Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 06:30 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,826 times

Advertisements

-Girlfriend stay with her parents, he stays with you. That way she can spend quality time with her family, and him with yours

-You respect his stance, he respects yours and they continue to stay with her family and you see them for a few hours

-You cave in and give up your morals by giving into what he wants

-He caves in and give up his morals by giving into what you want

But i'm seeing no disrespect here.

He's honoring your morals by not sleeping with his gf in the same bed in your house.

45 pages though?

What happened to the OP?

Old 06-30-2014, 06:31 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,178,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
But her son isn't asking her to do that. He made a statement about what his conditions are for staying at her home.

She gave him her terms and he gave her his. They don't agree. Neither one wants to budge, and neither one should be forced to. As a result, she has less time with her son and is upset. He does not appear to be upset by it at all.

Do you think an adult child should be required to sleep at his mother's home and spend a specific amount of time when he visits, whether he wants to or not, just to please his mother?
No I don't and I already stated that she would have to deal with the consequences since she has a stubborn child. No one is required to spend a certain amount of time with anyone. But it's sad when you can't respect someone's morals (even if they are not your own) long enough to spend time with your family. Again....I wouldn't put someone in the position to choose between me or their values.

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post

What happened to the OP?

She didn't get the responses she was expecting and took off

Last edited by Jaded; 06-30-2014 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: calling poster a Troll

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
It is valid argument because in both cases the parents already have rules established for their house based on their moral code and are being asked to violate them to appease their child.
The OP is not being asked to violate her morals. Since they aren't staying at her house, they are honoring her wishes. The mother having morals doesn't change that adult children aren't required to stay at their parents' houses. My parents didn't stay at my paternal grandparents house when we visited. We always stayed at a hotel.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:32 PM
PJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Then she has to deal with her son not staying there, and its nobody's fault but her own.
Again...how many times will have I said that she will have to deal with it?

Old 06-30-2014, 06:33 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
I only got through about page 15 before posting. What did I miss that made people start trashing the girlfriend as some two-bit skank?

Old 06-30-2014, 06:33 PM
PJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
The OP is not being asked to violate her morals. Since they aren't staying at her house, they are honoring her wishes. The mother having morals doesn't change that adult children aren't required to stay at their parents' houses. My parents didn't stay at my paternal grandparents house when we visited. We always stayed at a hotel.
He asked if his girlfriend could sleep in his room, which is against the OP's morals.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:34 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
No I don't and I already stated that she would have to deal with the consequences since she has a stubborn child. No one is required to spend a certain amount of time with anyone. But it's sad when you can't respect someone's morals (even if they are not your own) long enough to spend time with your family.
He does spend time with his family. He simply isn't sleeping there.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:34 PM

605 posts, read 669,993 times
Honestly I can't blame the OP's son for not wanting to stay the night there if her condition is that his long term girlfriend can't share the same bed with him. Honestly if I was in the same situation I would be tempted to not even visit period.

It seems like the OP is one of those parents who wants to control their kids even into adulthood which will have negative consequences later on if he/she continues this behavior in regards to their relationship.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:35 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times
Quote:
He asked if his girlfriend could sleep in his room, which is against the OP's morals.
He didn't ask anything

" His reply was "And I would like to share bed with my girlfriend" which I quickly told him no! He then said that's the answer I'd get from him!"

That's a quote from the OP's post. There is no question in there. It's a statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting