Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 04:39 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,907,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
It makes me laugh that most peoples idea of "researching extensively" consists of googling things.

I actually think having so much misinformation on the internet is dumbing down society to think anyone who can type words into a blog is somehow and authority on something.
Ah, not being able to evaluate the credibility of a source and believing misinformation predates google. It just spreads faster now.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:41 PM

37,133 posts, read 41,343,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
"Getting the vaccine will greatly reduce the risks of getting cancer."

This cannot possibly be true.

There are what, over 100 HPV viruses and innumerable variants of those viruses.

Last I read, the shot contains ONLY FOUR of them.
Not only can it possibly be true, it is true.

Most of the other strains do not count. They are not associated with cancers.

Human Papillomaviruses and Cancer - National Cancer Institute

"At least 15 high-risk HPV types have been identified, including HPV types 16 and 18. These two types of HPV together cause about 70 percent of all cases of cervical cancer. In addition, infection with high-risk HPVs, mainly HPV type 16, causes about 85 percent of anal cancers.

Some oropharyngeal cancers are also caused by HPV infection—almost exclusively by HPV 16.
The proportion of oropharyngeal cancers caused by HPV is likely to vary according to geographic region. Studies are under way to evaluate this question.

Types 16 and 18 are in Gardasil and Cervarix. They provide protection against 70% of cervical cancer, 85% of anal cancer, and almost all HPV associated throat and mouth cancer.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,221,051 times
Quote:
MY research began years before I found out I was pregnant with our first child back in late '83. It was done the hardcopy way, ya know, with books.

You were researching the HPV vaccine before 1983?

Work on the vaccine didn't even begin until the mid '80's. (My research. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Old 02-03-2012, 04:53 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times
Quote:
Dr. Diane Harper, a Medical School Professor which received grants from the makers of HPV Vaccine says the vaccine "is being way, oversold."

She changed her mind when the extreme lobbying began, to force schoolkids to get the shots.

Dr. Harper said,
"Ninety-five percent of women who are infected with HPV never, ever get cervical cancer," she says. "It seemed very odd to be mandating something for which 95 percent of infections never amount to anything."
The story about her, here....

HPV Vaccine: The Science Behind The Controversy | WBUR & NPR
Merck quit lobbying in 2007 for schools to require the vaccination.

Merck Suspends Lobbying for Vaccine

Old 02-03-2012, 05:01 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,533,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Merck quit lobbying in 2007 for schools to require the vaccination.

Merck Suspends Lobbying for Vaccine

Thank you for this confirmation. This makes governors like my own, beloved state's "Perry" even more peculiar and guilty! Dang him.....he sure did push the thing later than that. The newsstory about him doing so, and getting himself "put in his place" by the citizens of Texas broke in the news much more recently than '07.

Makes me wonder just WHO and what got Perry to make such a huge mistake.

Nope, am correcting myself. Perry indeed signed the EO of his way back in '07! He, however was in the news since then, and on several occasions because of the bruhaha over it, and rightly so.

Merck did a lot of damage with their lobbying by '07, obviously.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Not only can it possibly be true, it is true.

Most of the other strains do not count. They are not associated with cancers.

Human Papillomaviruses and Cancer - National Cancer Institute

"At least 15 high-risk HPV types have been identified, including HPV types 16 and 18. These two types of HPV together cause about 70 percent of all cases of cervical cancer. In addition, infection with high-risk HPVs, mainly HPV type 16, causes about 85 percent of anal cancers.

Some oropharyngeal cancers are also caused by HPV infection—almost exclusively by HPV 16. The proportion of oropharyngeal cancers caused by HPV is likely to vary according to geographic region. Studies are under way to evaluate this question.

Types 16 and 18 are in Gardasil and Cervarix. They provide protection against 70% of cervical cancer, 85% of anal cancer, and almost all HPV associated throat and mouth cancer.
It also remains just as True that many have died from the thing and many other young girls have had their lives damaged PERMANENTLY.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:17 PM

37,133 posts, read 41,343,367 times
Quote:
It also remains just as True that many have died from the thing and many other young girls have had their lives damaged PERMANENTLY.
There are no confirmed deaths or serious injuries due to HPV vaccines. Internet stories do not count.

CDC - Reports of Health Concerns Following HPV Vaccination - Vaccine Safety

"As of September 15, 2011, there have been a total 71 VAERS reports of death among those who have received Gardasil®. There were 57 reports among females, 3 were among males, and 11 were reports of unknown gender. Thirty four of the total death reports have been confirmed and 37 remain unconfirmed due to no identifiable patient information in the report such as a name and contact information to confirm the report. A death report is confirmed (verified) after a medical doctor reviews the report and any associated records. In the 34 reports confirmed, there was no unusual pattern or clustering to the deaths that would suggest that they were caused by the vaccine and some reports indicated a cause of death unrelated to vaccination."

Old 02-03-2012, 05:18 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,581,256 times
Quote:
Where is the proof of this, and by proof I mean peer-reviewed scientific research (by like a medical doctor), and not a Youtube video.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Where is the proof of this, and by proof I mean peer-reviewed scientific research (by like a medical doctor), and not a Youtube video.

New FDA Records Obtained by Judicial Watch Indicate 28 Deaths Related to Gardasil in 2008 | Judicial Watch

Old 02-03-2012, 05:37 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,581,256 times
"Judicial Watch" recorded data directly from VAERS. Stating that these are "FDA Records" is a gross distortion. The details are entered into VAERS by anyone, that does not make them "FDA Records" however much you want that to be so. As has already been stated numerous times, VAERS is a passive recording system. This linked article is so grossly innacurate I should be laughing, but honestly it makes me steaming mad as people don't understand it's an irresponsible misrepresentation of the truth, and most importantly people are making health decisions for their children using articles such as this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting