Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 12:31 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southseeker View Post
I don't want kids either myself, but it has nothing to do with the reason tony has listed. For me, I just know I won't be a good father. I'm not good with kids. My patience is thin, I'm not very creative, and I'm just not a good communicator in general.
Yeah. I agree, southseeker.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:37 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southseeker View Post
I don't want kids either myself, but it has nothing to do with the reason tony has listed. For me, I just know I won't be a good father. I'm not good with kids. My patience is thin, I'm not very creative, and I'm just not a good communicator in general. Poeple always say, I don't know what it's like. Well I do. I'm one of those rare guys that has done his fair share of babysitting, and if there's anything I've learned from babysiitng I don't want any of my own.
Now that I can understand and you shouldn't have children. I have a cousin that ended her first marriage because she didn't want kids and her husband did. She found her second husband and he was the same way and didn't want children. I think that it's great my cousin decided for her that she didn't want kids. I'd rather her do that then have kids and regret her life.

BUT for people to come in here at 17 and 19 y.o. and say that they don't want kids and haven't experienced love or life is silly to me. Yes, at the age you are, some of you are selfish or whatever but you should grow out of that and mature.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Now that I can understand and you shouldn't have children. I have a cousin that ended her first marriage because she didn't want kids and her husband did. She found her second husband and he was the same way and didn't want children. I think that it's great my cousin decided for her that she didn't want kids. I'd rather her do that then have kids and regret her life.

BUT for people to come in here at 17 and 19 y.o. and say that they don't want kids and haven't experienced love or life is silly to me. Yes, at the age you are, some of you are selfish or whatever but you should grow out of that and mature.

Are you suggesting that when/if we meet the person we want to marry, that we'll magically change our minds? I don't think so.

You really think that I am easily persuaded by the whims of a man in his desires to have kids? No. If I marry, I want to marry someone who shares the same wishes.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:46 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Are you suggesting that when/if we meet the person we want to marry, that we'll magically change our minds? I don't think so.

You really think that I am easily persuaded by the whims of a man in his desires to have kids? No. If I marry, I want to marry someone who shares the same wishes.
And that's fine, my cousin did the same thing but since you're so young, why make all these statements of what you're going to do and not do with your life when you haven't lived your life yet?

You might meet someone and want to have their baby and then again, maybe not. It's your life but I wouldn't say never because it always bites us in the butt.

I don't know how many times I said I'd never do something and turned out I did and maybe a couple of times before I learned my lesson.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:05 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymanero View Post
Exactly. I don't judge people who choose to have children, since that is a personal choice they make. Why should we get judged for the personal choice we make to be childfree?

My mother tells me "You've never had children, so you can't know if you like it or not". I've also never been hit by a car, but I have this sneaking suspicion that I won't like it.
Directed towards Tony,

You judged individuals with children or there choice to have them in your initial post and now you are back peddling?
Aside from this fact I actually agree with you there are some people that should never procreate it would actually be very scary...I see people with children that are just not meant to have children and I often question why have them in the first place.
Re: what your mother said? That is just moms having foresight..and comparing having kids and getting hit by a car was a horrible analogy..

I was once like you..I was young, selfish and NEVER imagined myself with children. I was an aunt and had practically raised my nephew, I was a pre-k teacher and often told my mom, "I love kids but I do not want one of my own I like to give them back at the end of the day"

When I got married and came up pregnant I was shocked because we were so careful but once my son was here I could not imagine a world without him

Old 06-05-2011, 01:08 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymanero View Post
The human race is in no danger of dying out. When you have children, you'd be devoting the rest of your life to providing for them. I'm too selfish for that. And when you think of all the women who trap men into paying child support for 18 years, the childfree life sounds like a very viable option. Have you noticed that women use children like pawns? I've made myself sick just thinking about it.

I'd much rather have a vasectomy and play the field my whole life. When I turn 18, (only 7 months from now) I will be legally entitled to that.

What do you think?
The human race may not be in danger of dying out, but it is in danger of becoming increasingly stupid, diseased, and ugly. That's where my genetic obligation comes into play.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
The human race may not be in danger of dying out, but it is in danger of becoming increasingly stupid, diseased, and ugly. That's where my genetic obligation comes into play.
Oh please.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:28 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Oh please.
A question for you?

Why is it that you feel you can post on an open forum and state your opinion in any fashion that you please however get seemingly upset or extremely sarcastic at other posts?

You are aware when posting on forums and making certain statements that it is bound for some critism or rebuttle right?

I agree with some posters stating other opinions..
It is fairly easy to state at a very young age that you are solid in your beliefs because you do not know the future or what it holds for you yet..
That is all Donie was stating by a personal experience.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:33 AM

129 posts, read 336,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Directed towards Tony,

You judged individuals with children or there choice to have them in your initial post and now you are back peddling?
Aside from this fact I actually agree with you there are some people that should never procreate it would actually be very scary...I see people with children that are just not meant to have children and I often question why have them in the first place.
Re: what your mother said? That is just moms having foresight..and comparing having kids and getting hit by a car was a horrible analogy..

I was once like you..I was young, selfish and NEVER imagined myself with children. I was an aunt and had practically raised my nephew, I was a pre-k teacher and often told my mom, "I love kids but I do not want one of my own I like to give them back at the end of the day"

When I got married and came up pregnant I was shocked because we were so careful but once my son was here I could not imagine a world without him
Like I said, women who only have children to use as a money pawn. If you're going to have children, at least have them for the right reasons. Otherwise, I ain't judging.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
A question for you?

Why is it that you feel you can post on an open forum and state your opinion in any fashion that you please however get seemingly upset or extremely sarcastic at other posts?

You are aware when posting on forums and making certain statements that it is bound for some critism or rebuttle right?

I agree with some posters stating other opinions..
It is fairly easy to state at a very young age that you are solid in your beliefs because you do not know the future or what it holds for you yet..
That is all Donie was stating by a personal experience.
I'm aware that there will be critics. There are times when I will try to rebuttle what they say and they don't see the validity in my response.

I see. I guess we only see it as condescending and patronizing because we've all been told we will "change our minds." yes, I know that some of us will change our minds, but not all of us will. And were just tired of hearing that because it makes us feel like other people think that we don't know ourselves. I will admit, maybe at a young age we don't fully know who we are, but still it can get irritating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting