Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 03:28 AM

1,677 posts, read 2,490,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
But you said you didn't pay for him, or the child.
I didn't. I had planned to pay for the parent (not the extra child) but after all the headache I didn't bother. What I said is I did not feel bad about NOT paying for him since he was only there to watch the other uninvited sibling anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 05:49 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,378,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
you don't, you tell your daughter that you don't really care for the other girls mother and would prefer that your daughter and her friend not plan anymore sleep over type things because you would prefer not to associate with her mother . I find it is best to be honest with kids .Im sure your daughter will understand .
No. She won't understand. And it is unreasonable for an adult to expect her to.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:58 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,378,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
I understand the hesitation about sleepovers. But this woman text me a whole week before the party, maybe longer, and never once mentioned feeling uneasy about it or not coming until the day of the party.
Clearly she was uneasy about it from the start. And as the date drew near her uneasiness grew. This part is understandable. She initially said "yes" likely to keep from upsetting her daughter, then as the date drew near she tried to make excuses to get out of her commitment and finally just said "no". This part is very rude on her part and you have every right to be upset with her.

It is certainly something I would take in to consideration before making future invitations.

We have in the past said no to sleepovers, especially when there was a large group or when we didn't have much trust in the parents' supervision. But when we were unsure we would not RSVP until we knew our answer. That's just common courtesy.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:21 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,019,192 times
OP let it go from your head. If your daughter wants to keep in touch let her that is her friend. There is a time that she will understand who really friends are. Because my daughter does. She is now 9

Old 02-02-2015, 08:27 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,019,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
I don't think there is anything you can do that won't just make it worse. I've had some problems with the parents of my son's friends, and I just try not to let him know. It's hard sometimes, especially when they punish you by not letting the kids see each other. It's just a lousy situation and I think all we can do is suck it up and put on a fake smile. I do try to encourage my son to pursue other friendships when those opportunities arise, hoping he will find people whose parents are more considerate.

Welcome me to your boat please. Oh I can feel what you say. I do the same.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times
My kids have had friends whose parents I didn't like. They've had friends whose parents I barely knew. Even when I liked the parents, the other set of parents always had some different child-rearing ideas than me. Not speaking to this specific situation, just in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting