Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 11:39 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Uh no.
Sorry, I guess I need to catch you up.
I work 40+ hours a week as a security officer. I work 4 on 3 off with overtime at least once a week. Saturday and Sunday I work 7am to 7pm, 12 hour shifts.

And so what I live at home, BFD, I still have to clean my room, clean my bathroom(which I share with a 17 year old boy who doesn't clean it). I work during the times my mom makes dinner so I cook all my own stuff or pay for my own food. I have to take care of all my own stuff. My mom doesn't do a damn thing for me, I barely even see her.

My life is NOT one big vacation.
So what part of this am I supposed to feel bad about? You have to pay for your own food? Boohoo. When I was your age I had 2 internships plus 18 credit hours. Every moment free was home work. I also managed to fit in all of my grocery shopping and cleaning.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:50 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Catch us up?

I don't think so. I already know so much about the B-man guy I feel like I know which brand of jock itch powder he uses.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:51 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,976,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Organizing your social life, paying your cell phone bill, and complaining endlessly about your mom does not constitute "taking care of your stuff".

What she should do is kick your ungrateful ass out of the house.
Pay my cell phone bill.
Pay my car insurance.
Pay for the maintenance on my vehicle.
Pay for my own food.
Pay for my own bathroom supplies.
Pay for the gas in my car.
Clean my room.
Clean my bathroom.
Clean my car.
Work a full time job.
Make myself meals.
I do ALL my own laundry.
Cook for myself.
I basically do as I would have to do in an apartment but it just so happens that the place I live is my mom's house.

My mom doesn't give me a dime.
What does she do that I should be so grateful for?
Letting me stay at home while I save up money? In a room she can't rent out to anyone, she can't even legally rent it out to me, it violates the contract she has with the landlord.

Yes, I should be so grateful to live with two people who sit all day up on their pedestals and are nasty and vile people and talk trash about people they feel are inferior to them. Neither of them work, they both have a free ride through life right now and just do as they please, she doesn't even try to find a job and my brother doesn't go to school and just sleeps in all the time and if I come in at like 3 in the afternoon and he's asleep, she'll come running out of her room yelling at me to be quiet because he's sleeping and then when he wakes her from her yelling she says look what you did you woke him up. Yet when I would like to go to bed at 10pm when ITS THE LAW YOU CAN'T BE BLARING MUSIC FROM YOUR HOUSE, she won't tell him to shut his amp off and play quietly. He'll throw a fit and she'll tell me to deal with it. Its all one sides they want to take take take and never give any. THEY don't know how to function living with others.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
So what part of this am I supposed to feel bad about? You have to pay for your own food? Boohoo. When I was your age I had 2 internships plus 18 credit hours. Every moment free was home work. I also managed to fit in all of my grocery shopping and cleaning.
You aren't suppose to feel bad.
You told me my life was a vacation, its not.

And my job field doesn't really do internships or I would have done something like that OH WAIT I DID, I was a police explorer till I aged out of the program.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Catch us up?

I don't think so. I already know so much about the B-man guy I feel like I know which brand of jock itch powder he uses.
Its TG.
And he doesn't need jock itch powder.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:54 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,954 times
Ah, irony is ironic.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:56 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,968,218 times
And here we are, new year, same old story. Enough Txt. I'm pretty sure I could recite your litany of complaints from memory as we've heard them far too many times.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:58 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
OK. This time I really did hurt myself laughing.

And I think my ears popped!

Old 01-01-2012, 12:02 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
OK. This time I really did hurt myself laughing.

And I think my ears popped!
I broke my nails tuning my tiny violin to play the worlds saddest song.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:03 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I broke my nails tuning my tiny violin to play the worlds saddest song.
You have to be careful, Ohio! That's a very, very small violin you're working with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting