Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 05:02 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,203,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I just got back from a walk to Target with the kids. I love that I can walk, but it is hard to keep my purchases down to what I can carry home! I have a meatloaf in the oven. It is super easy - 1lb meat, 1 cup stove top stuffing, 1 egg, 1/2 cup milk, top with BBQ sauce, bake at 350 for 1.5 hours.
Your recipe sounds mm-mmm good! (I'd no doubt add a little brown sugar on top.)

I must admit meat loaf always makes me think of "Misery" and adding Spam for that extra zip. (Right before Kathy Bates goes totally berserk.)

Old 03-27-2011, 05:21 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,476,020 times
Helloooooo everyone. I am pooped. I busted my keester cleaning today. I got on a roll and kept going. Once all my rugs were washed and drying on the deck, I decided curtains needed washing too, then decided to do the covers on the dog poufs. Then did all the vacuuming and the downstairs windows (OK...not all the windows but at least the ones that get dog nose on them plus the one above the sink. Cleaned the hardwood floors downstairs, ironed the curtains, dusted. For dinner we had the tortilla soup we were supposed to have last night before DS ditched me. Everyone is fed, kitchen is cleaned and I am done. DONE. Feels really good to have a clean house though....I don't do this as often as I should....I am not good at all about cleaning after work. I wish I was one of those people who come home and do a load of laundry and one or two chores. I'm lucky to get dinner on the table after work....so when I get on a roll I just keep on going. I hope I'll be able to move tomorrow!

Last edited by maciesmom; 03-27-2011 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: sink not sin

Old 03-27-2011, 05:25 PM

Good job MM!

(I guess that means you're not coming over to help me put my living room back together?)

Old 03-27-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Good job MM!

(I guess that means you're not coming over to help me put my living room back together?)
LOL - In a few hours I'll be lucky to walk up the stairs to bed!

It was gorgeous out today. I bet jkcoop spend the day doing yardwork. It would have been a great day to do that. I think it's supposed to cool down. At least I know my spring cleaning is pretty much done.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
LOL! I have a short attention span when it comes to movies.

Now I didn't feel bad when we got Inception (I think that's what it was - the dream in a dream) and even my DH and DS had trouble keeping up with that one.

I hate it when moves try too hard to be clever.

Anyway, we just had brats and beer for lunch and are now off to walk the dog!
Brats and beer sounds yummy!

I also have a short attention span with movies. I couldn't sit through Inception...got bored and went upstairs. Kids both loved it though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
I can usually watch movies even if I don't like them. "
Not me. DH can do that though. He loves movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Your recipe sounds mm-mmm good! (I'd no doubt add a little brown sugar on top.)

I must admit meat loaf always makes me think of "Misery" and adding Spam for that extra zip. (Right before Kathy Bates goes totally berserk.)
Confession...I've never seen "Misery" ...I don't know why but I haven't. It is weird because I was having that very discussion with my neighbor just a few weeks ago for some reason. She couldn't believe I'd never seen it. I should check it out from the library one of these days.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:46 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,089,901 times
Hehe. Meatloaf reminded me of "Take Home Chef." He found a woman who was making meatloaf and just couldn't get his head around putting the meat and ketchup together. In the end he made it with some fancy wine sauce I think.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:46 PM

So after watching the birdfeeder for awhile this evening...I've decided that it is the bird equivalent of a hook up bar........In my backyard...Who knew?

Old 03-27-2011, 07:17 PM

Sounds familiar MM. Especially the doves. Going to be a lot of little doves this year. Plus the hummer feeder gets drained in about three days. Don't they know the price of sugar is up? Seriously. Sugar is one of the things I'm looking for on clearance at Target, lol.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:52 PM

707 posts, read 1,467,663 times
Emerson's cousin passed away early last night. His cousin Jeremy was born stillborn.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:09 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,959,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Helloooooo everyone. I am pooped. I busted my keester cleaning today. I got on a roll and kept going. Once all my rugs were washed and drying on the deck, I decided curtains needed washing too, then decided to do the covers on the dog poufs. Then did all the vacuuming and the downstairs windows (OK...not all the windows but at least the ones that get dog nose on them plus the one above the sink. Cleaned the hardwood floors downstairs, ironed the curtains, dusted. For dinner we had the tortilla soup we were supposed to have last night before DS ditched me. Everyone is fed, kitchen is cleaned and I am done. DONE. Feels really good to have a clean house though....I don't do this as often as I should....I am not good at all about cleaning after work. I wish I was one of those people who come home and do a load of laundry and one or two chores. I'm lucky to get dinner on the table after work....so when I get on a roll I just keep on going. I hope I'll be able to move tomorrow!
Okay, now I feel like I really need to get on the ball on the inside!

No yard work today. Kinda didn't do too much, but did lounge around in the yard. DS is prepping his Jeep for the final paint spray this week since he's off on spring break, so they spent the morning putting plastic up in the garage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting