Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 10:44 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times

Advertisements

Hopefully it won't disappoint Dew. I'm a bit nervous about it honestly.....but I'll for sure be watching!

Speaking of cookies, one thing on my "to do" list for this week is getting holiday cookies/breads started...I like to give those as gifts to families. It's amazing to me how few people seem to do homemade stuff anymore....they just buy the slice and bake cookies....

Old 11-14-2011, 11:26 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
I just made some cupcakes.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:50 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
It's my firm belief that a cupcake tastes better than a slice of cake.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:31 PM

970 posts, read 2,213,830 times
There is more frosting on a cupcake!

Old 11-14-2011, 02:52 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Txt - you are missing the point completely. As Dew said - you can't control him. You can't. You've tried, it doesn't work. The ONLY thing you can do at this point is to deal with it. A shower does not need to take long - you can be in and out in 5 minutes and get to bed. It doesn't matter if you don't WANT to shower then. Apparently the choice for you, at this time, is to shower around him or not to shower. Complaining about it isn't going to change that. You're just going to have to deal. And you'll be better off not dwelling on it. The only person that is getting hurt by all of this is you. YOU. Not him. YOU. You are making the choice to get wound up over it. The best thing to do is to make the choice to stop getting wound up over something you cannot change.
A shower takes 5 minutes if I want to be hairy all the time.
I can do everything in the shower in 9 minutes and 30 secinds, I've timed my self before....regardless of how quick I am I was still kept up till midnight and im even more cranky and pissed off today, I'm tired, I'm hungry and I just want to sleep.

I'm sick of it, I'm done, I wont tolerate it anyone.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:56 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I can do everything in the shower in 9 minutes and 30 secinds, I've timed my self before....regardless of how quick I am I was still kept up till midnight and im even more cranky and pissed off today, I'm tired, I'm hungry and I just want to sleep.

Then MOVE, dammit.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:59 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:

if he's doing it to **** you off, don't show him you're upset. He'll probably stop. Or go in the other bathroom and take all the hot water while he's in there.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:

If being tired from having a job and not being able to take a shower when you want it is what sets you off, then 99.9% of the people in this world would like to have your life.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:06 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:

Which means what exactly? So you "won't tolerate" it....so? Not your house, not your bathroom, not your water and you're living there free because you can't yet afford to move. You have no power to not tolerate it.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Which means what exactly? So you "won't tolerate" it....so? Not your house, not your bathroom, not your water and you're living there free because you can't yet afford to move. You have no power to not tolerate it.

Again I got home at like 330 and he was in there and then he just got out of the bathroom not too long ago.

Honestly, you have people living together in a house, you have to be kind, considerate and share with others, what he is doing is none of the above.

He lives here for free, he doesn't pay for anything, IDGAF if he is 17.

Its a shared bathroom, you don't do that all the time, its wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting