Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2008, 06:35 AM

2 posts, read 9,565 times

Advertisements

I feel so heart sore - I had such a fight with my son yesterday. Actually I over reacted and feel so miserable now. I hurt his feelings terribly and I am so sorry. I told him I am sorry but can see the hurt in his eyes. Anybody knows how I feel!!!???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 06:50 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,928,979 times
Aww-I'm sorry you feel so guilty. We kids have a wonderfully high forgiveness capacity when it comes to our parents. It's nice you apologized-don't beat yourself up too bad over it.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:14 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,579,727 times
Let him know how you feel again and admit to him you over reacted and are so sorry. That will show him it is ok to admit when you are wrong.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:58 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,939,788 times
I know exactly how you feel. I think it's happened to all of us as parents at some point. Heck, overreacting does show how much you care

Talk to him ASAP and tell him what you told us. I always admired my parents when they did this - and now I do it with my own kids when I overreact. Saying you are sorry is a great start, but expanding upon that a bit and admitting you overreacted would be even better.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:50 PM

180 posts, read 957,464 times
Ouch. Yes, I know how you feel. Talk to him, like the others here have said. Say you are sorry for the things you did wrong. But stand by the things you did right.

He'll love you just the same.

Thinking of you,
TW

Old 01-24-2008, 10:15 AM

932 posts, read 1,274,299 times
My nine year old DD and I fight constantly. Can't wait for her to hit puberty- Gee won't that be FUN! ughhhhh

Yes, there have been times where I had to go apologize.

Part of being a parent, I suppose- admit when you were wrong (or did wrong)

Old 01-30-2008, 12:47 AM

2 posts, read 9,565 times
Red face Fight with my son

Thank you all for your positive posts - sorry I am only responding now. I feel much better and so is he......thanks again - seems like we all have the same feelings one way or another. What makes everything worse is that my hubby (2) has been unemployed now for 1 year and I am the only breadwinner. That also takes its toll. I keep praying that maybe tomorrow something will come up. We live in South Africa and jobs are very scarce. But again - I am sure I am not alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting