid movie. Predictable - I thought it was a comedy. More of a drama.

psr, we have a very small social circle as well. We have really a couple of very close friends. Most of the time, DH and I prefer each others company over most others

Old 03-27-2011, 07:39 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I want to see 127 Hours, but I think I'm going to pass too. I panic if I can't move my arms. I don't think I can watch it.
I don't think I can watch that one.

I saw The Virgin Suicides last night on Netflix. I think it was Sophia Coppolla's directoral debut back in 1999. Sorta odd. It had something there but never really developed. It was ok.

It is still very cold here. Today's high is forecasted to be 27. Just a little too chilly for the kids to go out & play. It's our spring break this coming wk & not until Fri do we see above 36 degrees.

The boys are very much into Charlie Brown right now & crazy about coloring any pages I can print up. Our kitchen is currently being remodeled w/ their artwork. I'm given them some scotch tape to hang up the coloring & you should see the walls at about the 3 foot level. Now the trick is to keep the baby from tearing them down!

Everyone have a nice day.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:06 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Morning all!

121804 - that's funny, regarding the coloring pages. DD is on a similar kick, but she's printing out Curious George at the rate of about 1 rainforest per day.

I found the Virgin Suicides a little odd too. Didn't really get the point.

Zim - welcome back! I had a feeling your trip's days were numbered. I hope you had a big fat cocktail when you got home. The gay thread was a thing to behold. I've never seen such a unified response. Although, mm was right - there's always one.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:14 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Hubby and I watched "The Tourist" with Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp last night. It was so so.

Hollywood thinks that putting two big names together will make a great movie. Well, I guess they did entice us to watch it. It's not worth paying for. Wait until it's free.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:24 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Good morning all....Still enjoying a quiet house. DH will be home later this afternoon, DS is still sleeping....Felt good to get up and have the ickiest of my chores all done. Today should be a pretty easy day. Supposed to be nice out again today - not warm but nice. Later in the week are some chances for rain or snow. At this point, I'd prefer rain, but will take either. Anything wet would be wonderful.

Never did watch the movie last night. We'll watch it tonight with everyone home. Started to read my book but fell asleep instead.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:25 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
I just finished reading the cliff notes, so here's a ginormous hug for Hopes, Finster, and JennyMom. You guys rock.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:47 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Good morning, everyone!

I never did work on the research paper yesterday. Hopefully I get inspired today. Tomorrow is my last night available to get it done.

We "dog sat" our neighbor's dog last night. She's a one year old lab mix, still very much in the puppy phase. She's such a hoot. She plays catch with herself! She throws a toy WAY UP IN THE AIR and then catches it again. My dogs can only take so much of her. She doesn't bother my old lab much, instinct must tell her that he can't take it. She adores my basset and terrorizes him. After he's done, he climbs up on my lap and stays with us for protection. So I had 45 pounds on me most of the night! LOL

Her house training has deteriorated. She pee'd in our houe THREE TIMES. Her owner admitted to me a few weeks ago that he has begun to have problems with her house training. He wasn't exaggerating! I'm contemplating if I'll let her come over again. She's a sweet dog. He needs to hire an animal behaviorist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.