Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 09:25 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times

Advertisements

I woke up the other morning and MrFR was all weepy because he'd watched the Halloween Candy Video. It really upset him.

So I ain't gonna watch it.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:38 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Caffeine? Energy drinks? Other drugs?...like pain killers? All of these can cause serious heart palpitations, which are easily, and extremely often, mistaken for anxiety or panic attacks.
I don't drink energy drinks, they taste gross.
I drink pepsi when I have it and for the most part I drink a lot of gatorade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Agree with Beachy, txt. If you're still drinking as much soda as you said you did a while back and if you're taking pain meds as well, then it's a recipe for palpitations and 'panic attack' type symptoms. DRINK WATER, txt!! If you don't like it plain, squeeze a bit of lemon juice into it.
I haven't been on the pain meds for over a month now, I had them about a week and a half, they didn't give me much and I drink a lot of gatorade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Yep, and since there's googling going on, might as well google the side effects off too much caffeine, too many energy drinks and possible side effects of prescription pain meds....you'll find heart palpitations right there.
Its not like I drink Pepsi all that much. If you were here in my every day life you would see that I don't drink pepsi all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'd forgotten txt was on pain meds. Txt: I hope you read this and actually pay attention. One of the reasons we're so hard on you is, believe it or not, we want you to succeed and make something of your life. You cannot mix your pain meds with caffeine. And you sure can't mix them with liquor. Please think about being smart. That's up to you too. We can't hold your hand. The decision is yours on whether or not you help yourself.
Its been a month or more, im not still on pain killers.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:50 AM

What do you think is the primary ingredient in Gatorade? Fairy Dust?

Old 11-12-2011, 07:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Gatorade is not caffeinated.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:37 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Gatorade is not caffeinated.
And it has electrolites.

Gatorade is a sports drink used to replinish the things athletes use when they play sports.

Monster, red bull, nos, and a few others I dont remember the name of are enegry drinks.

There is a huge difference between the two.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:39 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,088,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
And it has electrolites.

Gatorade is a sports drink used to replinish the things athletes use when they play sports.

Monster, red bull, nos, and a few others I dont remember the name of are enegry drinks.

Yeah, Gatorade eats your insides. Seriously, the only people who should even think about drinking it are people who are participating in a very grueling sport. You are not, so it is terrible for you to be drinking.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:54 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Gatorade is not good for you. Full of high fructose corn syrup. It's basically uncarbonated soda. You might as well be drinking Pepsi (save for the caffeine). Best thing you can drink is water. It's free (if you purchase a refillable bottle), it has no calories, caffeine or sugar and it keeps you appropriately hydrated. Flavor it with a bit of fruit or fruit juice if you want to but water is really the way to go. Especially if you are tight on funds.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
And it has electrolites.

It's not a sports drink. It's marketed as a "sports drink". It's just loads of sugar and water with some potassium thrown in. You'd do better to eat a banana.

Gatorade is no better for you than soda.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
OK, txt, so we're now informed you're off the pain meds (good) and drinking Gatorade (not good). Any thought given to dealing with your anxeity?

Old 11-12-2011, 05:12 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Check this out txt:

Do you worry excessively? Johns Hopkins provides nine strategies to help you take control of your anxiety.: Johns Hopkins Special Reports
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting