Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:28 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,483 times

Advertisements

Toddler Found Shot To Death In Crib; Mother Arrested - News Story - KTVU San Francisco
HOLLISTER, Calif. -- A Hollister woman was in jail Thursday on suspicion of murder charges after her 18-month-old daughter was found shot to death in the toddler’s crib, authorities said.

San Benito County Sheriff's Deputies were called to the ranch-style home of John and Cheryl Busch located near the Santa Clara-San Benito county lines on Wednesday morning. The couple greeted the deputies at the front door and let them into the home.

The body of the toddler was found in the crib with gunshot wounds to the chest and head, according to San Benito County Sheriff Curtis Hill.

Cheryl Bush, 39, was taken into custody on suspicion of murder and on a previous domestic violence charge of inflicting corporal injury on a spouse or inhabitant, Hills said. John Bush was questioned and released.

A .357 magnum was found outside the house, Hill said, and had been identified as the murder weapon.

"We are still trying to determine a motive," Hill said. "Both parents were home. It appears the husband was outside the residence in a shop area; he was starting his day. His atttention was brought back to the house based on what occurred out there."

"When he went in, he saw his wife in a distraught frame of mind. The young girl, Donna Mae, was obviously showing some signs of the wounds at the scene. She died of multiple gunshot wounds--one to the chest and also a single gunshot wound to the head. "

Hill said Cheryl Busch was being held in county jail under a suicide watch.

WATSONVILLE / Mom says she killed 3-year-old, police say

The mother of a 3-year-old girl found dead in a Watsonville motel room has been arrested on suspicion of murder after she admitted to suffocating her, police said Monday.

Veva Virgil, 37, of Aptos (Santa Cruz County) told police that she killed her daughter in a room at the Motel 6 on Silver Leaf Drive in Watsonville, said police Lt. Darren Thompson. The girl's name was not released.
A member of the motel's housecleaning staff found the girl's body on the bed about 2 p.m. Sunday, Thompson said. Virgil had checked into the motel the day before, police said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 04:31 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,559,236 times
Its a terrible thing when a mother would abort he child's life like that. Hope she goes to jail for a long time.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:39 PM

58 posts, read 307,103 times
And to think, she could've just turned the gun on herself.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:17 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,050,540 times
IMO, its the worst crime ever. To kill your own child is beyond anything I can comprehend, nor do I think I could ever forgive someone who did. So, I dont think theres any way to justify it.
that said, I wonder how many of these "mothers" are feeling overwhelmingly trapped by their child(ren) and dont see any other way out. Reasonably, do we know there are other options? Yes, BUT, theres also a large part of society that will turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the pleas for help. such as this..
I know a girl, who told anyone and everyone, how much she hated being a mom. How she didnt feel like she could handle it, she hated each and every moment, and dreaded waking in the morning because it ment taking care of her 2 kids. She tried to ask for help in giving them up for adoption (they were 3 and 7) everyone told her "NO~!!!!! You CANT do that!!! You had them, you raise them!!! You'll tramatize them for life if you give them up!!! Giving them up is NOT an option!!!" so, after getting that time and time again, from person after person, she went off the deep end and took the only option she felt she had. She tried to kill them both.
Now, again, I do NOT feel she was justified, I think she is horrificlly mentally unstable and I (even though its not my right and whatnot) just cant find it in my heart to forgive something like that....BUT, I also blame those who kept telling her "NO!! You CANT give them up, you'll tramatize them for life!!!"well, i can guarentee you, they are much more tramatized by what she did end up doing.
As a parent of 3 very loved children, I cant fathom not wanting or NEEDING them in my life. But obviously, not everyone feels that way. Why cant some people see that?
sigh......
anyhow, off my soapbox, Ive had my say....

Old 11-21-2008, 02:51 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,492,599 times
Default Sick of 2 things

I'm not just sick of these mothers that kill their kids.....I am SICK that, at least in my opinion, they don't receive enough punishment.

I am tired of the insane approach. Call me cold, but I don't care about that. Too many women use it, or try to bring up a broken childhood- it doesn't matter. A plethora of people have had a bad life.......but they don't turn themselves into murderers.

I feel that once these women start getting harsher punishment-like the death sentence (I won't go into it so this doesn't get moved to politics)...........then perhaps less women would be killing their children.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:13 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,172,705 times
These females aren't mothers.
They just have a body capable of producing offspring.
Just the same as fish, rats, mice, etc.
A real MOTHER doesn't kill her kids.

Same with males that might do such a horrible act.
Once they are tried and convicted beyond a shadow of a doubt, they should never spend a day in jail.
They should be shot or hanged on the courthouse steps immediately following the guilty verdict.
If the legal system is too squeamish to carry out this punishment, they can call me.
There is nothing I hate worse than a child killer or abuser.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:43 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,050,540 times
I totally agree!!

im curious on your opinions on the "mothers" like I mentioned above. Who tell anyone and everyone they dont want their kids and want to give them up, regardless of age. Why do most people keep insisting they HAVE to keep their kid(s)? that there is no other option, blah blah blah...?

and truly, i dont get why a baby/child can be severely abused and/or neglected, over and over, and still, the state will continuiously keep that child in the home, until he/she is killed. Why? And then horror of horrors....that "parent" will not only get a simple slap on the wrist, but then go on to have MORE children!!!! WTF????

I wish people could see that a "parent" keeping a child is NOT always the best thing to do.

i cant fathom the terror, agony and pain these poor kids go through. From the one thats supposed to love them most.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:52 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,483 times
The real criminals are the other people who ARE NOT mentally unstable (like these mothers OBVIOUSLY ARE) have been around these mothers and children and have not heeded the warning signs that must have been there.

The husband of the mother from watsonville stated his wife was schitzophrenic. HELLO why would you leave your child alone with a woman with schitzophrenia who could hear voices that tell her to kill the child? They are not based in reality and should not have custody of the child and visitation only with another person present.

The poeple who failed these children are the SANE family and friends who didn't call CPS on these crazy mothers and ensure these children didn't fall prey to mental illness like the mothers had. Who was making sure the mothers were seeing doctors and taking their meds????

The mothers are batsht crazy. Mental illness is real and schitzophrenics REALLY cannot tell the difference between reality and fantasy if they are not on their meds. But with medication and family and friends monitoring the situation, these terrible incidents can be avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
IMO, its the worst crime ever. To kill your own child is beyond anything I can comprehend, nor do I think I could ever forgive someone who did. So, I dont think theres any way to justify it.
that said, I wonder how many of these "mothers" are feeling overwhelmingly trapped by their child(ren) and dont see any other way out. Reasonably, do we know there are other options? Yes, BUT, theres also a large part of society that will turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the pleas for help. such as this..
I know a girl, who told anyone and everyone, how much she hated being a mom. How she didnt feel like she could handle it, she hated each and every moment, and dreaded waking in the morning because it ment taking care of her 2 kids. She tried to ask for help in giving them up for adoption (they were 3 and 7) everyone told her "NO~!!!!! You CANT do that!!! You had them, you raise them!!! You'll tramatize them for life if you give them up!!! Giving them up is NOT an option!!!" so, after getting that time and time again, from person after person, she went off the deep end and took the only option she felt she had. She tried to kill them both.
Now, again, I do NOT feel she was justified, I think she is horrificlly mentally unstable and I (even though its not my right and whatnot) just cant find it in my heart to forgive something like that....BUT, I also blame those who kept telling her "NO!! You CANT give them up, you'll tramatize them for life!!!"well, i can guarentee you, they are much more tramatized by what she did end up doing.
As a parent of 3 very loved children, I cant fathom not wanting or NEEDING them in my life. But obviously, not everyone feels that way. Why cant some people see that?
sigh......
anyhow, off my soapbox, Ive had my say....

Old 11-21-2008, 09:23 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,454,356 times
It's natural selection. Even in nature, some animals are not good mothers. They eat or smother their young. People are no different.

Other than that, clearly these women are severely disturbed sociopaths.

Last edited by Woof Woof Woof!; 11-21-2008 at 09:31 AM..

Old 11-21-2008, 09:33 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,922,963 times
Terrible yes. But infanticide has been around since forever. Too bad these women are allowed to keep breeding though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting