Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 12:11 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,595,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHaer View Post
My son is 3 years old and he'll start coming to stay with me during the weekend. We would cry in the first few times because he's so attached to his mother but now he's very excited whenever he comes to my house.

However, that also creates a problem to me. How to be intimate with one of the 3 women I'm casually meeting right now if he stays during the weekend?

Sure they can come on a week day but it's not the same thing, we all work and have other things to take care of. Nobody enjoys a 20 minute quicky as a basis. I like bringing them home and having plenty of time to relax, take a bath together and spend the whole night in bed.

Will I basically have to cancel my sex life? If so, I'm sure I'll get as grumpy as my father.

Hello~ From all indications, it really sounds like your not ready or up to being a father, even a weekend one, otherwise you not even have to ask such a thing.... It's your child time, be an adult! As for your sex life, it be there, unlike your child....

Last edited by Jaded; 12-21-2013 at 11:06 PM..

Old 12-20-2013, 12:19 PM

26 posts, read 34,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
What time does he go to bed?
Between 9 and 9.30 during weekdays. He usually stays up later during the weekend, perhaps 10.30 at most.

Quote:
I'm guessing you're not close enough to these women you're seeing that having them around in the evenings wouldn't be odd. Like, inviting a woman around dinner, when your son is winding down for the night, so that you can be with her once he's sleeping.
We would have to be really quiet because I can't obviously leave the house.

I don't understand much about children but I would say he's going to wake up a lot during the first few nights because he isn't used to a different room. His mother went through a hard time to get him to sleep on his own for a start.

Quote:
What does his mother do? Are you on speaking terms enough that you can ask her for advice? My sister and her daughter's father aren't together, but they're friendly enough that they can help each other figure out parenting issues like this. In fact, maybe you could ask this question in the parenting forum.
What does she do regarding what? Yes, we're on speaking terms when it comes to anything related to the little boy but I wouldn't want to ask her for advice in such a personal matter. She wouldn't be too pleased if I mentioned other women and our son in the same story, especially after what happened between us.

Thanks for the suggestion. How can the thread be moved to the parenting forum? Or do I have to make a new one?

Old 12-20-2013, 12:21 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
He's 3 and in kindergarten?

Old 12-20-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
He's 3 and in kindergarten?
Yes, do you find it strange? Around here kids go to kindergarten between 3 and 6 years old. He went to day care before.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:27 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,443,518 times
Quote:
Between 9 and 9.30 during weekdays. He usually stays up later during the weekend, perhaps 10.30 at most.

We would have to be really quiet because I can't obviously leave the house.

I don't understand much about children but I would say he's going to wake up a lot during the first few nights because he isn't used to a different room. His mother went through a hard time to get him to sleep on his own for a start.

What does she do regarding what? Yes, we're on speaking terms when it comes to anything related to the little boy but I wouldn't want to ask her for advice in such a personal matter. She wouldn't be too pleased if I mentioned other women and our son in the same story, especially after what happened between us.

Thanks for the suggestion. How can the thread be moved to the parenting forum? Or do I have to make a new one?
you don't know understand much about children? how long has it been since you've seen him? I don't understand this whole thread. you shouldn't even be worrying about your sex life right now. your child comes first. yes you will have to give up a lot of your free time and be a parent not a playboy..

Old 12-20-2013, 12:35 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,809,158 times
Quote:
I really don't know where you people live but going to kindergarten at 3 is the standard age here. I went to one as well...and that was many years ago.
Not sure where you are, but most posters here are in the US and Canada. In the US, it varies by state but kindergarten starts at age 5 or 6 and is only one year. It's part of the public school system. Then it's first grade, second, etc. Before kindergarten, parents are responsible for their child's care (some stay at home, some go to pre-school, some go to daycare, etc).

Like I said, you are a parent now and you are going to have to make changes. You didn't say if the child's mother has him every other weekend or not. If she does, you have him 3 days out of every 10. In those 3 days spend your time with your son when you have him and forget the women--you can spend the other 7 days with them. You will just have to adjust your schedule. You will find, as a parent, you will have to do that a lot.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Not sure where you are, but most posters here are in the US and Canada. In the US, it varies by state but kindergarten starts at age 5 or 6 and is only one year. It's part of the public school system. Then it's first grade, second, etc. Before kindergarten, parents are responsible for their child's care (some stay at home, some go to pre-school, some go to daycare, etc).
Ah, in Europe it's very common for kindergarten to start at age 3. It's obviously a very light type of pre-school at first. He went to daycare when he was almost 2 and before that both his grandmothers took care of him during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Like I said, you are a parent now and you are going to have to make changes. You didn't say if the child's mother has him every other weekend or not. If she does, you have him 3 days out of every 10. In those 3 days spend your time with your son when you have him and forget the women--you can spend the other 7 days with them. You will just have to adjust your schedule. You will find, as a parent, you will have to do that a lot.
Right now she has him every weekend. He usually comes here on Saturday afternoon but then returns to his mother's house.

Of course when I'm with him I'm really with him. I don't have anyone else at home when he's around apart from the occasional male friend who comes to pay a visit.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:47 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,012,374 times
Quote:
Ah, in Europe it's very common for kindergarten to start at age 3. It's obviously a very light type of pre-school at first. He went to daycare when he was almost 2 and before

Ah, where in Europe is this? Generally they start later than the US.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ah, where in Europe is this? Generally they start later than the US.
It's in Germany. Later? I don't think so. Almost every kid here goes to kindergarten at age 3 and to daycare between 6 months and one year old.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:54 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Aunties? I don't have to explain anything because he's not going to meet them. It's hard enough already to explain to him why his mother and aren't together like his little friends parents.
I don't understand. Your OP is asking how to be with these women while your son is in your home. But you say he'll never meet them? Were you planning on sneaking them in through your bedroom window? Or leaving the child alone while you and one of the women take time out at a hotel?

Last edited by Jaded; 12-21-2013 at 11:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting