Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 12:03 AM

26 posts, read 28,857 times

Advertisements

I have to happen to be with two my kids, a boy, aged 2, and a daughter, aged 5, for 3 weeks because my wife needed to go to college for skill upgrade and she moved to another location.

I tell you what I have all the respect on earth for such women who carry their kids into life, especially without a support from a male partner. That's a daily ordeal.

God bless you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 11:09 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,593 times
Wow and DH can not get through a 4hr block every 4 months ( craft day at the neighbors) Well you are being an awesome Husband and Daddy.Your children will learn from ,what you are doing for your wife. Keep on doing what you are doing and have fun.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:17 PM

26 posts, read 28,857 times
Thanks! I will start to really appreciate what she does for the kids all by herself even when I'm off to work connecting pipes.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:03 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Thanks for the kudos.

To me, it's a shame when dads don't understand that "father" means "parent," not "occasional babysitter."

I see a lot of families where the dad is like another kid who ends up having to be told by the mom, his wife, to "watch the kids."

That dynamic really confuses children and sets up a passive-aggressive pattern in the couple.

My hat goes off to all parents who try as hard as they can.

Old 10-22-2013, 07:45 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,758,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Thanks for the kudos.

To me, it's a shame when dads don't understand that "father" means "parent," not "occasional babysitter."

I see a lot of families where the dad is like another kid who ends up having to be told by the mom, his wife, to "watch the kids."

That dynamic really confuses children and sets up a passive-aggressive pattern in the couple.

Yep. Sounds like my husband. I have to give him "chores" to do because he cant seem to manage to grasp what needs to be done in the house. Gosh forbid he keeps an eye on our son without me asking. His head is too stuck in his phone or handheld game.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:55 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
Quote:
Thanks for the kudos.

Thats how my daughter's father was when we were together, I had to beg him to look after her while I popped to the corner shop or took a shower but after I had left him I ended up in the hospital and he had to look after her for 3 weeks by himself. He realised then how much he missed out on by not being a real parent and now he relishes every moment he gets with her. I bet if a lot of those dads who don't get involved much would be forced to then they would realise that as well.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:02 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,369,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Thats how my daughter's father was when we were together, I had to beg him to look after her while I popped to the corner shop or took a shower but after I had left him I ended up in the hospital and he had to look after her for 3 weeks by himself. He realised then how much he missed out on by not being a real parent and now he relishes every moment he gets with her. I bet if a lot of those dads who don't get involved much would be forced to then they would realise that as well.

Natsku,don't give me an idea, this is a hot topic in our house right now.
Hats off to the OP for not only stepping up but also appreciating and recognizing how hard parents work.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:15 AM

2,612 posts, read 5,586,143 times
Quote:
Thanks for the kudos.

I think it's hilarious that any time my husband has to watch my son he calls it "babysitting." Like he's the teenager from down the street who's just here for a few hours.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:21 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,369,306 times
Is it wrong that I'm going to wait a few days for this thread to grow and then print it off for my husband to read? Any wagers he still won't "get' it?

Old 10-22-2013, 09:26 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
Is it wrong that I'm going to wait a few days for this thread to grow and then print it off for my husband to read? Any wagers he still won't "get' it?
Not wrong at all. If he does end up "getting" it then he will thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting