Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 04:21 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times

Advertisements

The entire video gets me choked up watching it...
Public schools in my opinion, from my experiences......
offer endless opportunities for teachers to get their sick jollies by bullying innocent kids such as this.
And this POS even got the kids to attack her.....

I went through something similar in 3rd. grade...
A hag of an old bit*h teacher dragged me by my hair to the front
of the class for not bringing in my homework on time....
Teachers get away w/ way too much......
There's some sick people out there.

One word-- homeschool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 04:41 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Of course, the sub lost control. Of course, he should not have asked other children to 'help" the girl to the front of the classroom.

But, there were other things that were wrong including these:

If this student was so shy why wasn't there a special notation on the lesson plans telling the sub, teacher that that particular student did not have to follow teacher's directions?

Why was the student allowed to just say "No, I am not going to do that." like every other child in the class is expected to do? (walk to the front of the class to recite or read or whatever)

I wonder if the sub would have sent the child to the principal's office for refusing to follow teacher's directions (refusing to go to the front of the room) the mom would have made a huge fuss about that too?

If the child truly had special needs or special rules just for her then the classroom teacher should also get into trouble for not letting the sub. know about those special needs/special rules/special exemptions.

Again, the sub made a mistake, but IMHO there may have been other mistakes as well.
You are hung up on the idea of anything less than blind obedience on the child's part makes it her fault.

As long as the child was not rude - seperate issue even if she was....and nothing states that she was - ...she did nothing wrong. If she did not full fill the assignment than her grade should reflect that....nothing more.

Last edited by ScarletG; 01-08-2015 at 05:41 PM..

Old 01-08-2015, 04:46 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Of course, the sub lost control. Of course, he should not have asked other children to 'help" the girl to the front of the classroom.

But, there were other things that were wrong including these:

If this student was so shy why wasn't there a special notation on the lesson plans telling the sub, teacher that that particular student did not have to follow teacher's directions?

Why was the student allowed to just say "No, I am not going to do that." like every other child in the class is expected to do? (walk to the front of the class to recite or read or whatever)

I wonder if the sub would have sent the child to the principal's office for refusing to follow teacher's directions (refusing to go to the front of the room) the mom would have made a huge fuss about that too?

If the child truly had special needs or special rules just for her then the classroom teacher should also get into trouble for not letting the sub. know about those special needs/special rules/special exemptions.

Again, the sub made a mistake, but IMHO there may have been other mistakes as well.
Really?! The mom is making a fuss because her daughter was dragged to the front of the room, kicked and slapped? Really?!

Old 01-08-2015, 04:49 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
The entire video gets me choked up watching it...
Public schools in my opinion, from my experiences......
offer endless opportunities for teachers to get their sick jollies by bullying innocent kids such as this.
And this POS even got the kids to attack her.....

I went through something similar in 3rd. grade...
A hag of an old bit*h teacher dragged me by my hair to the front
of the class for not bringing in my homework on time....
Teachers get away w/ way too much......
There's some sick people out there.

One word-- homeschool
No...not hhomeschooling...too few parents actually do it right...leaving theirre kids semi educated and unable to cope....I see too many wash out of college within two semesters. It's not the only answer.

Unless you lock your kids in the house at some point they are going to encounter an unpleasant person....I find it sadly ironic those parents that keep there kids out of the evil schools...only to have the kids sexaully abused someone in their church.

As a parent, you keep a close eye on all parts of your children's lives...you advocate and raise a stink as needed...but you do that with firm grasp on reality and your child's best interest in mind....not your own agenda.

Last edited by ScarletG; 01-08-2015 at 05:42 PM..

Old 01-08-2015, 04:53 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
No...not homeschooli....too few parents actually do it right...leaving there kids semi educated and unable to cope....I see too many wash out of college within two semesters. It's not the only answer.

Unless you lock your kids in the house at some point they are going to encounter an unpleasant person....I find it sadly ironic those parents that keep there kids out of the evil schools...only to have the kids sexaully abused someone in their church.

As a parent, you keep a close eye on all parts of your children's lives...you advocate and raise a stink as needed...but you do that with firm grasp on reality and your child's best interest in mind....not your own agenda.
Wtf.....are you even talking about????

You are seriously so far out of touch with reality I MUST put you on my ignore list from this point forward.

Omg....the cluelessness astounds me....

Homeschool your kids, people.
Take it from someone who did it extraordinarily well....

Old 01-08-2015, 05:21 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
The substitute teacher is a big bully and the only thing he taught any student that day was how to bully another student.

Teacher should be charged not only for inappropriate behavior (bullying) but also for what he "asked" and allowed his students to do.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:45 PM

530 posts, read 667,240 times
Anyone who does anything inappropriate must be punished. Let the punishment fit the crime. Some people are really awful, aren't they?

Old 01-08-2015, 09:38 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,923,183 times
wasn't there recently another video of a teacher dragging a girl into the pool? Good God- kinda makes me wonder what these clueless people do when they are not on camera.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:00 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Whatever chance there was of this girl doing anything like that are probably gone now, and she will probably distrust people her own age after that incident, making it even harder for her. I've seen otherwise happy and bubbly children become reclusive & shy teenagers after a string of bad incidents with people their own age. Definitely the worst possible approach to getting a shy person out of their sell.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:11 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,277,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Because adults now remember abusive teachers from when they were kids and don't buy the excuses any longer.

Nothing wrong with stern...this isn't a stern teacher....this was bullying and abuse. We really not a nations of wimpa because we stand up to bullies like this and for the rights of the weaker.
Exactly! Whether we agree or not, people are speaking up. I've heard stories from schoolmates that suffered from extreme shyness and the torture they went through. They are not afraid to speak up now. I grew up in the 60s.

One friend still remembers a female teacher making one of the kids go around the class on all fours and oink like a pig because she had spilled something or made a mess. Poor kid was also a bit overweight. If my friend, who was a one of several students in the class remembers this, what about the one forced to do this - wonder what she remembers.

And another one was my FIRST grade teacher getting mad and going up and down whacking all the kids on the back with a paddle. She stopped before she got to me! I was terrified and still remember the look of rage on her face. She was nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting