Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 08:07 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
most parents would plan ahead- keep the child busy- take her for a walk-read a book..etc. kids are kids..
Most parents? I can remember when I had to go to the laundromat, usually when the washer wasn't working or the cat had thrown up on the comforter and it wouldn't fit into my machine. You're lucky to get out of the house with the clothes, the laundry, the detergent, the bleach, the fabric softener and the kid. If you're lucky, there's some toy in the car you can offer her. Many laundromats don't like you to leave for a walk (though there were two of them), and if it's busy you shouldn't leave or you'll never get a dryer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 06:42 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
LIke I said before, that is entirely probable.

But you know the saying about walking a mile in another man's shoes.
Never judge another until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then it won't matter, because you'll be a mile away, and you'll have his shoes.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:00 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Never judge another until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then it won't matter, because you'll be a mile away, and you'll have his shoes.
No one is a perfect parent 100% of the time.

We train animals, who have less cognition than a baby. The issue is expecting behavior that is beyond the developmental stage. A toddler can't sit still for an hour. Don't expect it. It sets everyone up for fail.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:43 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Parents raised kids just fine without the internet and books. I think the net and books are part of what is causing parents to become crazy lol
I agree. The best thing is to get to know your child as the individual he or she is. Don't view them as paragraph 6 or 13 in some book. The authors of those books and articles never met your child.

And I think you can discuss and explain things to a toddler. I don't believe in discipline when a child isn't intentionally "bad". Curiousity isn't bad, playfulness isn't bad. Small kids understand more than people realize.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:52 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
MSPLove...I got a real sad feeling reading your post...I see so much of that...poor little gal just needs some guidance and understanding, something I guess her parents just aren`t into...very sad...I hate that a little girl is being told she`s bad, when she's just being a sweet little curious baby, and if her parents keep saying that to her all the time she'll probably come to believe it.

Last edited by purehuman; 05-13-2013 at 05:17 PM..

Old 05-16-2013, 12:29 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,411,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
MSPLove...I got a real sad feeling reading your post...I see so much of that...poor little gal just needs some guidance and understanding, something I guess her parents just aren`t into...very sad...I hate that a little girl is being told she`s bad, when she's just being a sweet little curious baby, and if her parents keep saying that to her all the time she'll probably come to believe it.
I know, I wanted to tell her "You Is Good, You Is Smart, You Is Important"...
In a strange way, I found her to be more wise than her parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting