Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 09:58 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
I don't really like calling them a "two headed baby." It is two separate people who share body parts, not one body that happens to have an extra head. Hopefully they (children and mother) remain healthy for a long time to come.

Yeah but that has got to be hard.
Two seperate people sharing the same body parts.

You'd have no privacy EVER!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 02:58 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
I don't really like calling them a "two headed baby." It is two separate people who share body parts, not one body that happens to have an extra head. Hopefully they (children and mother) remain healthy for a long time to come.
Doesn't each individual control only their half of the body? At least where they are more divided, that is the case, but I wonder if in one like this, each brain can control both the legs and both the arms, I suppose it has to do with how the spinal cord is.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:00 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
That's what I said.
It's two different people sharing one body....

I wonder how marriage and dating works...
Ménage à Trois

Old 12-22-2011, 04:57 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
I think these people have more to worry about than dating, marriage and privacy. Probably the hardest thing is stares and inappropriate comments like menage a trois and other insensitive remarks. These are human beings with feelings and aspirations and functions which have to coordinate very closely with somebody else.

The community where these young women live have rallied and supported the whole family since day 1. I admire the entire family.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:45 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
I hope the mother knows how to sew. She'll have a hell of a time finding clothes otherwise.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:41 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Doesn't each individual control only their half of the body? At least where they are more divided, that is the case, but I wonder if in one like this, each brain can control both the legs and both the arms, I suppose it has to do with how the spinal cord is.

Abigail and Brittany Hensel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It says that each girl can only control her half.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:00 AM

2,061 posts, read 1,958,834 times
I am hoping that these conjoined twins can have a happy life. Being in a small village wih a supportive family might be an advantage to them. Outside gawkers will be minimized. We have to understand that it is their "normal." Since they will not be seperated, it will be all that they will ever know.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:11 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,789 times
So im assuming because it wasnt done that they could not be seperated? Or the parents didnt want them to be?

Old 12-22-2011, 11:20 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
So im assuming because it wasnt done that they could not be seperated? Or the parents didnt want them to be?
From the article:

Quote:
But following a number of tests, doctors have revealed that the baby has two brains and two spines but shares one heart, lungs and pelvis.

Neila Dahas, director of the Santa Casa Hospital said:

"If both their brains are functioning, how are we going to choose which head to remove? We are not considering the possibility of surgery.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:22 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
From the link:

But following a number of tests, doctors have revealed that the baby has two brains and two spines but shares one heart, lungs, liver and pelvis.

The two-headed boy is, in reality, conjoined twins who share a single body. The condition is known as dicephalic parapagus - an extremely unusual form of conjoinment.
Because they share the same body, it is not possible to separate dicephalic parapagus twins.

Read more: Baby with two heads born in Brazil: Dicephalic parapagus twins Emanoel and Jesus | Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting