Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 11:55 AM

10 posts, read 13,496 times

Advertisements

I know many may say my son is an adult so I shouldn't worry but I do. To start off my son is 22 and dating a girl that's 22...who already has 3 kids!

They've been dating a little over a year and the times she and her brood have been over she won't talk to me and she looks like she lost a fight with a tackle box; she has really ugly piercings in her face and lip and her right arm is a sleeve of ugly tattoos. When I ask her a question she always has one word answers and her kids (7, 5 and 16 months) are into everything and don't behave. I really don't see what my son sees in this girl but she has bad new written all over her. For one she is a HS drop out, dropped out at 16 after having her first at 15, now she works at dollar general and all of her kids have different fathers.

There is one silver lining, due to some issues she's been having she got a partial hysterectomy 2 months ago. I know that may sound mean but it's a good thing she can't have more kids and I don't have to worry about my son becoming baby daddy #4!

I have talked to my son and he says she's really great even with the kids and my son is in college for Engineering and I am SO worried this girl and her children will drag my son down. I just KNOW my son can do SO much better than this tramp!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 11:58 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times
How do you know she actually had the partial hysterectomy ??

It could just be a line she is feeding your son...

Good Luck...

Old 11-24-2015, 12:02 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,310,182 times
Hopefully she has some redeeming qualities that your son sees in her. He is 22 and is a adult and is able to make his own choices. I also don't blame you one bit. I would tell her next time she is in your home that she needs to make her kids behave. Or better yet have your son tell her.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:04 PM

10 posts, read 13,496 times
Oh she got it done, my son took her to get it done and picked her up.

I know looks aren't everything but when one looks like a marilyn manson reject something is off.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:08 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Thank god for the hysterectomy. As for your son...who knows? He's old enough to pick a mate though. He might be rebelling some. Ignore it. Be as nice as you can to the gf and hope he comes to his senses.

You do seem focused on looks. The piercings, the tattoos, the look of one child. Maybe she senses it and feels uncomfortable with you? If someone was thinking those things about me I am sure I'd notice and feel uncomfortable.

Clearly she isn't going to win an award for best life decisions made...but she might not be that bad. You got to trust your son some.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:24 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Maybe she only briefly talks to you because she can feel your disdain for her.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:35 PM

769 posts, read 830,429 times
At least you wont have to worry about grandkids. Let your son have his fun.

And yes, you are absolutely right, it's none of your business and you shouldnt worry about it. Butt out.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:27 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concernedmom825 View Post
I am SO worried this girl and her children will drag my son down. I just KNOW my son can do SO much better than this tramp!
Dang, lady. Back off.

You raised him. Don't you trust your son to figure this out? The more you try to push him away from her, the more he will resent YOU.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:48 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
I don't know a single engineering student who has the time to carry on a deep relationship, much less one with strings (such as children).

Old 11-24-2015, 01:51 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I don't know a single engineering student who has the time to carry on a deep relationship, much less one with strings (such as children).
I know, very closely, an engineering student at a top college who had plenty of time to party, travel, date, etc and still managed to graduate with good marks.

I don't think college is as hard now as when I was young lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting