Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 03:11 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
PRECIOUS LITTLE SNOWFLAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's what I was forgetting yesterday!

People's runny nosed precious little snowflakes coming in and spinning the bagging thing then I touch it like 4 million times during my shift.

And what's worse is when they parents don't tell them to stop or they do tell them and the kid keeps on doing it and the parents doesn't remove them from the area or put them in the damn cart.

Anyways, since I don't know if its appropriate to directly confront either the parent or the kid then I just firmly hold on to the bagging thing and and glance over at the child until they back away. Very low key, non-confrontational way of getting my point across.

I sure as hell don't want to be scolded for telling snowflake to stop it or NO!
Ah, well, my child psych mentor in grad school always used to joke that if you want to see ineffective parenting in action, you should spend an hour at Walmart!

Old 09-13-2011, 03:24 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Ewag... about LSE... I feel your pain. MissFR is doing ok but she is having ups and downs. On Fri she went in fine, then when I went to pick her up she had crumbled a bit by then and was crying and eating lunch by herself. Oh it was awful. But she'd done fine up until then.

This morning she didn't want to go, and then suddenly had a change of heart and got all excited, but when we got there was upset that I was leaving. The teachers are wonderful and very supportive, and are saying it will just take a bit of time for her to adjust. She was ok when I went to pick her up, but said she really missed me and was a bit clingy. I told her that it's ok to miss someone, we miss Daddy when he's at work but we have fun anyway and then he always comes home, so I'll always pick her up.

So I totally get it, it's very difficult. I feel for you being preggo, though - you must be even more emotional than me.

In other news, the five second rule does not apply to pudding.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:25 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,975,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Ah, well, my child psych mentor in grad school always used to joke that if you want to see ineffective parenting in action, you should spend an hour at Walmart!
OMGIKNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too often I find my head cocked to the left with that WTF look on my face....

Old 09-13-2011, 03:27 PM

Oh, and I was going to say - for some reason I saw the Vax or not Vax thread and thought of a Brazilian.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh, and I was going to say - for some reason I saw the Vax or not Vax thread and thought of a Brazilian.
I looked in the cupboard to see if I had any popcorn.

Sorry about Little MissFR, Fin. Poor little thing. The world is a big place when you're a little kid having to go out into it.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:41 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Now THAT would be an interesting thread....

Wasn't a vaccination/no vaccination thread just locked? Or does it just seem like it was just there?

And Fin - the top part of the pudding blob on the floor - that is okay. No rule applies there.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
And Fin - the top part of the pudding blob on the floor - that is okay. No rule applies there.
Around here the cat will probably beat you to it.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:03 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Around here the cat will probably beat you to it.
lol! Probably here too considering the cat (Rudy) got on the counter to get to the chicken. Anything on the floor would be gone between the dog and the cats.

Dinner tonight is Chinese lemon chicken, fried rice, and brownies. I'm going to sneak a few veggies I'm having trouble using into the fried rice.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Ha! Now why didn't I think of that.

Thanks Dew - yes, it sure is. On one hand I love her going out into it, on the other.....

Old 09-13-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Thanks Dew - yes, it sure is. On one hand I love her going out into it, on the other.....
On the other you want to protect your little Snuggle Buddy? Totally understandable. Hugs to Fin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting