Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 02:49 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
I think I just experienced a new low in sports parenting this season. I overheard a father tell a child that he would pay him $200 if he gave an opposing player a concussion!

Seriously. I could not believe that I heard that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 02:49 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Surf competitions.

Lay on the beach for hours. Endless worries about running out of sunscreen. Sand up your butt. Once in a while someone would get hit by a Frisbee.

I'm telling y'all. It was horrendous.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:22 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,050,869 times
magoomafoo - that is creepy. She sounds a little short-bus to me.

Momma_bear & Aconite - that is awful!!

jkcoop - you poor thing! THAT sounds awful!

DewDropInn - YOU are awful! JK - Hee hee.

Our soccer team played a team that was mostly Hispanic/Mexican. They were not from our city, they were from a city about 45 minutes south of us. I kind of felt like something was up because one player looked like there was no way he could have been in middle school (this is a team of 6th graders), I mean he was teeny-tiny; AND they had another really small girl on the team. Our coach said that sometimes if the team is short a player or two, they can have girls on the team.

Anyway, this team played dirty! That obnoxious mom was screamin' and hollerin' bloody murder and that little girl and little boy were the most aggressive players on the team. I noticed that our players kept getting hurt and falling down.

Suddenly this guy comes across the field and says something in Spanish to the other team's coach and the coach gets really mad. Our coach goes to talk to the guy.... ANyway - turns out, the other team's coach and some of the other parents were yelling to their kids in Spanish to trip and push our players! Our team is really white. Like WHITE white. I guess they figured nobody would know Spanish.

What jerks, huh?

Old 09-12-2011, 06:19 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,314,203 times
When our kids were in "youth" sports in our old town, we never stayed for practices. When we moved here we found out after a couple weeks that we were "required" to stay at practices--which we thought was silly. Our kids were in 6th grade at the time. Now that they are in high school we don't attend sports practices but for marching band we do go to the end of their practices because they want the parents there for an audience so the kids are used to performing in front of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting