Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:29 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,528,150 times

Advertisements

Not really sure where to put this, parenting seems the right fit since someone had to teach this little boy this horrible song.

I can't believe that any parent would think this was ok. Then to top it off, hoot and holler then yell, "that's my boy!"

This just sickens me

Boy, 4, sings anti-gay hymn in Indiana church
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 05:43 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
sad

Old 05-30-2012, 05:51 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Children don't instinctively hate, they have to be taught.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:58 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,168,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Children don't instinctively hate, they have to be taught.
I agree.

How sad for that child.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:06 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,108,088 times
You've got to be carefully taught

Mandy Patinkin - South Pacific - Carefully Taught - YouTube

Old 05-30-2012, 06:09 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,108,088 times
Mathew Morrison's version:

You've Got To Be Carefully Taught - Matthew Morrison & Paulo Szot (South Pacific) - YouTube

Old 05-30-2012, 07:27 PM

970 posts, read 2,214,334 times
That video will be on the internet forever and the boy will always be "that boy who sang the gay hate song." Way to go parents.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:00 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,691,736 times
Why people do this to their children is beyond my understanding. But, look on the bright side - he may end up like Madalyn Murray O'Hair's son, rejecting the violently adamant parental teachings for his own path...
The Son of Atheist Leader Madalyn Murray O'hair Turns Away from Mother?to God : People.com

It's funny how kids react to their parents' over-the-top teachings when they become adults. He might even <gasp> discover that he's gay...

I don't have a problem with anyone believing anything they choose - fact is, though, far too many people believe things only because they think that holding those beliefs makes them 'superior' to the other humans around them. If you desperately need that feeling of superiority and empowerment, you are truly pathetic. You'll do whatever you are told, and are easily manipulated, if promised 'salvation' or 'redemption' or even 'power and glory'. That is where the true evil lies - that gullible, powerless people can be made to do anything to feel empowered... and will raise their kids to be the same way. Instead of learning how to control themselves, discipline themselves, and achieve everything they can with the talents and intellect that they have been given, thereby permanently giving themselves power in their own lives and dominion over themselves, they 'go for the small' - the easy, cheap, emotionally-driven, and ultimately self-destructive route of trying to dominate and control others.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:23 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,488,627 times
Reminds me of those Westboro church fanatic nuts that protest soldiers funerals and spew anti gay rhetoric at every opportunity. I watched a documentary about that family, and was struck with how they brainwash their kids starting from birth. Instead of nursery rhymes and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, they teach them songs like this, and worse. Their little children even participate in their protests, which get violent, hateful, and ugly. When the interviewer asked the children a question, they would spout off all this nasty, hateful monologue that had obviously been drilled into their heads. I felt sorry for them, and this little boy as well. They aren't taught to think for themselves, aren't allowed to have their own thoughts and feelings. Either he'll grow up to be a brainwashed robot, or hopefully, rebel and go completely opposite of what he's being taught.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:21 PM

701 posts, read 1,563,641 times
What a disgusting mindset his parents, and his church, have taught this innocent little boy. I can only hope that he will grow up, violently reject his parents' ignorance, and apologize for not knowing the power behind this "hymn".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting