Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 11:56 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times

Advertisements

Ok my mom takes care of two kids all day every day. One is like 2 so he's chill and the other one is like 4 months old.

The 4 month old does not stop screaming! Not even crying, just screaming. Screams when he's being held, when he's laying down, when he's sitting in the stroller.

I live at home and work from home and I'm about to kill myself.

Fortunately, I'm not a parent, so I don't have a full-time job of taking care of one of these screaming puke machines. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get this baby to stop screaming. I wouldn't even care if he cried all day, it's better than his ear drum piercing screams. They physically make your ears hurt.

Parents here on CD, any suggestions?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 12:02 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,650,473 times
A four month old constantly screaming needs to see a doctor to rule out a medical problem. I know there are fussy babies and babies who cry often, but a baby who screams all day needs to be seen by a doctor.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:02 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
screaming puke machines.
Dude! Little change of attitude maybe?

He's obviously crying for a reason. Hungry? Sick? He knows he's stuck with someone who considers him a screaming puke machine?

Old 07-12-2012, 12:04 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Find yourself another place to live since it is not your problem. It is your mother's.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:09 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Ok my mom takes care of two kids all day every day. One is like 2 so he's chill and the other one is like 4 months old.

The 4 month old does not stop screaming! Not even crying, just screaming. Screams when he's being held, when he's laying down, when he's sitting in the stroller.

Fortunately, I'm not a parent, so I don't have a full-time job of taking care of one of these screaming puke machines. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get this baby to stop screaming. I wouldn't even care if he cried all day, it's better than his ear drum piercing screams. They physically make your ears hurt.

Parents here on CD, any suggestions?!?!
4 month old babies should not be screaming 24/7. There is something WRONG with the baby and your mother should insist that the baby be taken to the doctor to see what the heck is wrong with it.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-12-2012, 12:16 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
I agree completely - a 4 month old screaming all day has a problem.

Since you are the one with the problem with this child, you need to make yourself scarce during the day - as in get a job in an office; take your home-business to the library or rent a garage. It's not your problem.

BTW, you have done it - I now have agreed with 20yrs for the 2nd time. This is starting a trend.

And DewDrop is 100% correct - you have a problem, OP if you don't have compassion for this little tyke in some kind of distress.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:21 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Dude! Little change of attitude maybe?

He's obviously crying for a reason. Hungry? Sick? He knows he's stuck with someone who considers him a screaming puke machine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Find yourself another place to live since it is not your problem. It is your mother's.

Yeah... both of those!

Old 07-12-2012, 12:48 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,217,846 times
Quote:

Something is wrong with this child, no child this age should be crying all of the time. And, something is wrong with your mother that she either feels this crying is alright and/or has not asked the parent of the child to take this poor baby to the doctor.

Quote:
I'd say find a new job but no one should hire you based on your lack of resourcefulness -- if it bothers you that much, move out -- yet this has not occurred to you. Your lack of empathy is icing on the cake.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:54 PM

506 posts, read 1,956,722 times
1. If you're still living with your parent's, maybe this is a sign that it's time to be a grown up and move out.

2. I concur with that baby needing to see a doctor. My sister used to scream at the top of her lungs. From pretty much the day she was born onwards, my mom knew something was up, and had suspicions it had to do with hearing, but the doctors brushed her off as a paranoid mom. Finally, after months of holding her ground and persisting, they took her seriously and did a hearing test. My sister was found to have been born profoundly deaf. We're fortunate that my mom followed her instincts... she was diagnosed early, received first hearing aids, then qualified for a cochlear implant, and today, 12 years later, she is just like any other preteen girl. Unless you were told, you'd never know she was deaf.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:14 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
Maybe your mom is babysitting to make you want to move out

My daughter screamed all the time as an infant. She had an inguinal hernia. My dad heard the screaming over the phone one night and said that's what his little sister sounded like before her hernia repair. We went to the pediatrician, got a referral to a surgeon, and had the hernia repairs done the next week. I had no idea she had the problem until my dad suggested we check for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting