Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 04:49 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times

Advertisements

remove all the guns in your house

take him to counseling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 01:35 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
Well I'll tell you what...
Last night, he and I spoke. No yelling, no screaming, just talking. Did we resolve everything? No. Did we reach a better understanding of each other? Yes. We can agree to disagree on some issues - there's no good guy, there's no bad guy - but I did suggest he try some thiengs that are therapeutic, in the form of his favorite hobbies. He agreed and it's calm for now.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:26 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Well I'll tell you what...
Last night, he and I spoke. No yelling, no screaming, just talking. Did we resolve everything? No. Did we reach a better understanding of each other? Yes. We can agree to disagree on some issues - there's no good guy, there's no bad guy - but I did suggest he try some thiengs that are therapeutic, in the form of his favorite hobbies. He agreed and it's calm for now.
Good to hear, Rick! :-)

Old 06-07-2014, 11:14 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,290,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
What have I done? I've yelled, I've grounded, I've revoked privileges. My dad used to beat my ass AND holler at me. As I've said, I've spanked when the kids were small. He has anger issues and wants to fight; I had anger issues and wanted to lash out when I was a kid. I took it too far and my dad decked the **** out of me! Taught me a thing or two!
Sometimes with boys/men, you have to give them a bit of "tough love". Get madder than they are - yell louder than they are yelling, take them out to the woodshed, etc.

Or "set your limits". Don't allow him to go beyond a certain point PERIOD - hold your ground! (Basically certain things are unacceptable and WILL NOT be tolerated.)

If all else fails, threaten to take away the cell phone, video games, and TV! (This may be considered cruel and unusual punishment!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting