Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 08:29 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,927,780 times

Advertisements

I think that kids that age typically should be drinking some kind of milk regularly, but it certainly doesn't have to be cow's milk. I think the formula milk you are using now is fine to continue with if that is what he likes for now and he rejects the cow's milk. My daughter couldn't tolerate cow's milk until about 15 months, before that it gave her nasty, stinky poops. My kids continue to breastfeed and drink human milk well past 1 year, and I have had people tell me that they "need" cow's milk too. Cow's milk is for baby cows. Baby humans don't "need" cow's milk. It is a fine substitute milk if that is the milk you choose, but it is certainly not a required element of their diet. Vegan parents, for example, would not feed their child cow's milk. They just have to be careful to provide those nutrients in other ways. You can do the same if you choose not to use cow's milk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 10:02 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz2525 View Post
I will try almond milk or rice milk. I want to stay away from chocolate syrup because of the sugar. Thanks for the ideas everyone!
Bless you! No one loves a little Bosco in a glass of milk more than me but chocolate syrup should not be more than an occasional treat. It's needless sugar and it's empty calories.

Razz, some kids are just big eaters. As long as you are giving them nutritious foods (and you are), they're active, and they aren't getting fat I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:46 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,184,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I've always said "cows milk is for baby cows".
Are bananas only for monkeys and honey only for Winnie the Pooh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting