Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2011, 07:24 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times

Advertisements

I'm invisible here tonight. Must be how txt feels. What did I do wrong?

Old 09-10-2011, 07:25 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Night all. Sleep warm. Or cool. If you have a sleep buddy..... enjoy him!

Old 09-10-2011, 07:26 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Dogs sure need to be part of the pack, 24/7/365!

Since nobody is home, they insist on being upstairs with me.

That requires my carrying the lab up the steps.

They're both snuggled up in a pile on the bed behind me.

They look so out of place but so cute at the same time!
I can't handle dogs on the bed. May be because our is 100lbs. May also be the fact that DD has a nasty habit of crawling in their too. It's my space (and maybe DH's if he's not in the dog-house!).

Old 09-10-2011, 07:26 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,212 times
Quote:
No you are not Hopes! Always thinking of you.......

Old 09-10-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I can't handle dogs on the bed. May be because our is 100lbs. May also be the fact that DD has a nasty habit of crawling in their too. It's my space (and maybe DH's if he's not in the dog-house!).
The beauty of this is it's DS's bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
No you are not Hopes! Always thinking of you.......

Thank you! Thank you!

Have you ever been on a forum that makes banned members invisible? They type madly wondering why nobody responds. Just imagine their frustration!

Old 09-10-2011, 07:41 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,212 times
Quote:
The beauty of this is it's DS's bed!

Thank you! Thank you!

Have you ever been on a forum that makes banned members invisible? They type madly wondering why nobody responds. Just imagine their frustration!
LOL! Really??

OK so our plans went up in flames. Toddler X woke up and screamed his head off. He doesn't want me, he wants Mr. X. Now they decided to go watch some fancy car auction which I am not interested in and Toddler X took my drink plus remainder of my dinner with him.

Ahhh now all I want is for Calgon to take me away.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:50 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:

Old 09-10-2011, 07:58 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I know...now I'm thinking I need to make cookies for tomorrow.
The good thing about having teen boys over, is you can count on them to clean you out of the kind of foods you shouldn't be eating much of.
Ha - looking forward to that age! Right now I avoid baking (which I love) mainly so DH and I don't eat all of whatever I make! So I feel your pain!

Quote:
Good Night MrsX!

Major parenting fail for me this evening. DS was just being a PITA, wouldn't do what he was asked, very whiny. After dinner I sent him to his room to meditate, and when I went up to check on him the kid was fast asleep at 7. Guess I missed the fact the kid was exhausted. Oopsies!
Aw, Zim! It's interesting that you mentioned this because one of the rules at our house is that we're not allowed to take bad moods out on each other (due to illness, sleepiness, what-have-you). Only having marginal success with the 3 year old on this front (shocking that!), but I think it's an important life lesson. At least now your DS's getting some rest, right?

Quote:
Better than spanking them with a belt I suppose, just use a little good old Catholic guilt!
Ha - gotta be careful with that Catholic guilt. My mom overused it and I'm somewhat impervious to guilt trips from others.

Quote:
Ha- no, never, Hopes! Hope you and the doggies are having fun - I have this mental image of you carrying a large dog upstairs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
OK so our plans went up in flames. Toddler X woke up and screamed his head off. He doesn't want me, he wants Mr. X. Now they decided to go watch some fancy car auction which I am not interested in and Toddler X took my drink plus remainder of my dinner with him.

Ahhh now all I want is for Calgon to take me away.
Boooooo! So much for the best laid plans and all...

Old 09-10-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
LMAO! We want the best for you. We truly do care about you. Sometimes that means not enabling you when you're being unreasonable.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Major parenting fail for me this evening. DS was just being a PITA, wouldn't do what he was asked, very whiny. After dinner I sent him to his room to meditate, and when I went up to check on him the kid was fast asleep at 7. Guess I missed the fact the kid was exhausted. Oopsies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Aw, Zim! It's interesting that you mentioned this because one of the rules at our house is that we're not allowed to take bad moods out on each other (due to illness, sleepiness, what-have-you). Only having marginal success with the 3 year old on this front (shocking that!), but I think it's an important life lesson. At least now your DS's getting some rest, right?
When my children were a PITA, I'd sweetly say "You sound soooooo tired."

They immediately stopped being PITAs because they didn't want naps.

But sometimes they'd say they were tired and wanted a nap, like it just dawned on them when I mentioned it.

It wasn't done as a punishment. Just "you sound soooooo tired."

So, in my experience, there's nothing wrong with putting a PITA kid down for a nap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting