Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2011, 04:14 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,960,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Are you on drugs?
I've been forced against my will to live like a teenager. I don't want it! I want to live like a 22 year old woman. There is nothing fun about living a teenage life into your early 20's.
I don't kniw how the hell you think that's enjoyable.
Txt, I've defended you before on this forum, but just can't defend this. You are 22 years old. (I think that I missed before that you were 22) You had money to go to school and free room and board. Awwk, and you wasted it. So many people would give anything to be in your position.

You have not been held against your will. You have been given a roof over your head and food to eat. No one I know, would expect a parent to let their adult child bring home overnight guests of the opposite sex. It is not an unreasonable rule. -especially with a minor living at home. If you were living like an adult in your mom's house you would be paying rent. Who said that you had to enjoy everything in life???

If you had worked at it you could have been out on your own with a good job by now. I had finished college, had a full time job, and was married by 22. I had no car until I was married.

Many people have no car, and no phone, and manage to get an education. Most people have to pay their own way through school. You still could go through 4 yrs. if you would work at it. If you would rather go to the police academy--do it now while your grandmother still has the money. Stay at home and change your attitude, or move to your grandmother's.

I'll tell you what living like an adult is, it is making your own way and paying your own bills, acting in a responsible manner. Yes there are lots of times to party and have fun, but a real adult takes care of business first, and finds time to give back to family and community.

Just go volunteer at a homeless shelter, or work with rebuilding homes for the elderly, and you will thank your lucky stars for what you have--

And if you continue on your current path, you just might become one of those in the homeless shelter, or heaven forbid, a lonely elder in need of assistance.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:59 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,906,619 times
Quote:
Are you on drugs?
I've been forced against my will to live like a teenager. I don't want it! I want to live like a 22 year old woman. There is nothing fun about living a teenage life into your early 20's.
I don't kniw how the hell you think that's enjoyable.
Next time you're wondering why everyone is ignoring your posts, go back and read the above that you wrote in response to someone trying to help you. Whether you want to hear the answers to the advice you ask for or not, there is NO reason to be disrespectful to the other posters here. Think about it.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:07 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,978,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Oh yes, YES, I AM on drugs! It's called R-E-A-L-I-T-Y-prophen!! Clearly, we're ALL on the same drug here. You might want to pick yourself up a prescription and join us! At least this post gave me a chuckle. LMFAO! Forced...against your WILL???? to live like a teenager??? Are you friggin' kidding me!? If you wanted to live like a 22 year old woman, instead of like a teenager, you would have followed your mother's advice, delayed your ridiculous, childish gratifications and had a place of your own. You and only YOU have made the choices and decisions which have kept you a prisoner of your own making! You've blown it, every single time, because no one can tell you anything you don't want to hear or expect anything of you that YOU don't think is fair.

What a waste of time, trying to help you. Like others have said, all you want is to whine. You want some magic delusional crap to take back to your mom, so you can say, "See Mom, other mom's agree with me! You're the one who's screwed up." Well she's not txt. You're the one who's screwed up. Your poor mother. She's far, far too kind. I would never allow my children to treat me the way you treat her. I do have an adult child living here, you bet I do and that girl treats everyone in this house with respect and she IS a responsible adult, one who pays her way and works just as hard around this place as every other adult. She hasn't acted like damn teenager since she was 12 years old. Thank God!

I think the question we all want answered here? Are YOU o

n drugs? ARE you? ....or are you just naturally, really.....that screwed up?

No you were saying it like it was a good thing. Like living like a teenager into your 20's was ejoyable...

It's not.
That's why I think your on drugs to think that's fun or enjoyable.
I was "allowed" to do so....no it was my only option, I didn't have money to live out I had nothing.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:10 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,978,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Next time you're wondering why everyone is ignoring your posts, go back and read the above that you wrote in response to someone trying to help you. Whether you want to hear the answers to the advice you ask for or not, there is NO reason to be disrespectful to the other posters here. Think about it.
I'm only ruse to her. I don't like her. She sounds just like my mom and tries to sit there and tell me everything my mom had done was right or good.

My mo has done some low stuff in the past, sone unforgivable things. Mel pisses me off so much.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:11 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,478,260 times
You had college money, a free place to live and then you were given a brand new car. How is that nothing?

And whether or not you like Mel, she deserves respect...she is trying to be helpful by giving you the truth even if it's not what you want to hear. She wasn't meaning life as a teen was enjoyable, but that it was an opportunity to get ahead. An opportunity many don't have and one you might have been grateful for and taken advantage of instead of complaining about it for years on end.

Last edited by maciesmom; 11-27-2011 at 05:25 PM..

Old 11-27-2011, 05:54 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,731,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You had college money, a free place to live and then you were given a brand new car. How is that nothing?

And whether or not you like Mel, she deserves respect...she is trying to be helpful by giving you the truth even if it's not what you want to hear. She wasn't meaning life as a teen was enjoyable, but that it was an opportunity to get ahead. An opportunity many don't have and one you might have been grateful for and taken advantage of instead of complaining about it for years on end.
Aaaaaamen!! A whole lot of young people would LOVE the opportunity to live on someone else's dime, while they get their college education, work their a$$es off and save some money. Imagine... that life!! Being responsible for ONLY your phone, your car insurance and a car payment. OMG...what a friggin DREAM! Unfortunately, 4 years later, still no money saved and nothing but years and years of complaining about being FORCED to be a teenager!!

Old 11-27-2011, 05:56 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,187,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Exactly!

Txt, you are stuck at home at the age of 22 because of the choices you have made. You don't want to sacrifice anything in order to reach your goal (moving out) and unfortunately, that's what it's going to take. You could move out but it might mean sharing a bedroom with a roomate or moving to a different part of the metro area. You just don't want to do those things which tells me that life at home can't be nearly as rough as you're trying to make it out to be.

I'm afraid that if you continue on your current path you're going to find yourself, 30 years old, still living under your Mom's roof. You need to take responsibility. It's your life.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:07 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,195,329 times
Quote:
No you were saying it like it was a good thing. Like living like a teenager into your 20's was ejoyable...

It's not.
That's why I think your on drugs to think that's fun or enjoyable.
I was "allowed" to do so....no it was my only option, I didn't have money to live out I had nothing.
Why is living at home at the age of 22 supposed to be enjoyable? Of course it's not. That's why most people use the ages of about 18-20 to find a way to get out. YOU didn't do that. That's no one's fault but your own.

I have a friend whose parents decided to up and move when she was 17 and in HS. Not wanting to move weeks before graduating, she got a crappy apartment full of roaches. She'd been working since she was 14, so she was able to do that. She has lived on her own ever since. She worked the same retail job for years, and put herself through JC and then through a state college. She now has a wonderful husband and kids, and lives in a 3000 sf house in our area. If she can do it, you can do it. Quit acting like the world owes you, It doesn't.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:
Mel pisses me off so much.
One of the biggest parts of being a "grown up" is treating people with respect even when you disagree with them. Even when they "**** you off".

Beachmel is a wife and mother who has been there and done that and given ALL of us the benefit of her wisdom. I, for one, am tremendously glad she's here.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:42 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,195,329 times
I am so disgusted right now, I just have to say this to put it in context.

I just watched a story on 60 Minutes about homeless kids in Florida. Their mom died, and their dad lost his construction job and THEY LIVE IN A CAR! so cry me a freaking river, txt, about being stuck at your mom's house My 8 year old has more of a grasp on reality than you do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting