Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 04:32 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Am I confrontational? Yes! But ONLY when originally confronted at least in real life. Does this kid have my genes? No! He is not blood related to me so he does not exhibit all the bad characteristics you guys will bring here.
Being confrontational can be a learned behavior. He has seen you attack other people and get into fights with them. It doesn't matter if he isn't related to you by blood, if you are someone he looks up to he might try to be like you.

Quote:
I must however say I'm no longer fond of his daddy but I keep him away from our tomfoolery. We typically fight during working hours when he is at school. When we fight that is!
This could also be part of the problem then. He is living in a home with some woman that doesn't like his dad. There is probably a lot of tension in the house, and this is something kids can pick up on.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:39 PM

687 posts, read 1,493,712 times
If your stepson is just 4 and has already gone through a divorce and remarriage, then his life to this point hasn't been particularly stable. You've never answered the question if he is being hurt in the course of rough play, or if he is being deliberately hurt. If the only problem is Jason, instruct your stepson and the school that they aren't to play together. Teaching your child to be an ass and say hurtful things to other children, especially if he is smaller and more sensitive than the other children, is a REALLY bad move. You're basically guaranteeing him outsider status. If he has other friends, encourage those relationships. What your child needs is help making friends, not enemies. And for God's sake, don't send him to school with $130 sunglasses!

Old 10-04-2013, 04:41 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,944,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Reading is fundamental. I already said Jason''s mother is promiscous so he has a MYRIAD AKA MULTIPLE of step dads walking in & out of his life. And his own father is absent. Look in the mirror you can not read & comprehend you are the troll here, jumping into threads & drawing conclusions without understanding
Not confused at all. My original advice was to change daycare centers. It wasn't until you added embellishments that my troll radar went up. Promiscuous parents? And, you know this how? $130.00 sunglasses for a child? Screwed up. I don't care how pricy a daycare center is if the children aren't safe there.

And Jason's home life doesn't sound much more dysfunctional then your own stepchild's. If you are no longer "fond" of his father, then do them both a favor and move on. Maybe you'll like you new neighbors better.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:27 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,486,721 times
I'm still stuck on a grown adult taunting a child about his home life and telling him his parents don't love him. Who does that?

And if that's the advice you are giving your 4 year old stepson, then what does he think about HIMSELF and his own broken family?

Sounds like this kid has more problems at home than he does at daycare.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:29 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,213,194 times
Yes you need to get out of this situation as soon as possible. Any further involvement in this child and his father's life will only be negative.

If not, please put the child first and follow the many good people here who have said to move this child to another daycare yesterday. I don't care how "good" it is, it's not good for him. Then please go to the library and pick up all the books you can find on parenting. Teaching this child to badmouth others is the height of irresponsibility and shows you need a bit more of educating than is possible here on a forum. Good luck.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:36 PM

6,457 posts, read 7,790,414 times
I think you should teach your son some good curse words and send him in packing heat. Or in the very least some pepper spray.

That's what I did for my kid. He sprayed the bejesus out of Johnny. That little punk was puking for hrs! Proudest day of my life. Oh, and I also taught him to **** on Johnny while he's writhing on the ground due to the pepper spray. We then went to Johnny's parents house and demanded they give us $10k for the diamond earring that Johnny tore out of my kid's ear.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:48 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,136,831 times
Is it possible that your son is misinterpreting accidently bumps and near misses as being beaten and hit?

Four year olds are very self centered and some may view any accident as something done on purpose. Maybe Bobby accidently came down the slide too close ---"Bobby kicked me".
Maybe Jenny didn't catch a ball thrown to her and it hit the child ----"Jenny tried to hurt me with a ball".
Maybe the kids were walking in line and Joey stopped suddenly----"Joey hit me".
Maybe Harry turned quickly and bumped into the child----"Harry punched me".

Also, some children really over react. I have the situation in the classroom where I'm substitute teaching. We hear "MJ (not real name) hit me" or "MJ bumped me" or "MJ called me names" perhaps 150 or 200 times a day from Aaron (not real name). Well, maybe it is true 5 or maybe even 10 times a day (a tiny accidental bump or brush against Aaron's arm) but Aaron screams in pain dozens and dozens of times each day. Sometimes MJ isn't even standing within 10 feet of Aaron and we hear "MJ kicked me!"

I know that Aaron goes home and tells his parents that MJ is kicking, hitting and punching him all day long. Thank heavens, Aaron's parents understands that he really, really over reacts and exaggerates things.

A third possibility is that there is a child or children with special needs in the preschool and your child does occasionally get hit or scratched, even though the teachers try to prevent it. Because of confidentiality the teachers can not say that it is a child with special needs, but I am sure that they are working to improve that child's behavior. Just something else to consider.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:51 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,385,247 times
I apologize if this is a real post.

My advice is short and sweet. Move the boy to a new school and separate the 2 boys as soon as you can. This is not an issue of money, since you can afford expensive apparel for your step child. This is what will be best for the children. I would also talk with both of your step child's bio parents as this seems to be spiraling out of control.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:08 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,011,351 times
I agree with all the others, time to find a new daycare if indeed your son is having issues. Also, don't teach your son to be a bully! Teach him to defend himself. He's 4, enroll him in karate or something that will help him be more confident and stay out of bad situations while at the same time being able to defend himself.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:19 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Also, I really need to know what a "tardy" remark is.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting