Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 10:57 AM

4 posts, read 3,347 times

Advertisements

My husband and I had a great relationship or so I thought. His kids and I seemed to get along very well, I made it as comfortable for them as much as I could. Then his oldest son who didn't like being told by his mother what to do and not do moved in. His father had no bounderies for him as he wanted to be his best friend. This kid is no longer a child he is a 23 year old man, who still calls his father "daddy". He would call his father and say I was being mean to him, and at one point I had no idea why the kid was crying until my now ex husband came home yelling at me for being mean to his son. Whenever my husband and I fought he would allow his two sons to be part of the argument. My husband would stop talking to me, one time it was for 3 months. I tried to talk to him during that time but he would just be on the attack. The last straw for me was when his 23 year old son intorduced him to a 30 year oldHwoman and proclaimed she was way better then me. I left. When I left my husband made no attempts to get in touch with me, and neither did I with him. His son told him he was better off without me as well as he said to his father if he brought me back to the house there would be problems between them. So my husband filed for divorce. Two months prior to the divorce I got in touch with him, and we discussed just surface stuff. He said he didn't want to argue with me about his kids, but he wanted to date me. He said he still had feelings for me, but that I walked out and ended the marriage. I said to him how I felt he had shoved me out the door. At one point he had said what would we need to do to get back together, and I said marriage counceling and that I would not move back. Then two weeks later he said he thougth about it and decided he didn't need counceling, and that it was over. Again he said it was just to pick on his kids and get him to hate them, which wasn't the caseHSo he divorced me. While we were at court for the divorce he wanted to sit next to me and hold hands. It was and still is very confussing. I just want to know if this was a sign of him being confussed and will he ever wake up and come knocking on my door. Right now that's what I want but who knows down the road. We are not talking once again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 11:31 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
Why in the world would you want him back?

Old 01-28-2015, 12:06 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Paragraphs are your friend.

None of us knows what is going on in his mind. Sounds like too much drama to me.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:18 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,890,797 times
Sounds like you are much better off in the long run. Perhaps personal therapy for you to examine the relationship and plan for your future.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:03 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,906,071 times
The guy sounds like a loser. Good riddance. I think you can do better but you need to think more highly of yourself and not put up with sh*t. It also sounds like you didn't know this guy very long before marrying him, but I could be reading inhto things.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:11 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Paragraphs are your friend.

None of us knows what is going on in his mind. Sounds like too much drama to me.
Thank you for making me spit out my vegan nugget .

Old 01-28-2015, 04:20 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times
he still wants to date, to play hide the sausage,,,,nothing more

sounds like he lets his son rule his life and that wont change

you need to clear the air- like taking a good dump- flush him,,,and look elsewhere

Old 01-28-2015, 04:20 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,876,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara E View Post

While we were at court for the divorce he wanted to sit next to me and hold hands. It was and still is very confussing. I just want to know if this was a sign of him being confussed and will he ever wake up and come knocking on my door. Right now that's what I want but who knows down the road. We are not talking once again.
If he's easily "confused" like this, consider it a favor. And if he shows up @ your door... don't open it. Because that's just inviting trouble back in your life.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:50 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,319,034 times
If this is a real situation, consider this: He promised to love, honor, cherish you. Did he?

Did he honor you above all others? and vice versa.

Far be it from me to advise but whatever you do I wish you the best.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:53 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,572,579 times
Why on earth would you want to live with a man like this?

I hope this is a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting